New Retirement procedure Jomtien Immigration (specifically)

banglay

Hello .

Just wondering if there is any feed back on  how Immigration   (Specifically Jomtien) is dealing with the new Retirement extension requirements ..I know is early days ..but it might be good to get first hand  experiences of the new procedure and what to expect .       Fore warned is fore armed ...

Please keep it as a point of reference to help people  who will be applying in the near future ....and not merely a thread to slag the new requirement ..we have to live with it and  moaning about it will not help anyone..

Right now, I'm most interested in the months needed seasoning your 800K deposit prior to renewing your existing Ret. Visa. Prior years it was 3 months, but I keep hearing chatter that it maybe adjusted to 2 months. My visa application date (which is what I've been told is the date used) is mid July. That gives me either mid April (3 months) or mid May (2 months) to transfer the monies involved. The USD is gaining a little traction lately and I would sure love to get a decent conversion rate.

The Pattaya City Expats Club has the following information related to Jomtien Immigration Office procedure forthose using 800k in a Thai bank:

Qualifying for extension based on 800,000 in Thai bank: Effective with initial application and renewals on or after March 1, 2019.The 800,000 must be on deposit for 2 months for retirement extension.1 This requirement has not changed. But effective March 1, the 800,000 must also be kept on deposit for an additional 3 months. After that, a minimum of 400,000 baht must remain on deposit in the account, thus if using this method, you should never let your account fall below 400,000. PLEASE NOTE: If at anytime the amount goes below the required amounts, even if only 1 baht, your application for extension will in all probability be denied.

A member who renewed his retirement extension on 6 March reports that he was required to sign a new document which included a copy of the Police Order 35/2562 followed by an acknowledgement that he was to return on 5 June 2019 to show his bank passbook to Immigration.

The footnote regarding funds be on deposit 2 months before the application date states the following:   The previous rule required that for renewals, the funds needed to be on deposit for 3 months. This has apparently changed with the new rules effective 1 March 2019.

The Police Order is shown on the document and now states 2 months, no longer mentioning 3 months before application for renewals.

About the police order to return in 3 months and show your bankbook. I've kept a million baht in the bank for the last 20 odd years just for the retirement visa with no movement of the money. I still work out of the country for about 6 months a year so might not be in country when the 3 month date rolls around. Does anyone know how strict they are on this and if it's just a formality--kind of like the TM 30 twenty four hours after entering? Obviously they'll be able to see the next time I apply that there has been no movement of the money.

More and more hoops to jump through!

I have looked for but not found a reoport on a new queuing system for retirement extensions which I remember reading a while ago.

Does anybody know if this is still in place - Ie if you turned up late morning or in the afternoon they would ask you to come back the next day or something similar?

11 hours ago, topt said:

I have looked for but not found a reoport on a new queuing system for retirement extensions which I remember reading a while ago.

Does anybody know if this is still in place - Ie if you turned up late morning or in the afternoon they would ask you to come back the next day or something similar?

My understanding is that it is based on volume of applicants. Last check indicated that they issue 200 queue tickets per day for counter number 8, the retirement visa counter. Some days, 200 is reached by 1pm.

4 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

My understanding is that it is based on volume of applicants. Last check indicated that they issue 200 queue tickets per day for counter number 8, the retirement visa counter. Some days, 200 is reached by 1pm.

So they have increased their workload by about 4000 hours a year by doing a 90 day check? 

On 3/8/2019 at 3:00 PM, banglay said:

not merely a thread to slag the new requirement ..we have to live with it and  moaning about it will not help anyone..

Good lord man! what are you trying to do? destroy the fabric - the body, soul & spirit of TVF, we bitch and moan like old women, that's what we do! you could destroy this great and illustrious forum with requests like this, without the constant bitching & moaning what would we do, advertisers will be gone without our constant winging, the forum will be no more! we would resort to being mere (paying) guests with no voice instead of a group of highly intelligent chaps who know everything about Thailand and given the chance would doubtless make a far better job of running the country than the current dictators. :shock1:

Man up & ignore the constant whinging like the rest of us ????

• 2 weeks later...

Just renewed my retirement extension yesterday, given a piece of paper telling me to come back on 18th June with bank book to show 800k still in account.  

I initially had to come back after 1pm as I was too late in the morning, they handed out a slip with a QR code along with the normal queue number.  On checking it out it showed me to have  a 2 hour 20 minute wait time after my return at 1pm with number 857 currently being served and my number being 864. This would have meant being served at around 3.30, fortunately I ignored that and was out just before 2pm.  They seem to be allowing 20 minutes per application but with 2 people handling the paperwork checking they get through it a lot quicker.

Still got to come back tomorrow to collect the passport.

4 hours ago, gmac said:

Just renewed my retirement extension yesterday, given a piece of paper telling me to come back on 18th June with bank book to show 800k still in account.  

I initially had to come back after 1pm as I was too late in the morning, they handed out a slip with a QR code along with the normal queue number.  On checking it out it showed me to have  a 2 hour 20 minute wait time after my return at 1pm with number 857 currently being served and my number being 864. This would have meant being served at around 3.30, fortunately I ignored that and was out just before 2pm.  They seem to be allowing 20 minutes per application but with 2 people handling the paperwork checking they get through it a lot quicker.

Anybody renewed prior to March 1st and done a first 90 day report since that date?.............just wondering if you were asked for proof of money in the bank when doing the 90 day report

12 hours ago, gmac said:

What time did U get there in the morning.....mines due next week and I,m wondering whether a morning or afternoon visit is best?

