Aussie thug bottles customer in Pattaya beer bar in shocking and unprovoked attack

webfact

Aussie thug bottles customer in Pattaya beer bar in shocking and unprovoked attack

PA.jpg

video screenshot

CCTV footage captured the moment a thug launched a shocking and allegedly unprovoked attack on a man drinking in a bar in Pattaya.

The attacker, identified on social media as Scottish born Australian national, Alan William Toner, 48, can be seen walking behind the victim as he attempts to leave the bar.

Toner then smashes the bottle over the victim’s head who then falls to the ground, landing on the street outside. He appears to be unconscious as staff and other customers rush to help him.

The incident reportedly happened in a bar in Pattaya last month, with the footage only now being shared on social media.

According to reports, the attack was completely unprovoked.

It is believed Toner was arrested following the attack and is currently in jail awaiting a court hearing.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-08

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The blow or the fall could very easily have resulted in the guys death. Says unprovoked but the start of the video the victim is next to the spare chair at the attackers table, looks like he has just left the table, safe to assume he was probably sitting with them.

57 minutes ago, SammyT said:

I'm sure all the "only thai men are violent" brigade will be pretty quiet on this one...

When has anyone said 'only' Thai men?

Most complaints I've seen are with regards to their penchant of 10 on 1 fights.

It’s funny reading local news. An Australian bashes Scottish born Australian national .so Australian bashes another Australian , what does  Scottish born has to do with it?

unprovoked? Rather silly term to use also , clearly there was something between the 2 of them previously.

17 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

More to that than meets the eye. Not condoning it in any way, but there is more to that story.

Maybe so, but what meets the eye is that a big younger guy walks up behind and, without warning, smashes a beer bottle over the back of an older smaller guy, who was casually leaving the premises.

Do we need to know any more than that? In any civilised Western country, the guy would do time. Hopefully he gets the same result in Thailand.

18 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

The blow or the fall could very easily have resulted in the guys death. Says unprovoked but the start of the video the victim is next to the spare chair at the attackers table, looks like he has just left the table, safe to assume he was probably sitting with them.

Could take a few days for a clot to move down towards the heart. Not in the clear yet.

23 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

More to that than meets the eye. Not condoning it in any way, but there is more to that story.

I think Alan William Toner is in for some "atonement" (can't find that word on Wiki but it sounds good to me).

And I must agree with CharlieH; I think there must be a back story here.

1 minute ago, sungod said:

Yep, either way the guy should get a check up he if has not already, he may not know he is in danger.

Minimum, spinal tap to check for blood in CSF, which indicates bleeding on the brain. Ideally MRI scan or, at least, CT scan.

2 hours ago, SammyT said:

I'm sure all the "only thai men are violent" brigade will be pretty quiet on this one...

Not once (on any website or anywhere) have I ever heard or seen anyone say, "Only Thai men are violent".

Your narrative is equally as ugly as the people you condemn. 

Th incident happened on 11th of Feb, so presumably the victim survived.

It seems Toner has been locked up since then so has had a taste of a Thai goal, and time to think about how much longer he may spend there for his cowardly a-hole act . 

Archived