Police converge on Pattaya Beach as show of force

Rimmer

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Must have scared the hell out of an over-stayer or 2, thinking "Creest! they're coming for me!"

Didn't you read 'Big Joke" on TV? there are no over stayers in Thailand despite finding more and more every week. LOL

23 hours ago, Rimmer said:

He said that with summer approaching it was important to gain tourists’ trust.

Strange that as far as foreign tourists go high season is just finishing - irrespective of whether this is summer or winter to a Thai.

Perhaps they meant Thai tourists.............????

2 hours ago, neeray said:

And what about life guards who are prepared to enter the turd invested water? Or would one of Pattaya's finest swim out to make a rescue?

..why would you want to rescue a turd.

28 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Witnessed usual police action yesterday, carrying out a U Turn at a junction that was clearly marked 'No U Turn', needless to say 20 odd vehicles followed him.  Police in action. 

..it means..U no turn...we can turn.

1 minute ago, topt said:

Perhaps they meant Thai tourists.............

Yes most likely...lots of weekend visitors from Bangkok..I've started going further south towards Sattahip

( Nongnouch gardens,Cartoon Network waterpark area) on the weekends instead of going into Pattaya City

but still tons of weekenders clogging the roads ( me included obviously ????)

More than 40 years ago, when I was attending school, those days were always welcomed and appreciated by the naughty, lazy students:

Leave the classroom, not supposed to appear busy, go somewhere where you have never been before. Far away from duty and always someone around to take pictures. 

I'm sure the lazy boys enjoyed the walk on the beach. Rewarded with their pics in the press. Sad day today. Back to the boring routine of dosing behind their desks. 

2 hours ago, DoctorG said:

Surprised they could find 16 officers with enough English/Russian/Chinese language skills to be able to converse with the tourists.

“Me help you good” is universally understood. 

22 hours ago, HLover said:

Next time 'approach' the taxi drivers that refuse to use the meter and the annoying touts selling suits.

Nah! they can't do that!  Taxi-drivers have guns and are quite prepared to use them ????????

They could have been checking to see that the latest ridiculous rule was being obeyed. Vendors are no longer allowed to supply the plastic chairs, which I find are far more practical than the sunbeds when I want to sit and read on the beach.

A firearm can really help take care of person safety. Don’t have to pay it a wage or pension or wait 20 minutes for it to turn up when you’re in a spot of bother. Good for them, not for us though.

7 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Moan, moan, moan....no pleasing some people.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Call it feedback, with a hope at some distant future Pattaya will address the filthy dumps (Koh Lhan),  polluted sea.  so please posters keep moaning so it rings a bell with TAT who in turn tackle the problem with Pattaya City Council.

What a shame they are not on the roads, reducing the real issues of road deaths.  Every night, while driving to Ayutthaya, I see mad idiots speeding, weaving through traffic, no lights on vehicles and m/c's, no helmets, but not a policeman in sight.  Amazing Thailand.

1 hour ago, tandor said:

..it means..U no turn...we can turn.

A lot of U turns up my way say no u turn in English and have a   Little sign in Thai saying no u turn for vehicles with more than six wheels. Confused me a lot when I moved here until someone explained it to me.

3 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Jesus H ! Everyone here is terrified of the police, isn,t that enough for them ???

They are not afraid of the police.. they are afraid of the fake fines and other means that are used to collect money. 

Personally if they approached me.. i would show them my passport was up to date and tell them to leave me alone. Noone was such an intrusion into their holiday of relaxing. It's amazing noone makes a complaint of harassment.. not that it would do any good though except their getting asked to pay a fee to file the complaint

Archived