Police reveal new suspect in Chinese tourist tuk-tuk attack

webfact

Police reveal new suspect in Chinese tourist tuk-tuk attack

By Waranya Prompinpiras

1552028082_1-org.jpg

The four women ended up getting a taxi back to their rented villa in Cherng Talay. Photo: Sonpol Watsang

PHUKET: A police investigation has revealed that the tuk-tuk driver accused of attacking a Chinese tourist on Feb 27 was not the one who carried out the assault.

The investigation by Patong Police discovered that the assailant was, in fact, another tuk-tuk driver who became aware of the dispute in Cherng Talay.

Patong Police Chief Col Anothai Jindamanee told The Phuket News, “The Chinese female tourist who was assaulted did not come to Patong Police Station to file a complaint. She returned to China later the same morning.”

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/police-reveal-new-suspect-in-chinese-tourist-tuk-tuk-attack-70636.php#wmDUyb4D2oZO3BIG.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-03-08

Those involved in tourism (taxi/tuk-tuk drivers) and the like know that tourists return home allowing them to rob/terrorize tourists with relative impunity. Chinese tourists staying an average 4 days on package junkets they are usually well herded around but vulnerable when away from a group with the language barrier being an issue. Not sure how long this lady was here or if she was traveling independently or part of a tour but we all know the reputation of the Phuket tuk tuk mafia. Nothing will happen, no charges will be laid as the lady has left the country. 

23 hours ago, keith101 said:

Yet more Chinese to spread the word on Thailand .

6 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Should be of great comfort to them now knowing it was just a random deranged tuk tuk diver instead of the run of the mill one driving them????

Nothing going on North of Bangkok then to pique your interest instead of Phuket? i would have thought there was plenty up there to keep you amused.

I'm glad we are able to keep you mesmerised.

5 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

Nothing going on North of Bangkok then to pique your interest instead of Phuket? i would have thought there was plenty up there to keep you amused.

I'm glad we are able to keep you mesmerised.

There probably is some amusement north of Pattaya but the tide is out and the smog is down???? 

Archived