European alternatives to Thailand

seasia

9 hours ago, swissie said:

Absolutely correct. Cheap R/E available. (Young folks find no work, moving to "bigger cities".) Small villages in the process of "dying". Internet connections questionable.
- Must speak French, otherwise will be living as a hermit. Think twice!

I speak French and Spanish so it isn't a problem.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, elliss said:

Should  Britain leave  the EU,   would these free services be available ? .

I would re-frame the question:

Inmunoteraphy has been offered by the Italian heath care system for 15 years now. Countless people has been treated, some have been cured. 

Why this very valid therapy is not offered by the NHS, considering the epidemic dimensions of cancer nowadays?

Where  the money paid by taxpayers in England ends? ( I have paid 8 years of tax in the UK).

• 1 month later...

Hi

An interesting article on the Abruzzo region in Italy, somewhat overlooked.

Extract

"The romantic boot of Italy is known for its varied geography, with something for everyone’s taste from plentiful seacoast, inland hills speckled with dreamy medieval towns, and alpine peaks. If you love it all and just can’t decide which one is for you, in Abruzzo you don’t have to. It encompasses all of this, and more.

Abruzzo is in the center of Italy, with its western border a mere 31 miles from Rome. Long considered part of southern Italy politically and culturally, it enjoys a central location that is bordered by the Adriatic Sea on the east, Le Marche on the north, Lazio on the west, and Molise to the south. It is an expansive territory of closely held traditions, vast natural splendor, picturesque towns, and miles of seashore."

Full and long informative link.

https://internationalliving.com/countries/italy/abruzzo-italy/

Archived