Teen girl killed in Najomtien hit-and-run

Rimmer

Teen girl killed in Najomtien hit-and-run

image.png

PATTAYA:--A teenage girl was killed and another 16-year-old injured  when their motorbike was smashed into by a passing car.

The unidentified victims had turned their Honda Scoopy onto Huay Yai Road from Jomtien Second Road on March 2 when a Ford Feta tried to overtake the motorbike, but hit it as it was trying to pass.

The 16-year-old girl died at the scene while the other 16-year-old was taken to a nearby hospital with severe injuries.

The Ford driver, meanwhile, left his mangled car at the scene and fled on foot.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-08-03--

If impact with a scooter caused that much damage to the front of the car it must have been being driven not just very quickly but with excessive speed.

Looking at the size of the road and the damage to the car - this is Manslaughter. 

That the driver fled the scene implies drugs or booze (or both). 

Its high time fleeing the scene be made illegal here and anyone who does is automatically charged the maximum sentence for fleeing (equivalent to DUI). 

The unidentified victims had turned their Honda Scoopy onto Huay Yai Road from Jomtien Second Road on March 2 when a Ford Feta tried to overtake the motorbike, but hit it as it was trying to pass.

Jomtien second road doesn't Join Huay Yai road..?
maybe they mean Chaiyaphrek road ?
There is always cars and trucks driving on the wrong side of that road to try and beat the sometimes loooooooong queue at the traffic light where it meets Sukhumvit...

Anyway one or other of them was going very fast to cause that much damage.

R.I.P

3 hours ago, Quack said:

What an absolute coward, driving like a madman then kills a child and runs away from the scene. Hopefully he'll get many years in jail, but somehow i doubt it...

It's part of the culture. We read of it happening over and over and over and over again. Should be an automatic jail sentence when (if) they are caught.

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

If impact with a scooter caused that much damage to the front of the car it must have been being driven not just very quickly but with excessive speed.

Looking at the size of the road and the damage to the car - this is Manslaughter. 

That the driver fled the scene implies drugs or booze (or both). 

Its high time fleeing the scene be made illegal here and anyone who does is automatically charged the maximum sentence for fleeing (equivalent to DUI). 

Well  did you tell these news already to the the General? 

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It's part of the culture. We read of it happening over and over and over and over again. Should be an automatic jail sentence when (if) they are caught.

Ford Feta..is this the greek Version of the Ford Fiesta?

4 hours ago, seahorse said:

I'm amazed at how many people think 16 year olds are children. 

I'm one. They are still very young and impressionable at that age ... I knew everything at 16, only to realise much later that I understood very little. That came with experience.

1 hour ago, sawadee1947 said:

I don't know the area, but turning from a side road into a main road is mostly risky for bikes. They don't care about any traffic and get into your lane easily. 

Maybe this attitude caused the accident 

When you drive in Thailand, and places like that, you learn that bikes can appear from nowhere, so you drive slowly and keep alert, if you are sensible. If you are not you drive at high speed and increase considerably the probability that you will kill someone. 

Fleeing the scene is indicative of having something to hide or evade... find them & hammer the hell out of them as they deserve!
I agree mostly....but there have been instances where the driver has been severely beaten even killed..after a fatal accident like this.

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

I'm one. They are still very young and impressionable at that age ... I knew everything at 16, only to realise much later that I understood very little. That came with experience.

They're minors, not children. Can't you see the difference? My 16 year old son would have felt incredibly insulted by your attitude. 

32 minutes ago, seahorse said:

They're minors, not children. Can't you see the difference? My 16 year old son would have felt incredibly insulted by your attitude. 

I would have felt like your 16 year old at the same age. And later after years of life experience I would recognise that I was wrong to feel that way. 

Driver fled on foot. Wow. I think, soon thai netizens(netizen, lol) are going to have a field day on this. Saying things like, oh yeah, thats true thainess.

On a side note, how did a scoopy manage to bang up that car so bad? Thats untold damage. Last time i have seen anything like that was when i closed the hood of my car after an argument with my girlfriend.

The driver is a murderer and must be locked up for 20 years.  

Unfortunately this is Thailand so I suspect a fine and paying 20k to the family will settle it. 

41 minutes ago, balo said:

The driver is a murderer and must be locked up for 20 years.  

Unfortunately this is Thailand so I suspect a fine and paying 20k to the family will settle it. 

Is 20 your lucky number or something?

Archived