Netflix film on Tham Luang cave rescue to earn footballers Bt3m each

webfact

13 minutes ago, SABloke said:

I don't think they'll make such a killing actually. There's not much of a story is there. And if you watched the drama unfold live, as most of the world did, there's little motivation to watch a dramatized version.

Yesterday's news already, they should have monetized with a crappy film version in the first two months. 

5 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

Ludicrous. And the guy covered in mud pumping out the cave gets how much?

And there I went thinking this was all completely altruistic heroism - until somebody with a wallet arrived at the scene.

4 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Series or film? Probably series as it says in the main text. Not sure how you can stretch it to a few episodes, they'll probably need to add a few hundred screaming katoys and hours of boioioioing sounds.

Not a problem, really. Day 1, Day 2....etc. Worked for "24".

6 minutes ago, mok199 said:

hopefully we dont see a '' CAVE RESCUE 2 ''....

Sure, that'll be when they rescue the Thai film crews that got stuck in the cave trying to make a low budget movie from the first event.

BTW am I the only one here who sees something wrong with the cash flow? Kids get stuck in cave, cause an extremely expensive rescue operation and get paid for it? The $ should go to the ones who footed the bill for the rescue effort.

1 hour ago, Captain 776 said:

I am VERY HAPPY to see these boys benefit from this.

Be able to pay for a good education or save it and be able to buy themselves a nice house in a few years or help a Mom and a Dad in ways that otherwise would never have been possible.

its ALL GOOD~!!!!

Sorry your positivity is not welcome here. This is a thread for bitter old anti Thai sanctimonious moaners (as are 98% of the other threads on here) - move along please. 

3 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Dam it! I didnt want to watch this rubbish but now im goingnto see it advertised on netflix repeatedly tempting me just to take a gander... The way i see it is very different to the rest of the world. Been here too long. Something about a grown up with a bunch of boys in a cave that makes no logical and moral sense. Enough said. I guess i will have to probably watch it though if its on netflix but realllyyy dont wana.

Come on then, enlighten the rest of the world and tell us how you see it. And please don't tell me it was a set up. 

2 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:
3 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Dam it! I didnt want to watch this rubbish but now im goingnto see it advertised on netflix repeatedly tempting me just to take a gander... The way i see it is very different to the rest of the world. Been here too long. Something about a grown up with a bunch of boys in a cave that makes no logical and moral sense. Enough said. I guess i will have to probably watch it though if its on netflix but realllyyy dont wana.

Come on then, enlighten the rest of the world and tell us how you see it. And please don't tell me it was a set up. 

I suspect his mind is in the gutter and he making judgements based on the limitations of his own horizons in suspecting the reasons for a man and some boys entering a cave not as a positive excursion but for something far more nefarious.... 

9 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Since all the boys are still minors one wonders how the payment will be made and with what safeguards to ensure against family members squandering it.

From the OP.

“The series will be produced by Hollywood’s SK Global Entertainment, which has been granted lifetime rights to contact the 13 young members of the Wild Boars football team,” government spokesman Lt-General Werachon Sukondhapatipak said.

5 minutes ago, billd766 said:

From the OP.

“The series will be produced by Hollywood’s SK Global Entertainment, which has been granted lifetime rights to contact the 13 young members of the Wild Boars football team,” government spokesman Lt-General Werachon Sukondhapatipak said.

?

Does nto explain how the payment will be made and handed.

?Paid to their parents/guardians?

?Trust fund until they come of age?

etc.

They are minors.

Typcial Chinese style. Most of money goes to "big" "important" "good" people and the unpriviledged getting almost nothing.

A true Hollywood-produced movie about such a hugely followed global story could earn hundreds or millions of dollars! 

They are giving the BOYS about 100,000 each. Pathetic Thai-ness! 

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

?

Does nto explain how the payment will be made and handed.

?Paid to their parents/guardians?

?Trust fund until they come of age?

etc.

They are minors.

It probably means that everything will have to go through Hollywood’s SK Global Entertainment and that they will take their cut first, then perhaps the Thai government will get their cut before it goes to whichever department is in charge of the boys for their cut all of which will the gross amount and not the net. Then of course the Thai taxmen will want their piece and eventually something may filter down to the boys parents and then to the boys themselves.

5 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

No wonder how many times it will be advertised, if you don't want to watch, then don't watch it! Or maybe you do, deep down? 

25 minutes ago, billd766 said:

It probably means that everything will have to go through Hollywood’s SK Global Entertainment and that they will take their cut first, then perhaps the Thai government will get their cut before it goes to whichever department is in charge of the boys for their cut all of which will the gross amount and not the net. Then of course the Thai taxmen will want their piece and eventually something may filter down to the boys parents and then to the boys themselves.

