BANGKOK 18 April 2019 17:56
webfact

Arrest warrant for "hot head" Russian after he demanded sex at traditional massage parlor in Pattaya

1 hour ago, Prairieboy said:

I wonder how they know he is a mafia figure?

In the MP he went straight to the mattresses. 

10 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The guy was in the wrong soi!

...but the right city.

12 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

I had  three long conversations recently with a US educated Hi so lady who resides and own businesses in a tourist area, a semi English fluent cab driver, and an fluent English speaking tour sales lady 

Based on those conversations, I beleive that while Thais love their money, they despise Russians. They are considered to be cheap, crude, rude and violent.

YMMV

Generally they consider Russians as white trash. Maybe same level as backpackers. Eons ago, backpacking was looked upon as student ambassadors representing their countries discovering the delights of Asia living the simple life of the locals .nowadays backpackers are those who live life on the cheap with questionable behaviors to boot. Those who should never be allowed to leave their country and sully their name. 

Russians are also regarded  as  ‘white chinese’ . Uncouth and boorish. However Chinese are more welcomed. 

White chinese = Russian 

black chinese = indian

1 hour ago, Ctkong said:

Generally they consider Russians as white trash. Maybe same level as backpackers. Eons ago, backpacking was looked upon as student ambassadors representing their countries discovering the delights of Asia living the simple life of the locals .nowadays backpackers are those who live life on the cheap with questionable behaviors to boot. Those who should never be allowed to leave their country and sully their name. 

Russians are also regarded  as  ‘white chinese’ . Uncouth and boorish. However Chinese are more welcomed. 

White chinese = Russian 

black chinese = indian

Russians deserve it from what I saw. Their negotiation skills are lacking and they are rude about it. There is a way to ritually negotiate prices with a smile and a jai dee attitude so that Thais have fun with you and dont get irritated, but Russians are incapable of that and offend. And Thais do carry grudges. Recently, A taxi dude I was riding with negotiated a fare with some Russians than got on the phone and complained to someone about them. He even said to me, Rooshin hia! baa! He was irritated.

So keep in mind that I had negotiated 50 baht off my ride, but he let me in the front seat with AC, so at the end of the ride I just gave him the 50 baht anyway. I got waied to the nth degree and showed him how Americans compare to Russians.

Oh and did I mention when I was walking down the street later, he picked me up and drove me a km or so gratis?