Mayor stands up for "Mr Durian" - says he wanted his own son to get hitched with daughter!

webfact

Mayor stands up for "Mr Durian" - says he wanted his own son to get hitched with daughter!

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The mayor of the town where a wealthy durian trader advertised his daughter for marriage has described him as a likable rogue with a good heart. 

And he said that he had hoped that his son would stand a chance to be selected as the lucky son-in-law.

Anon Rotthong, 59, - otherwise known as Pa Non (Sugar Daddy Non) - created a storm after he said that he would give 10 million baht, a car and a house to the successful candidate in marriage for his 26 year old daughter Karnsita.

But after 10,000 calls from Thailand and abroad - and 10 million people reading about the story in one hour on a Chinese website - Anon was forced to abandon the plan. He said his durian business was suffering and his daughter would let love decide when she was ready. 

Now Lang Suan, Chumpon, mayor Atthaya Wiriyawat has stepped into the affair that has been the talk of Thailand this week.

Daily News said that Atthaya had known Anon for thirty years. He described him as a true person with "the heart of a gangster with a good disposition". 

Thaivisa notes that this term is often used where the English expression "lovable rogue" might be employed.

He said he had plowed ten million baht into durian production with customers in Bangkok and abroad. 

Atthaya - with perhaps a little of his tongue in his cheek - said he was disappointed and disagreed with Anon's decision to abandon plans to find a son-in-law. 

He thought it would have been a good idea to hold the selection process at the Uaychai market in Lang Suan where he has a stake. 

And he said that he had hoped that his youngest son would be chosen to unite the two families adding, with a smile, that he would have matched Anon's ten million baht with a similar sum of his own. 

Source: Daily News 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-08

6 minutes ago, webfact said:

"the heart of a gangster with a good disposition". 

Thaivisa notes that this term is often used where the English expression "lovable rogue" might be employed.

Seems I have misinterpreted local newspaper headlines for years. Whenever I thought they would, for example, read...

"Gangsters kidnap and murder wealthy businessman's daughter"

I actually should have read it as...

"Lovable rogues kidnap and murder wealthy businessman's daughter"

On another note, I am not sure I'd want my future FIL to be a "gangster with a good disposition". Would make me feel somewhat uneasy. The potential danger of him "losing his good disposition" would simply loom too large over my head.

5 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Of course he's a gangster. He's a rich connected, up-country Thai, so what else could he be?

Yeh, with social media, this forum continues to become increasingly irrelevant in alignment with its decreasing credibility.

Still a good place for a Thai-bash and visa info though. 

Are you fishing for another suspension? ????????????????

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He said he had plowed ten million baht into durian production with customers in Bangkok and abroad

And as a result of his advertisement 10000 thirsty men wanted to plow his daughter. 

3 minutes ago, simon43 said:

It's all about the money (and face).

It makes me want to puke.....

Personally,I don't find her face worth a lot of money.

I agree with the vomiting feeling you have.

This must be a stupid stunt ! Trying to get a world record on youtube or so?

Fact is girl is pretty, so can have many men to choose from or if she might be gay, women.

guess its just fun thing. Nowadays everyone tries to do something on internet to become "famous". 

9 hours ago, webfact said:

And he said that he had hoped that his son would stand a chance to be selected as the lucky son-in-law.

Last ditch chance by the "good mayor" to get his hands on the 10 million, by standing up for the farmer !

This thing about inbred relations is common among the wealthy in India. The idea is to marry within the greater family circle(cousins) in order to keep the money in that circle. We are talking about seriously wealthy families of India, not(even) a garden variant of wealth like "Mr. Durian". Even some Royals in the world have gone this route. Not always pleasant results.

Archived