But will it be enough for a new pair of Nike's? Or will they have to do with Bata football boots?

5 hours ago, JimSaints said:

How much will their coach get - it was after all him that put the boys life in danger entering the cave ...

and kept them calm while waiting while not making stupid escape attempts.

2 hours ago, DrTuner said:

BTW am I the only one here who sees something wrong with the cash flow? Kids get stuck in cave, cause an extremely expensive rescue operation and get paid for it? The $ should go to the ones who footed the bill for the rescue effort.

I didn't think about this, but, yes, it is a valid criticism. Though, I might blame the coach in this instance. As the chaperone, he bears most of the responsibility.

12 hours ago, webfact said:

SK Global Entertainment, which has been granted lifetime rights to contact the 13 young members of the Wild Boars football team

Wow " Lifetime Royalty" and all they get is BT 3 million?! That's nothing compared to the potential earnings for the studio. Why not a lifetime royalty for them and free education through university?

Beginning of Rant

==============

Finally,
soon we will all know what really happened learning it from another hastily put together Netflix quality production.
Cannot wait to hear the interesting conversation on this one (maybe they can mix up air and oxygen for authenticity) ; the gaps in the storylines; the close up camerawork (fills up the time nicely without cost for decor) of distressed people; the missing logically expected changes of location; the "they will not make it" "flooding starts again" "the air runs out and in" twists at the end of an episode; the falling in love of a foreign rescue volunteer; the beloved giving secret clues how to get the boys out with an amulet; and not to forget the classy camera work;  and, of course an over the shoulder look of TV rescue advisory panelists' invaluable contribution; just hope they will have the good taste not to let Submarine-man chip in and buy himself a role, but give credit where credit and respect is due.

My cast suggestion would be: the Expendables; or maybe better TomCruise since, as he made it back into that plane, cave diving is a piece of cake for him; or the A-team maybe, came back to the rescue this time; or then again what about a PC correct actor, Friedman comes to mind, but then, nowadays, he seems not to limit himself to A-movies ?
Well, let's leave that choice to the professionals and the agents.

In any case, hope the ordeal will not be longer then 48 hours so the local binge watcher does not miss days at work and the enjoyment (and peace) is contained to just one weekend.

Most importantly, would it not be nice to hear that, along with the royalties, a (properly managed) educational fund were to be founded to send these boys, and a lot of others as well, to a school where they learn to think and how to take responsibility but not undue risks.
Moreover, if they do well, they could get the chance to move through proper College and a real University with flying colors. Something most village children can only dream of.
IMHO that beats a new Honda Click;

but then again, what do I know, and who am I to be so opinionated.

Good luck to them.
==========
End of Rant

1 hour ago, KKr said:

Cannot wait to hear the interesting conversation on this one (maybe they can mix up air and oxygen for authenticity) ; the gaps in the storylines; the close up camerawork (fills up the time nicely without cost for decor) of distressed people; the missing logically expected changes of location; the "they will not make it" "flooding starts again" "the air runs out and in" twists at the end of an episode; the falling in love of a foreign rescue volunteer; the beloved giving secret clues how to get the boys out with an amulet; and not to forget the classy camera work;  and, of course an over the shoulder look of TV rescue advisory panelists' invaluable contribution; just hope they will have the good taste not to let Submarine-man chip in and buy himself a role, but give credit where credit and respect is due.

You forgot the obligatory lesbian and gay couple softcore sex scenes. Can't do without them in any US production these days.

10 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

You forgot the obligatory lesbian and gay couple softcore sex scenes. Can't do without them in any US production these days.

Solved, two of the boys were struggling with their sexuality! ????

Now considering gender changes ????

2 hours ago, DrTuner said:

2 hours ago, CGW said:

Solved, two of the boys were struggling with their sexuality! ????

Now considering gender changes ????

Absolutely, forgot about that. How un-PC and old-fashioned of me.
oh dear,
there is another four times four = 16 episodes of "televisional feast" (F-T refers)

but, let's look on the bright side, 
we will be going to the boozer unnoticed, for a change.

15 hours ago, Knocker33 said:

I wonder who is going to make the the Sinking of the Phoenix?

Perfect candidate for yet another crappy Hollywood Chinese movie. Throw in Matt Damon as he's sold his soul already (The Great Wall, what a piece of <deleted>), some wooden Chinese "actress" completely unknown outside China who can't really speak English beyond the few lines, throw some knives and hey presto. Yeah I guess they need some sort of boat but who cares as long as they can sell skin whitening creams. (Anybody seen The Meg? Yeah, that style).

Archived