Tourist ransacks hotel toilet room, injures three policeman, before falling from second floor window

webfact

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

Taser is the less lethal option of choice in the US and UK now for the police. Not infallible but better than shooting dead with a real gun or “allowing” someone to fall out of a window.

Never seen a cop carrying one here, probably put off by the fake bomb detectors they bought a few years ago.

Not any more after they kept shocking the hell out of their kids, their buddies, themselves...

10 hours ago, mercman24 said:

my stepson is a bouncer in the uk, he carries a small ladies spray perfume, he said you ought to hear them screaming * i have been pepper/cs  sprayed * with a wry amile he said they dont half smell nice .. lol

your stepson is gay he should at least be carrying a man spray, but their again he obviously isn't 

15 hours ago, oxforddon said:

Three policeman being unable tor restrain someone has nothing to do with bad training. In the UK it can take 4-6 policemen to restrain a struggling man who keeps thrashing about. It always looks bad in videos and like overkill but anyone who has tried to restrain such a person who is being violent knows the reality.

Especially if half of them are required to be women. If they are, they should be 'substantial'.

15 hours ago, oxforddon said:

Three policeman being unable tor restrain someone has nothing to do with bad training. In the UK it can take 4-6 policemen to restrain a struggling man who keeps thrashing about. It always looks bad in videos and like overkill but anyone who has tried to restrain such a person who is being violent knows the reality.

On the other hand, I once watched a bobby in Birmingham, who was about an inch taller than a mushroom, tackle and hold down 3 bruisers of African appearance;  all by himself.  Tough little bugger.

Don't blame the Policeman , at their payrate who will risk their

safety & life to deal  with TRASH like this.

I bet now that the screws are tightened for LEGIT RETIREES on

low fixed income & NO  THB 800,000.- deposit in bank acct.

we will see more and more of these trash staying here .

BAD PEOPLE - with LOTS of MONEY ... is in abundance , just look

at El Chapo GUZMAN - he can put up guarantees in the BILLION$

he can invest in FULL INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX by himself ,

no need for BANKS to front for him .   If Thailand will accept him ,

the National Debt will be HISTORY , Thailand will be the strongest

economically  after Singapore.

I hope the injured policemen and the tourist recover quickly. The experts on this forum, who likely were not at the scene, aren't Thai police or have any police experience, are certainly welcome to their opinions. Those opinions are seemingly without merit.

For the criticism ... No stun guns, No Kung <deleted> guy, expert Police etc. .... I'm presuming the Police simply wern't prepared for such violent resistance ... I agree with oxfordon, its no joke trying to restrain a big guy who is swinging out in all directions, I've had to to do it myself with others sometimes and it is quite difficult if your trying to restrain him with minimal harm ....

16 hours ago, Captain_Bob said:

In the USA this guy would have been shot dead by then, or at least tasered and thrown down hard

I doubt he would have been shot, that's a rare occurrence that gets hyped up by the anti police crowd but tasered...hell yeah. and pepper sprayed.

Love the poles. Ancient Asian policing.

17 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Send him home on a container ship, inside a container for the safety of the crew.

what a pr.ck bet he was on drugs that he bought on walking street , they are always there selling them 100 metres away from thai police , i went and told the police on walking street that someone was selling drugs 100 metres away and they just said its ok we know about it and then did nothing possibly they wanted to keep the commission 

32 minutes ago, Benmart said:

I hope the injured policemen and the tourist recover quickly. The experts on this forum, who likely were not at the scene, aren't Thai police or have any police experience, are certainly welcome to their opinions. Those opinions are seemingly without merit.

why?

16 hours ago, oxforddon said:

Well, that may be so, but I counted ten policemen in that video.  This guy sure attracted a lot of attention. But they all seem happy enough....

...tourist hub....

...30+ million tourists a year....

...nobody tried to communicate with him....???

...broke down the door....

...who was doing the ransacking...???

...would have been a good time to assess the situation...when he was locked in the bathroom...???

...maybe feared for his life...???

...out the window.....hmmm....

...these things don't happen to Thais...do they...???

...nor Chinese tourists....of late....???

...gotta really wonder ....what happened...and why......???

...he just happened to gain access to the hotel...and a room...on the second floor...???

...come on....

9 minutes ago, SOTIRIOS said:

...tourist hub....

...30+ million tourists a year....

...nobody tried to communicate with him....???

...broke down the door....

...who was doing the ransacking...???

...would have been a good time to assess the situation...when he was locked in the bathroom...???

...maybe feared for his life...???

...out the window.....hmmm....

...these things don't happen to Thais...do they...???

...nor Chinese tourists....of late....???

...gotta really wonder ....what happened...and why......???

...he just happened to gain access to the hotel...and a room...on the second floor...???

...come on....

the most biased post I 've seen for some time

17 hours ago, Lucius verus said:

Pattaya has definitely evolved into a 'final destination' for many broken western men. Its always had problems but not like this. 

No follow up on the farang who recently locked himself into  his flat and refused to pay rent.

What happened to him?

If memory serves me correctly, that incident was in Phuket. I'll have to check on that.

Yep, Phuket.

Archived