Kindergarten for Luk Khrueng

lucky2008

Trying to find a good Kindergarden for my  Luk Khrueng little ones. My budget is no more than 100k per year. 

I have already looked at NAPA, Wichai Wittaya, and Suan Dek.  Any parents have children that go to any of these? 

Please be so kind and share your experiences with me. 

13 hours ago, lucky2008 said:

I guess not too many TVM with young children here in CM, or maybe they are just in a higher tuition price bracket than 100k per year? 

Mine went to the local Amphur kindergarten, they did a great job for 4,000bht/year.

Two blonde 100% American kids were also there, same price. 

They gave all the family free 1 year passes to the university swimming pool (4 of us), and free lessons for the kids.

Can't fault the local Amphur services.

Ambassador Bilingual School might be worth looking into, it's within your budget. My kids go to the Varee International program but they have a Thai Kindergarten program and I've seen some mixed Thai/western children in there.  

Anubaan Chia

1 hour ago, prism said:

Ambassador Bilingual School

Fees are listed in website. Way too expensive @ 40k - 50k with out additional cost and 20k entrance fee.

Try Anubaan Chiang Mai. Used to have a good rep and goes to P6. Probably right around or a bit less on your budget

3 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Are both of you working (you and their mother)?

We both work why do you ask? 

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Mine went to the local Amphur kindergarten, they did a great job for 4,000bht/year.

They gave all the family free 1 year passes to the university swimming pool (4 of us), and free lessons for the kids.

Sounds like a good deal!

2 hours ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

Dara for me. I feel they aren't overly pushy with their religious and nationalist teachings like government schools and provides a nice environment for the children to enjoy themselves.

I've heard very good things about Dara. I think I remember reading they use a British curriculum? 

2 hours ago, prism said:

Ambassador Bilingual School might be worth looking into, it's within your budget. My kids go to the Varee International program but they have a Thai Kindergarten program and I've seen some mixed Thai/western children in there.  

I'll look into ABS thanks.

I've met some very bright kids that have graduated from Varee, but unfortunately bit too expensive for us. 

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

Anubaan Chia

Fees are listed in website. Way too expensive @ 40k - 50k with out additional cost and 20k entrance fee.

Try Anubaan Chiang Mai. Used to have a good rep and goes to P6. Probably right around or a bit less on your budget

Anubann Chiang Mai? Is that the actual name of the school? 

To the OP:  You really need to qualify this question by giving the approximate area in which you live.  Daily school runs quickly get to be a real chore and most parents don't want their kids to use minivans or songthaws.

1 hour ago, lucky2008 said:

Sounds like a good deal!

I've heard very good things about Dara. I think I remember reading they use a British curriculum? 

I've met some very bright kids that have graduated from Varee, but unfortunately bit too expensive for us. 

Dara does use a British curriculum I believe. They do a large English department so it may be worth getting in touch with someone there if you have questions.

4 hours ago, Greenside said:

To the OP:  You really need to qualify this question by giving the approximate area in which you live.  Daily school runs quickly get to be a real chore and most parents don't want their kids to use minivans or songthaws.

We would eventually move close to whatever Kindergarden we choose, and then if need we will move again once it's time for primary. I'm just trying to get an insight on past experiences from some of the longterm residents here in CM. 

9 hours ago, lucky2008 said:

Sounds like a good deal!

Yes

7 hours ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

Dara does use a British curriculum I believe. They do a large English department so it may be worth getting in touch with someone there if you have questions.

Dara is a huge school with many thousands of kids. We looked back in the day at Dara and immediately after talking to teachers and viewing the surroundings walked away funnily with the same opinion. Nope, not a good match for our kids. Could also be intimidating for such a young kid, especially a mixed kid who will at some time or the other at a young age get some flack from another kid expressing his parents opinions on the mix. Maybe that part has changed, but it seems there, it was too easy for kids not to be watched and we wanted a better eye on ours. No problem later in the kids life for Dara, but for us it was a no. 

My daughter is 4 and goes to Tonkla School near Meechok Plaza. We really like it, plenty of other mixed kids. Very relaxed and cool school. Not very religious or regimental. It has a very positive vibe. Has some western teachers as well. It lets kids develop and express themselves. It seems to encourage individualism. My daughter absolutely loves it and seeing the other kids, they love it as well. Security is A1. Also, a nice environment, lots of open space, bright and airy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 hours ago, falang1969 said:

My daughter is 4 and goes to Tonkla School near Meechok Plaza. We really like it, plenty of other mixed kids. Very relaxed and cool school. Not very religious or regimental. It has a very positive vibe. Has some western teachers as well. It lets kids develop and express themselves. It seems to encourage individualism. My daughter absolutely loves it and seeing the other kids, they love it as well. Security is A1. Also, a nice environment, lots of open space, bright and airy!

Cost was a factor for him. 2 kids I believe and 25k per semester for each @ total 100k per year. Tonkla looks ok, but what tis the cost? I'm curious as well.

52 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Cost was a factor for him. 2 kids I believe and 25k per semester for each @ total 100k per year. Tonkla looks ok, but what tis the cost? I'm curious as well.

My apologies I should have edited my post earlier. My budget is 100k per child per year.

I agree Tonkla does look interesting. 

50 minutes ago, lucky2008 said:

My apologies I should have edited my post earlier. My budget is 100k per child per year.

I agree Tonkla does look interesting. 

No problem. Your options with that doubled have now just expanded your choices greatly. Good luck. 

On 3/10/2019 at 3:46 AM, falang1969 said:

Hi falang1969

Could you please tell us how much you pay per year? 

On 3/9/2019 at 9:21 AM, BritManToo said:

Another possibility is one of the better government / amphur schools plus courses in Thai language and/or English language at a Kumon school.

We use the Kumon school at Promenada for my second Thai granddaughter, she goes to Thai language (at the moment the focus is on reading, pronunciation and writing Thai and her progress is excellent). Same with English and maths. Lots of flexibility with class days / times  Sat / Sun am or pm and after school on week days and their fees are very reasonable.

Trained teachers, excellent classroom materials and homework materials, some homework is on youtube with printed handouts and with good pronunciation help.  Worth a look.

Archived