Stray dogs ordered removed from Jomtien Beach

Rimmer

So what and where are these shelters?  Yeah, I know there are some shelters somewhere, I can hear hundreds of dogs barking in the early morning. Dont people complain about the barking, or is it just part of nature? On our estate, there about 15 soi dogs, and 20 dogs that have owners. They are Always barking, cant take a walk, without carrying a stick. Cant even hear tv. So what is the idea of these shelters? Are there really people that go to a shelter and pick up a soi dog? If someone wants a soi dog, they can pick it up off the street. The problem is, people see a cute puppy and take it home, and they it turns into a DOG, so they send it back out on the street again!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Pattaya officials ordered the city’s dog catchers

Where have they been this last fifteen years?  Do they only 'work' in Jomtien?  I'd do it for free with a proper permit and an AK 47.

16 hours ago, BestB said:

How about removing all non human beings so it does not intefer with your productive life. 

Lets also stop feeding sick and old humans , Incase they infect others or cause nuisance ?

You're missing the point. Dogs aren't humans. Nothing like, they have four legs and a tail and crap everywhere. Their crap can infect children with Toxocariasis, which can make children blind, not to mention the risk of Rabies.

In the West, stray dogs are rounded up and, if new homes can't be found for them, they are euthanised. It's the right thing to do but, admittedly, I am talking about civilised Western countries now.

27 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Where have they been this last fifteen years?  Do they only 'work' in Jomtien?  I'd do it for free with a proper permit and an AK 47.

It is some years ago, like decades, but I watched with interest as they rounded up a feral pack near Jamesons, using drugged blow darts. They packed them all into large cages. Similar happened once where I live, well didn't see it this time. The pack just vanished much to my relief. A Thai lady complained some were her pets, although I had not seen much evidence of that myself, and a few days later they were all back again.

Just now, jacko45k said:

It is some years ago, like decades, but I watched with interest as they rounded up a feral pack near Jamesons, using drugged blow darts. They packed them all into large cages. Similar happened once where I live, well didn't see it this time. The pack just vanished much to my relief. A Thai lady complained some where her pets, although I had not seen much evidence of that myself, and a few days later they were all back again.

Free entertainment and another futile public plan, all rolled together.????????

stray dogs depend on us for food.

to accomplish this they need to be cute and friendly.

the ones that are not become dangerous wolf packs.

there seem to be many people on this forum

who are affected by wolf packs.

the dog catchers go after the low hanging fruit

and remove the friendly dogs who wait outside supermarkets.

22 hours ago, johng said:

3 hoo-ra's !!!

I think the "feeders" should be made to clear up the poop as well as being given a stern talking to about not feeding and a monetary fine.

Yes, and the fine be placed into a fund to help pay for the next person to have portions of their body bitten off. A dog bite often means chunks of human flesh torn off.

Loads of soi dogs on Soi 6  from Na Jomtien traffic lights to Na Jomtien Police Station !   They don't even move for road traffic !  They are in all the rubbish/fly tipping which is happening on Soi 6 and thereabouts yet the police ride this road all the time and all is totally ignored !!   Even noisy soi dogs behind the Police Station !    Thinking of moving to somewhere with a cleaner environment !!  

On 3/8/2019 at 12:28 PM, johng said:

3 hoo-ra's !!!

I think the "feeders" should be made to clear up the poop as well as being given a stern talking to about not feeding and a monetary fine.

The excuse for feeding is not for feedings sake... it's a way of making merit so that they may have a better life !

20 hours ago, BestB said:

How about removing all non human beings so it does not intefer with your productive life. 

Lets also stop feeding sick and old humans , Incase they infect others or cause nuisance ?

I think you need a little lie down to rest and think, then try posting again.

On 3/8/2019 at 7:29 AM, Henrik Andersen said:

Sorry the dogs on the beach is the best of the dog's try start with the real soi dogs that kind of dog's is very dangerous 

That's not really how it is,a few seem to spend all of the time on the beach and they know how to beg for food from the locals who use the beach as a dining area,they all have their territory,one pack here another pack there and there's a commotion if a dog intrudes on another packs territory.They are breeding! at the far end of Dongtan beach their are two litters of pups both being fed by Thais and visitors and they are looking very well( mores the pity) another litter by the rescue center on Dongtan.There is also a nasty pack by the night market you will only see them as a pack if you get up early.They have cleared the area at the top of soi 1-2-3 and 4 and I presume the pack that lived there have moved into the soi's I don't go there because of the dogs, another no go area.The dogs have made Jomtien a disaster from my perspective and it seems others a starting to complain one way or another the dogs in tourist areas must go.

16 minutes ago, adammike said:

That's not really how it is,a few seem to spend all of the time on the beach and they know how to beg for food from the locals who use the beach as a dining area,they all have their territory,one pack here another pack there and there's a commotion if a dog intrudes on another packs territory.They are breeding! at the far end of Dongtan beach their are two litters of pups both being fed by Thais and visitors and they are looking very well( mores the pity) another litter by the rescue center on Dongtan.There is also a nasty pack by the night market you will only see them as a pack if you get up early.They have cleared the area at the top of soi 1-2-3 and 4 and I presume the pack that lived there have moved into the soi's I don't go there because of the dogs, another no go area.The dogs have made Jomtien a disaster from my perspective and it seems others a starting to complain one way or another the dogs in tourist areas must go.

That's what I said before soi dogs is dangerous running after motorbikes and people it would be better to start in the sois or for that matter kill all the dog's and make some kind of ear tattoo chips so owners can be held accountable for their dogs running around bagging and bites people 

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Undertakers?

No Idea...  they certainly don't like me wearing a black t-shirt whilst pedalling past them..at first I took a kids cap gun around with me  and "shot" them with it (just a loud bang no projectile) It certainly worked  to scare them off

but lately  after the the cap gun broke  if they start to chase  just stop turn round and lunge at them, while shouting "By Loy" mostly they run away  but some will carry on menacing..so jump off the bike and pretend to pick up a stone then run at it/them this has worked for 1-4 pack of dogs..if it was a larger pack they might not be so easily frighted off. ????

it is them or us... mind you I am a dog lover and have THREE (indeed three) but those are not stray dogs who attack people

either risk of being bitten (happened to me) or have them all put to sleep... also remember how many kids have been bitten in the past ! Something drastic has to be DONE. People are afraid to walk a quiet spot on jomtien beach road !

On 3/8/2019 at 12:55 PM, HLover said:

Has anyone seen this mythical being?

Two years ago, on Pratamnak Road at the "Crazy junction", I saw two. One had a tranqualizer rifle and was after a stray dog. Other that that, no. Animal Control Officers are as rare a mobile, traffic officers that are after offenders driving the wrong way, with three onboard and without helmets.

On 8 March 2019 at 2:20 PM, Henrik Andersen said:

I don't know about Phuket but here in jomtien beach we don't have meny dogs but yes round them all up and put them in shelters or sell them for food to Cambodia what i care I am tried of soi dogs 

Just eat the chips then

Archived