Stray dogs ordered removed from Jomtien Beach

Rimmer

Stray dogs ordered removed from Jomtien Beach

image.png

PATTAYA:--Pattaya officials ordered the city’s dog catchers to get on the ball and round up dangerous stray dogs on Jomtien Beach.

Deputy Mayor Manote Nongyai and other officials toured the beach Feb. 26 and confirmed the many complaints about aggressive soi dogs chasing tourists, defecating on sidewalks and making a nuisance of themselves.

Manote ordered the dogs rounded up, sterilized, vaccinated and placed in a shelter. He also ordered sanitation workers to clean up all the dog poop.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-08-03--

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, johng said:

3 hoo-ra's !!!

I think the "feeders" should be made to clear up the poop as well as being given a stern talking to about not feeding and a monetary fine.

So you would prefer people did not feed them and them roaming hungry and more aggressive ?

beacon of humanity right here ????

4 minutes ago, BestB said:

So you would prefer people did not feed them and them roaming hungry and more aggressive ?

The problem with feeding dogs that it makes them even more agressive. We have some-one in our village that feeds and waters a stray dog outside his house, now that dog thinks that it is his territory now, and when some-one passes on a motorbike it feels the need to give chase.

The local Tessabaan is now giving lessons to the Thais and telling them not to feed strays, all it does is exasperates the situation even more.

There are too many dogs as it is without helping to propagate even more.

1 minute ago, johng said:
32 minutes ago, HLover said:
Has anyone seen this mythical being?

Yes I saw them once in Pattaya, they use blow darts to sedate the dogs.

Ok, fair enough. Must have been entertaining.

Especially if their aim was off and hit a coconut bar worker.

2 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Deputy Mayor Manote Nongyai and other officials toured the beach Feb. 26 and confirmed the many complaints about aggressive soi dogs chasing tourists, defecating on sidewalks and making a nuisance of themselves.

Sorry the dogs on the beach is the best of the dog's try start with the real soi dogs that kind of dog's is very dangerous 

beacon of humanity right here [emoji106]
Yes please dont feed them...maybeyou missed the point about them being rounded up and removed from the area...so then they are not "roaming" around causing trouble.

My humanity beacon tells me its better to remove the dogs (they aren't human) than to have (human) children mauled,possibly infected with rabies +,noise,poop and many
road accidents avoided by not having stray dogs roaming around.

34 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Sorry the dogs on the beach is the best of the dog's try start with the real soi dogs that kind of dog's is very dangerous 

If that's the case, the soi dogs on Phuket must be real monsters compared to the 'beach' dogs that attacked the Finnish kid.

Round them all up and put them in  shelters, or do whatever you want with them, except letting them roam the streets/beaches again.

5 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

If that's the case, the soi dogs on Phuket must be real monsters compared to the 'beach' dogs that attacked the Finnish kid.

Round them all up and put them in  shelters, or do whatever you want with them, except letting them roam the streets/beaches again.

I don't know about Phuket but here in jomtien beach we don't have meny dogs but yes round them all up and put them in shelters or sell them for food to Cambodia what i care I am tried of soi dogs 

3 hours ago, vogie said:

The problem with feeding dogs that it makes them even more agressive. We have some-one in our village that feeds and waters a stray dog outside his house, now that dog thinks that it is his territory now, and when some-one passes on a motorbike it feels the need to give chase.

The local Tessabaan is now giving lessons to the Thais and telling them not to feed strays, all it does is exasperates the situation even more.

There are too many dogs as it is without helping to propagate even more.

Whatever made you think it would be less aggressive if it was not fed ?

3 hours ago, johng said:

Yes please dont feed them...maybeyou missed the point about them being rounded up and removed from the area...so then they are not "roaming" around causing trouble.

My humanity beacon tells me its better to remove the dogs (they aren't human) than to have (human) children mauled,possibly infected with rabies +,noise,poop and many
road accidents avoided by not having stray dogs roaming around.

How about removing all non human beings so it does not intefer with your productive life. 

Lets also stop feeding sick and old humans , Incase they infect others or cause nuisance ?

5 minutes ago, BestB said:

Whatever made you think it would be less aggressive if it was not fed ?

