Nongprue launches road-safety campaign

Rimmer

Nongprue launches road-safety campaign

image.png

PATTAYA:--Nongprue is campaigning for residents to drive safely and wear motorcycle helmets as the “dangerous days” of Songkran approach.

Mayor Mai Chaiyanit chaired a Feb. 28 meeting at the sub-district office to plan road-safety measures.

Nongprue will push a public-relations campaign to get 100 percent of motorbike riders to wear helmets.

The campaign will continue through Songkran, the deadliest time of year for Thailand’s already deadly roads.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-08-03--

It's that time of the year again when everyone gets serious about road safety EXCEPT the police who will rake in their overtime payments for staring at their phones.  I drive 45 minutes a day and observe at least 4 potential killers per journey.  The only time I see a cop is when there are 20 of them ambushing road users at 'check-points.'

I live in the above neighbourhood.

They could start with Soi Khao Noi between Soi 9 and the Wat Boonsampan, that would keep them busy till Songkran, I sit in bar along there sometimes and there are times when you cannot hear yourself think with the racket these bikes make. Most of the riders are young men who I doubt have licence to drive let alone the mental capacity to operate a machine

Archived