Best pickup by value and safety 2015 - 2019

Tagged

17 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Depends do you want a pickup or a car.

Any 4 door pickup if a car the biggest Camry or Teana etc or there's many SUV's.

Need an pickup we can transport things we need in the village and motorbikes as an example. So no car or suv. Pick up for a fair price and safety. Nothing extreme as Ford Ranger 1,8 mill, or an cheep Indian death trap. 

Im looking for your experience and opinions. I guess an two dor Toyota hillux revo rocco type would fit my budget and standard. 

8 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Im looking for your experience and opinions. I guess an two dor Toyota hillux revo rocco type would fit my budget and standard.

That would do fine, 2 door cab the cheapest and you can get smartcab and still get motorbikes in the back.  

Used to new car from year 2015 and up, and around 400 000,-  to 1 million, with less than 50000 km? 

Safety for driver and passenger is important, and also to have a car I should be comfortabel for long rides, to more rural short rides on country side roades to our land. 

On 3/8/2019 at 12:56 PM, Tagged said:

Need an pickup we can transport things we need in the village and motorbikes as an example. So no car or suv. Pick up for a fair price and safety. Nothing extreme as Ford Ranger 1,8 mill, or an cheep Indian death trap. 

My Isuzu is 4 years old and so far reliable. It does about 8 litres per 100 km. Much better on longer runs. Cab seemed roomier than Toyota when we searched around. 

1 hour ago, lagavulin1 said:

My Isuzu is 4 years old and so far reliable. It does about 8 litres per 100 km. Much better on longer runs. Cab seemed roomier than Toyota when we searched around. 

What model and year did you buy? 

Pickup safety is fairly moot. It depends on how the pickup is loaded. An empty pickup on a wet road can be just as lethal as an overloaded one.

I suppose the one with the most airbags and other options such as ABS, ESC, traction control etc. would be the best choice.

3 minutes ago, mejomini said:

Toyota revo E  prerunner 4 door automatic. 850K THB.

7 L/100 Km. Bought new 1 year ago. Great truck. No trouble at all-it's a Toyota! (Not exciting, just plain reliable).

How much you pay in insurance?

I think a two door fits my purpose best, since the two door have better space for a big bike transport. 

When I arrived here about 4 years ago I bought a Mitsubishi Triton 4x4 manual.

Its a good car. Its reliable but nothing special.

With hindsight I wouldn't bother with the 4x4. I have only used that in anger a couple of times.

Basically anything Japanese is going to be OK.

we bought a nissan navara sportech last year, not the 4 wd though only 2 wd but it is top of the range & has all the extras, 900,000. I have a bad back and cant handle long drives normally but the seats are great, air con also through to the back seats for our daughter, great mileage as well, 7 speed auto with

manual if you want and its really nice to drive, also looks pretty good, pic is a 4 wd otherwise they are the same. We also got 3 years free service, just pay for oil/parts

sportech.jpg

32 minutes ago, Tagged said:

And which one is that? 

I don't know. Get on a website such as Zigwheels, should be able to research which options are available on the various new models. For secondhand, Google e.g. 2016 Toyota Hilux review.

Be aware options on models sold in Thailand are usually less than the same model exported.

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I don't know. Get on a website such as Zigwheels, should be able to research which options are available on the various new models. For secondhand, Google e.g. 2016 Toyota Hilux review.

Be aware options on models sold in Thailand are usually less than the same model exported.

I see the ratings on Toyota was from South Africa btw. 

Anyway, I think Toyota and Mitsubushi shoud be on the to range when it comes to safety, and prices is about the same. 

2 hours ago, Tagged said:

After alot of digging and reading, I guess it have to be one of these! Any comments? 

Why should I choose on above the other? 

Go for a test drive in both. Then decide which one you want.

On 3/10/2019 at 11:25 AM, Tagged said:

After alot of digging and reading, I guess it have to be one of these! Any comments? 

Why should I choose on above the other? 

