BANGKOK 24 April 2019 17:23
Pravda

Construction costs of houses going through the roof?

Put some pictures up of the houses so we can see the actual materials used ? Honestly 3million baht sounds like what they are trying to sell them for . 

On 3/7/2019 at 11:01 PM, Bigstef said:

Condo prices too in 5 years almost double,wife-sister buy one in 2013 in Siracha for 2M now the same condo are resale for 3.9 to 4.5 on the same floor....

Let us know when they actually sell one at those prices 😉

• Like 1

On 3/10/2019 at 7:04 AM, baansgr said:

Who would pay $1.000.000 for a house in Issan..... No wonder he can't sell them... That kind of money can buy beachfront or even major  cities around the world where you can actually own the property... 

Oh, they are not aimed now at Farang, but Hiso Thais (chinese?). His earlier development WAS aimed at Farang, but the 20 or so properties (bar one, a friend of mine) are now all owned by mainly stupidly rich Thais who change their Mercedes/BMW every year - because they can - and then gossip about those who cannot. Thai face is a cruel thing .....

Udon got a flurry of interest after the big floods of 2011-12 as a bolthole from the flooding, as rich Bangkokians looked for somewhere with good transport links and affordable prices. As a result Udon got it's first 2 proper condo developments and a small upsurge in luxury houses. No big floods since and also with the current elections coming up, i expect the super rich are not sure how safe they would be ....

Udon is not as poor as you might think. Only city where i have seen a Tesla, and have seen an orange Bugatti and a couple of Ferraris. There was also the Hospital owner/director who reserved an entire floor of the multistory carpark for his Mercedes collection.