Police converge on Pattaya Beach as show of force

Rimmer

Police converge on Pattaya Beach as show of force

image.png

PATTAYA:-- One wonders what Pattaya beachgoers might have been thinking when sixteen fully uniformed officers from two different police departments showed up and began randomly approaching tourists and vendors.

Tourist Police commander Pol. Lt. Col. Piyapong Ensarn and Pattaya Police inspector Pol. Lt. Col. Netithorn Rattanasuchanan led the parade of officers along the beachfront March 1, saying they were there to talk with tourists and locals about safety.

Piyapong said that since the completion of the Pattaya Beach rebuild, more visitors are coming to the beach and enjoying outdoor activities. He said that with summer approaching it was important to gain tourists’ trust.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-08-03--

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rimmer said:

police departments showed up and began randomly approaching tourists and vendors.

Next time 'approach' the taxi drivers that refuse to use the meter and the annoying touts selling suits.

Personally I would wonder about the sanity of anyone wandering around on the beach dressed like that in the midst of the current heat wave we are having. Don't get me wrong, I would like to see more of a police presence, maybe more suitably dressed like you see in Ca, and not simply helping to arrange the fine for a damaged jet-ski!

I bet this parade cause a few touts to scatter though!

30 minutes ago, DoctorG said:

Surprised they could find 16 officers with enough English/Russian/Chinese language skills to be able to converse with the tourists.

They only need to say You Pay Now

52 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Personally I would wonder about the sanity of anyone wandering around on the beach dressed like that in the midst of the current heat wave we are having. Don't get me wrong, I would like to see more of a police presence, maybe more suitably dressed like you see in Ca, and not simply helping to arrange the fine for a damaged jet-ski!

I bet this parade cause a few touts to scatter though!

The current heatwave? Are we in the same Pattaya? It’s been like 32 degrees most days .... 

1 minute ago, sandrew33 said:

The current heatwave? Are we in the same Pattaya? It’s been like 32 degrees most days .... 

Well I am a little more inland and it has been hotter, the sea is perhaps still cooling it in town proper. But it is pretty hot already for early March and predictions are for more of the same. 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Personally I would wonder about the sanity of anyone wandering around on the beach dressed like that in the midst of the current heat wave

I'd be more concerned about the mental condition of tourists who lies in the sun all day.

If Big Joke focused the police efforts to stop the setting of fires in the forests of Thailand (arson) and enforcing burn bans, then the air quality in Thailand would improve drastically.  Of course, this would mean pulling police away from intimidating tourists and spinning their wheels tracking down a handful of overstayers while the country burns. 

32 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well I am a little more inland and it has been hotter, the sea is perhaps still cooling it in town proper. But it is pretty hot already for early March and predictions are for more of the same. 

Try Udon at 40c,    it will get hotter by April at it's near dry time, just in time for the water festival when we are short of water.   amazing

1 minute ago, Lucius verus said:

Pattaya has a beach?

Pattaya now has one helluva Beach, I saw it once when I woke up there, wondered where the hell I was, it was too warm for Blackpool.

Archived