The Triton has full-time 4wd vs. part-time on the Hilux - nice for safe driving when it's raining cats and dogs while you are on the highway etc.

Lot more safety on the new Triton if memory serves, but better resale on the Hilux unless things have changed.

But as has been mentioned - a test-drive is really the only way to see which one works better for you....good luck!

3 hours ago, denkiblue555 said:

The Triton has full-time 4wd vs. part-time on the Hilux - nice for safe driving when it's raining cats and dogs while you are on the highway etc.

Lot more safety on the new Triton if memory serves, but better resale on the Hilux unless things have changed.

But as has been mentioned - a test-drive is really the only way to see which one works better for you....good luck!

It may come down to what deal they have to offer...check on discounts, interest rates, length of warranty, etc. The new pajero sport has a 5 yr /100K warranty, for example. I think the toyota is 3 years.  The triton should be quicker as it is lighter, and as mentioned, also has the on demand 4wd system so you can run in 4wd high on paved roads. That's a big plus here, especially in the wet season. 

Ranger.

Mine from 2013 have been very good.

Did Pattaya-Bkk-Pattaya yesterday, felt very comfortable doing about 125-130km/h on the tollways, cruise control engaged.

Bonus: By far the best looking truck in Thailand.

On 3/9/2019 at 7:14 PM, Tagged said:

I think a two door fits my purpose best, since the two door have better space for a big bike transport. 

I seem to remember something like 15000 for A1 insurance and 6000 for registration for the year from the dealer. They also kicked in a bed liner, camera and tinting for free. Good luck...

22 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Ranger.

Mine from 2013 have been very good.

Did Pattaya-Bkk-Pattaya yesterday, felt very comfortable doing about 125-130km/h on the tollways, cruise control engaged.

Bonus: By far the best looking truck in Thailand.

Ranger is the most expensive one? 

On 3/9/2019 at 7:14 PM, Tagged said:

Put my HD in the back of a 4 door Vigo no sweat

Mitsubishi is by far the best value truck. Toyota is the most dependable/reliable truck. Mazda is the best looking truck. Stick with Japanese build and you will be fine. I own a 2014 top model 4 door Triton automatic -- it has been absolutely wonderful; never missed a beat. If I replace it, I would look at Mitsu and Mazda, but I doubt that I could find a similarly equipped Mazda close enough in price to the Mitsu to push me in that direction. I wouldn't touch a Ford in Thailand -- there are so many better options with fewer headaches, unless you have your mind set on a bright color!

• 2 months later...

568 000,- for a new 2018 megacab, two months old, and soon 6000 km, I will say I got a decent car for the money. Nothing extraordinary, just a plain good car for allround use. If there is one thing, I am missing it is 4X4, and a bluethooth mediaplayer, but for that price I can live without for awhile until this care get traded in for a new. 

Anyone know the payload on this car? I cant figure it out, and my gf do not find it in the book either. I know the Australian Double cab is listed with 950 kg, but the megacab? 

Every car company has a website.

https://www.toyota.co.th/en/index.php

https://en.nissan.co.th/

https://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.th/en/

https://www.ford.co.th/en/#

https://en.chevrolet.co.th/

https://www.mazda.co.th/

https://www.isuzu.co.th/index.php

Don't listen to all the "my car is better than your car" crap,

Some pickups do this  better and not that as bood, others do That better but not this as good. All are just as good. 

I had a Chevy, Colorado, never had a problem with it in 5 years, biggest mistake I ever made selling it when I went back to the US for work. We said we will rent every time we come, to Thailand. As it turned out we came more than we thought and renting became expensive.So we bought a Mitsubishi Mirage, just to get around when there. Now retiring and Thinking about another Pick Up or SUV. Chevy has some good deals.

https://en.chevrolet.co.th/offers-and-finance/current-offers.html 

But I have no brand loyalty, I will buy what gives me the best value for my money.

Seat inside each one of them and see what tickles your fancy. 

Good luck and have fun.

Archived