I thought my post explained that, but I'll try again. If you don't feed the dogs they will move on to pastures new in the search for food, so if nobody feeds the dogs there won't be any dogs to be aggressive. Nature will take its toll, one poster has already explained that by feeding the dogs they become fitter, healthier and more likely to be able to breed.

But not feeding the dogs is not the only answer, there has to be other measures taken into consideration too. 

Surely you must agree that soi dogs are a menace and should not be allowed to roam in their packs and cause a nuisance, and can be a danger to the young and the old, especially where ignorant people feed them and not realising the problems they are inflicting on the rest of us.

What do you suggest we do with them?

13 minutes ago, BestB said:

How about removing all non human beings so it does not intefer with your productive life. 

Lets also stop feeding sick and old humans , Incase they infect others or cause nuisance ?

After reading this nonsense, please don't reply to my post.

not from Pattaya, but I was ganged up by six stray dogs when walking at Cha-am beach like 3 days ago, middle of the day.

they were right on me at most 2-3 feet, could have tore me a new one. I could handle a dog or two but six?

8 hours ago, johng said:

3 hoo-ra's !!!

I think the "feeders" should be made to clear up the poop as well as being given a stern talking to about not feeding and a monetary fine.

I'll take the stray dogs over animals like you any day of the week.

4 hours ago, vogie said:

I thought my post explained that, but I'll try again. If you don't feed the dogs they will move on to pastures new in the search for food, so if nobody feeds the dogs there won't be any dogs to be aggressive. Nature will take its toll, one poster has already explained that by feeding the dogs they become fitter, healthier and more likely to be able to breed.

But not feeding the dogs is not the only answer, there has to be other measures taken into consideration too. 

Surely you must agree that soi dogs are a menace and should not be allowed to roam in their packs and cause a nuisance, and can be a danger to the young and the old, especially where ignorant people feed them and not realising the problems they are inflicting on the rest of us.

What do you suggest we do with them?

So is this your own theory or some scientific research?

Dogs removed this week,  and another pack of soi dogs are ready to take over the territory next week. Believe me , nothing will change until they are exterminated. 

Just curious but what type of dogs are these Soi Dogs.  I've never seen dogs like these before.  Big body and short stumpy legs.

Behind Bongkoch 8 from Full Love Inn to the beer bars there is a shop who 'owns' a pack of these Soi dogs.  No one walks along this alley/car park parallel to Bongkoch 8 because of them.  They are not afraid of people and they swarm like a pack of wolves.  They are always barking at a larger single soi dog in another shop up the street.  Maybe they are completely harmless but they're the only group of soi dogs I have encountered in Pattaya that are a bit intimidating. 

This is nothing but a knee jerk reaction of rounding up 20 dogs as a PR stunt....it is not a policy and enforcement program...they need to create one and work diligently to implement and enforce 365 days a year....

rounding up and putting in shelters? What shelters? How are they funded? And dog catchers periodically roaming the streets?

this is equivalent to having the FD spraying the air pollution in CM and saying look at what we are doing.....

there is estimated to be close to a million soi dogs in thailand and at annual projected growth rates 1.3 million by 2025...

they need to put in a true program. And you guys get all excited about rounding up a few dogs that will be back-filled by the end of the month....this is thailand....it’s all about appearance as their goal is maintain status quo not to produce effective change....

19 hours ago, BestB said:

No, I would prefer a few more to die of starvation and not keep breeding in the well fed environment they find themselves.  Dogs as cared for pets rather than wild and running free and feral would suit me best. Being able to go for a cycle ride or jog early mornings without fear of being bitten and having to go get very unpleasant rabies shots would suit me better. 

When all these dogs have been rounded up please supply your address for them to be dropped off. 

The dogs on Jomtien beach have never been a threat to me, and seem friendly and intelligent. I'd take one as a pet if condo allowed it.

I have been bitten twice by soi dogs away from the beach. Once when riding a bike in Bang Saen and once by a dog I'd passed by without problem previously. I was in recovery stage from Dengue fever. Maybe I smelled unfamiliar?

15 hours ago, Kim J said:

. Now the rest of us are left with a pack of dogs, a number of which are aggressive, and cats absolutely everywhere, and stupid people still feeding the cats. Why do they never learn?

Idiots compassion 

Archived