UK Visa fees March 29th 2019 onwards

12 minutes ago, CeeGee said:

But,if you are in Thailand you have to pay in dollars still, so you are stuck with the dollar/pound conversion nonsense.So any small rise has to be added to any fall in the exchange rate. 

Are you stating a non Brit visiting the UK must pay in USD for a visitors visa?

What's the world coming to?

1 hour ago, thescot said:

In the UK you still have to pay in USD for the visa.

Not sure what you're saying.

You need to pay in USD in many countries if you're applying for a visa for the UK.

Obviously in the UK you wouldn't be applying for a visa, but if you're applying for other services from the UKVI, FLR for instance, in the UK then you pay in Sterling.

On 3/8/2019 at 5:42 PM, CeeGee said:

But,if you are in Thailand you have to pay in dollars still, so you are stuck with the dollar/pound conversion nonsense.So any small rise has to be added to any fall in the exchange rate. 

Exactly. This time last year it was 127 USD which came to £94.85 out of my account, a couple of weeks ago it was still 127 USD but cost me £101.23.

On 3/8/2019 at 5:50 PM, RichardColeman said:

I think if you have to argue about a 2 quid rise in the cost of a 6 month visitor visa then I doubt your financially stable enough to visit the UK 

That is hardly the point, the visa costs us about £5/day. How much is it to enter Thailand for less than 30 days.

The EU charge 60 Euros and they are the bad guys.

43 minutes ago, sandyf said:

That is hardly the point, the visa costs us about £5/day. How much is it to enter Thailand for less than 30 days.

The EU charge 60 Euros and they are the bad guys.

60 Euros for 90 days + proof of medical insurance. UK gives you 6 months, free emergency treatment. Higher price is justified.

????

On 3/10/2019 at 10:36 AM, Letseng said:

60 Euros for 90 days + proof of medical insurance. UK gives you 6 months, free emergency treatment. Higher price is justified.

????

You can always nitpick a generalisation, how does the EU respect the spouse of one of its citizens, better or worse than the UK?

On 3/10/2019 at 3:36 AM, Letseng said:

????

where does it say UK gives you free emergency treatment???... my wife is currently here on a visit visa and her emergency treatment cost over £300.

UK visas are blatant profiteering, verging on robbery

10 minutes ago, darren1971 said:

where does it say UK gives you free emergency treatment???... my wife is currently here on a visit visa and her emergency treatment cost over £300.

Initial emergency treatment in an A&E department is free, as is any initial treatment by a GP (if you can get an appointment!); everything else, including follow up treatment, is chargeable at 150% of cost.

I hope you had insurance for both of you; because entitlement to NHS treatment is based on residency, not nationality. So even British non residents visiting the UK are subject to the same charges.

The following is the guidance for NHS England, but the rules are the same in all parts of the UK. Visitors from outside the European Economic Area (EEA).

Note that as long as an EEA national visiting the UK, or a British national visiting another EEA member state, has an EHIC card they will be treated as a resident with regard to accessing state health services. At the moment, that is. Post Brexit? Depends on what deal, if any, is reached between the UK and EU.

’t be bothered

8 hours ago, darren1971 said:

A very good reason to buy travel insurance. My wife had a one year travel insurance policy with BUPA for until the NHS kicked in when she got FLR. It cost less than £100.

It's also not UKVI who is charging the money. I don't want my money to be spent on people from other countries who don't think it's necessary to buy travel insurance. I wouldn't dream of traveling to Thailand without it. Or any other country for that matter. To many people think it won't happen to them and when it does they try and crowd fund. ie. Hold out the begging bowl.

Archived