BANGKOK 25 April 2019 07:07
Tagged

Best pickup by value and safety 2015 - 2019

Need a car we can use for a bit longer distance once and awhile. 

Any suggestions? 

Depends do you want a pickup or a car.

Any 4 door pickup if a car the biggest Camry or Teana etc or there's many SUV's.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Depends do you want a pickup or a car.

Any 4 door pickup if a car the biggest Camry or Teana etc or there's many SUV's.

Need an pickup we can transport things we need in the village and motorbikes as an example. So no car or suv. Pick up for a fair price and safety. Nothing extreme as Ford Ranger 1,8 mill, or an cheep Indian death trap. 

Im looking for your experience and opinions. I guess an two dor Toyota hillux revo rocco type would fit my budget and standard. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Im looking for your experience and opinions. I guess an two dor Toyota hillux revo rocco type would fit my budget and standard.

That would do fine, 2 door cab the cheapest and you can get smartcab and still get motorbikes in the back.  

• Like 1

Used to new car from year 2015 and up, and around 400 000,-  to 1 million, with less than 50000 km? 

Safety for driver and passenger is important, and also to have a car I should be comfortabel for long rides, to more rural short rides on country side roades to our land. 

On 3/8/2019 at 12:56 PM, Tagged said:

Need an pickup we can transport things we need in the village and motorbikes as an example. So no car or suv. Pick up for a fair price and safety. Nothing extreme as Ford Ranger 1,8 mill, or an cheep Indian death trap. 

My Isuzu is 4 years old and so far reliable. It does about 8 litres per 100 km. Much better on longer runs. Cab seemed roomier than Toyota when we searched around. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lagavulin1 said:

My Isuzu is 4 years old and so far reliable. It does about 8 litres per 100 km. Much better on longer runs. Cab seemed roomier than Toyota when we searched around. 

What model and year did you buy? 

Toyota revo E  prerunner 4 door automatic. 850K THB.

7 L/100 Km. Bought new 1 year ago. Great truck. No trouble at all-it's a Toyota! (Not exciting, just plain reliable).

• Like 1

Pickup safety is fairly moot. It depends on how the pickup is loaded. An empty pickup on a wet road can be just as lethal as an overloaded one.

I suppose the one with the most airbags and other options such as ABS, ESC, traction control etc. would be the best choice.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mejomini said:

Toyota revo E  prerunner 4 door automatic. 850K THB.

7 L/100 Km. Bought new 1 year ago. Great truck. No trouble at all-it's a Toyota! (Not exciting, just plain reliable).

How much you pay in insurance?

I think a two door fits my purpose best, since the two door have better space for a big bike transport. 

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I suppose the one with the most airbags and other options such as ABS, ESC, traction control etc. would be the best choice.

And which one is that? 

When I arrived here about 4 years ago I bought a Mitsubishi Triton 4x4 manual.

Its a good car. Its reliable but nothing special.

With hindsight I wouldn't bother with the 4x4. I have only used that in anger a couple of times.

Basically anything Japanese is going to be OK.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

we bought a nissan navara sportech last year, not the 4 wd though only 2 wd but it is top of the range & has all the extras, 900,000. I have a bad back and cant handle long drives normally but the seats are great, air con also through to the back seats for our daughter, great mileage as well, 7 speed auto with

manual if you want and its really nice to drive, also looks pretty good, pic is a 4 wd otherwise they are the same. We also got 3 years free service, just pay for oil/parts

sportech.jpg

Edited by seajae
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tagged said:

And which one is that? 

I don't know. Get on a website such as Zigwheels, should be able to research which options are available on the various new models. For secondhand, Google e.g. 2016 Toyota Hilux review.

Be aware options on models sold in Thailand are usually less than the same model exported.