On another topic a friend of mine using a well established "Visa agent" here in Pattaya for his renewal last week paid the agent 14,000 baht.....how the hell do these people get round the rules...:whistling:

3 minutes ago, petermik said:

.how the hell do these people get round the rules...

Ink, ink, ink,.......STAMP.......sign, money in back arse pocket. Because "these people" are the ones who have the power to give extensions.

Just now, Albert Postlethwaite said:

So in a nutshell nowts changed then!

I think, from reports from people I know, that there was an interlude of a few weeks where everyone involved ducked behind the parapet but now it is all systems go again as many people on here predicted even when all the noobs were screaming about Big Joke and the "end of corruption". ????

3 hours ago, thaiflyer1 said:

Anybody renewed prior to March 1st and done a first 90 day report since that date?.............just wondering if you were asked for proof of money in the bank when doing the 90 day report

No , not asked in the beginning of March, in and out in 5 minutes.  

2 hours ago, Albert Postlethwaite said:

Very few people expected it to change,  lots of speculation about prices going up massively ,but at 14,000 looks like it's gone up by a 1000.    cheap stuff.

3 hours ago, petermik said:

What time did U get there in the morning.....mines due next week and I,m wondering whether a morning or afternoon visit is best?

I was there last Thursday about 11.45am for renewal of ext. based on retirement and rather abruptly told to come back at 1pm.

Got there about 1-15 - 1.30. Unlike @gmac was just given a no. (no slip with QR) and the no. was already up at desk no. 9 and I was done and dusted in less than 10 minutes. 

Friday afternoon when I went back to pick up my passport just after 2pm it was heaving however.

4 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Ink, ink, ink,.......STAMP.......sign, money in back arse pocket. Because "these people" are the ones who have the power to give extensions.

4 hours ago, Albert Postlethwaite said:

The head honcho in every immigration office has the authority to issue an extension irrespective of whatever is presented to him/her, so I would suspect that the agents are going straight to the top, getting that person to issue the visa extension and contributing a little towards the immigration officers Christmas party or pension fund.

So in a nutshell, nothing has changed by the looks of things, after all why would anyone want to put a stop to a fat bonus at the end of the year?

20 hours ago, gmac said:

Gmac.........is this 18th June requirement also doubling up as your 90 day report ..i.e did you have a different 90 day report date prior to extension which was changed to 18th June to coincide with showing your bankbook or are you having to now do your 90 day report on whatever date it was and a separate visit to Immigration to show your bankbook?

2 hours ago, thaiflyer1 said:

Gmac.........is this 18th June requirement also doubling up as your 90 day report ..i.e did you have a different 90 day report date prior to extension which was changed to 18th June to coincide with showing your bankbook or are you having to now do your 90 day report on whatever date it was and a separate visit to Immigration to show your bankbook?

Two separate visits.

17 hours ago, petermik said:

I got there about 11.15 after a bit of a hold-up in the bank getting my balance confirmation letter.  I used to reckon going in about 3.30 in the afternoon was the best time but as I now live 35 kilometres outside Pattaya I tend to come in the morning and accept the wait rather than risk a completely wasted trip if turned away if they happen to be too busy in the afternoon.

18 hours ago, Albert Postlethwaite said:

well they now contact you via Facebook and advertise 22000 baht to 24000 baht ,but you must have an non-imm-o visa and two photo's

For a retirement + extension of stay ''we deal with every Immigration Office everywhere in Thailand'' 

done in three days....ten messages in a month asking punters to enroll

so a big crackdown... I am not advertising this service, just keeping people

Aware of what is really going on. (Thai Visa Centre, Lite message.Facebook) 

I keep 800,000 in the bank ( foreign currency deposit account ) and don't touch it - just leave it there for my visa renewals.    I am due to renew my retirement visa 11th April and going back to Europe in May to maintain a house there I'm trying to sell.     With the said new requirement to return after 3 months to show monies are still there ,how on earth can I do that if I'm in Europe ??

I keep 800,000 in the bank ( foreign currency deposit account ) and don't touch it - just leave it there for my visa renewals.    I am due to renew my retirement visa 11th April and going back to Europe in May to maintain a house there I'm trying to sell.     With the said new requirement to return after 3 months to show monies are still there ,how on earth can I do that if I'm in Europe ??

You can't. Show up immediately after you arrive back if you received an order to show bank book in 90 days.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2019 at 5:38 PM, xylophone said:

The head honcho in every immigration office has the authority to issue an extension irrespective of whatever is presented to him/her, so I would suspect that the agents are going straight to the top, getting that person to issue the visa extension and contributing a little towards the immigration officers Christmas party or pension fund.

So in a nutshell, nothing has changed by the looks of things, after all why would anyone want to put a stop to a fat bonus at the end of the year?

You might have this the wrong way around. Did you not consider that the people in charge of this process are not the agents, but the "head honchos" (as you call them). The agents are merely recruiters. i.e. the recruiters work for the head "head honchos". IMO this is a much more likely.

What happens when the person who got their visa extension through an agent needs to show 800k/400k in his account at 90-day reporting.

5 hours ago, tropo said:

You might have this the wrong way around. Did you not consider that the people in charge of this process are not the agents, but the "head honchos" (as you call them). The agents are merely recruiters. i.e. the recruiters work for the head "head honchos". IMO this is a much more likely.

What happens when the person who got their visa extension through an agent needs to show 800k/400k in his account at 90-day reporting.

Only guessing but it will probably be another trip to the bank to put in 800/400k for half an hour and another payment to the agent?.........lets be right when you use an agent now for renewal the 800k is only in your account briefly, none of this 2-3 months carry on

.......the 90 day report and showing the bank book are 2 seperate visits i believe

Archived