Leaving Thailand...

e2x10

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, e2x10 said:

Anyone Else?

i am from the USA I have no plans of returning. but I am retired and have 800,000 in the bank in Thailand 24/7, i don't drink or smoke, i have health insurance and large cash reserves in the bank. i have no plans of marring a Thai woman or "buying" a house, and I find almost getting killed every day in traffic to be sort of invigorating.        

If you have to leave you have to leave but remember things back home may not be as great as you remember. Take the 90-day cure. Go home and see if things are as good as you think you remember. Now if choosing another (not home) destination go there for 90 days to really check things out. Everyplace has strengths and weaknesses, no place is perfect except in your imagination.  

I was going to go to Penang but the visa wants giant dollars now so that's out.  I was thinking about Vietnam but the health care is not enough to support my needs.  Laos and Cambodia have no infrastructure to make living possible for me.  South America everyone already leaving to go to America and then I was thinking Madison Wisconsin but it's 40 below 0.  So I'll stay here. 

5 minutes ago, Jimbo2014 said:

Its getting very expensive and the reasons to stay are becoming less.  The pollution mess has really got us thinking about moving back.  Free education/health care back home as well.

can you expand on whats getting ..very expensive?

I have wanted to leave for some time now but I have an albatross hanging around my neck in the form of a house I had built and all my savings are tied up in it. Until it sells, I’m stuck here.

20 minutes ago, Jimbo2014 said:

Its getting very expensive and the reasons to stay are becoming less.  The pollution mess has really got us thinking about moving back.  Free education/health care back home as well.

It's as cheap as it ever was ....... but I'm fed up with corrupt immigration making my legitimate extensions difficult.

yeah!!!!  I'm in Vietnam as I write this researching options for all the reasons so many have disclosed.  Love Thailand, and have the money to play the immigration game with BJ...but???  Is "that" kind of BS worth it?  BS is everywhere, just have to choose one horse and ride it!  No matter which path is chosen, there WILL be a price to pay, we just choose how we pay for what we want....

13ca533682d59c448ef54a1c24a2d3f0.jpg

Oh dear

Not sure this was the response expected by the OP.

Maybe TV should introduce a fiendish algorithm to weed out these endless ‘are you leaving posts’ No I’m not leaving , actually very happy here, and I would miss my dog.

2 hours ago, Kurtf said:

I have wanted to leave for some time now but I have an albatross hanging around my neck in the form of a house I had built and all my savings are tied up in it. Until it sells, I’m stuck here.

That should help some people get off the fence.

Gone back to uk already - though that was more due to my tenant dying that supplied my income - will I be back when I get a pension in June ? Maybe, but life in Thailand is always up in the air regarding immigration and visas and bank accounts now. 

Far easier for me to get the wife and kid in a boat in the channel and get her asylum !

3 hours ago, Ulic said:

If you have to leave you have to leave but remember things back home may not be as great as you remember. Take the 90-day cure. Go home and see if things are as good as you think you remember. Now if choosing another (not home) destination go there for 90 days to really check things out. Everyplace has strengths and weaknesses, no place is perfect except in your imagination.  

i took the 30 day cure

Archived