Stray dogs ordered removed from Jomtien Beach

Rimmer

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had my first meal of dog in the Philippines. Not sure how she prepared the meat but it turned out just fine served with veggies and rice. Cook also owned two pet dogs but assured me that dog meat from market was "different" from domestic dogs.

Also had my first and last taste of dog in the Philippines circa 1986. Understandable it was very tough meat and I was told it was different from domestic due to the lack of inoculations/medicines.

I do remember some of the UK Sunday tabloids at that time running little adverts for a rescue charity that showed a tied up dog ready for slaughter.

Personally feel that the stray dogs in Jomtein DO need to be removed for all the reasons listed above by other posters.  

10 hours ago, Peckerhead said:

Also had my first and last taste of dog in the Philippines circa 1986. Understandable it was very tough meat and I was told it was different from domestic due to the lack of inoculations/medicines.

I do remember some of the UK Sunday tabloids at that time running little adverts for a rescue charity that showed a tied up dog ready for slaughter.

Personally feel that the stray dogs in Jomtein DO need to be removed for all the reasons listed above by other posters.  

Thats ok, your allowed to be wrong, it's not a crime. :jap:

13 hours ago, myshem said:

20 years in Thailand and have never found a dangerous dog, even when there was 20 of them...

You must be real men...

15 years in Thailand and never found a snake. I suppose there are none.

These stray dogs are not only a threat to children and joggers, but to motorbikers aswell. Get rid of them.

14 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

These stray dogs are not only a threat to children and joggers, but to motorbikers aswell. Get rid of them.

There are more cyclists around these days and Thais seem to have taken to the sport quite a lot. Dogs are quite a danger to them.

Archived