Uncomfortable mattress solution?

cyril sneer

12 hours ago, Mukdahanman said:

Saw a whole family in their home yesterday, all sleeping comfortably on the tiled floor - there was an empty bed right next to them.

yeah same at my house...I got an expensive imported bed (very nice with no extra mattress covering) and everyone else sleeps on the tiled floor next to a bed in their rooms...the adults start off on the bed then gravitate to the floor and then the kids follow them and they end up in a dog pile...it's all about ghosts, yesee...beds are a western thing sorta like toilet paper...a falang intrusion...

my dearly beloved wife said once when we were in her daughter's room 'I'd like a bed in here...' 'what for? they'll end up sleeping on the floor anyway...' I believe that she thought of the bed in terms of a room decoration...

On 3/8/2019 at 2:35 AM, Sheryl said:

3,000 baht foam toppers -- are you missing a zero there? Or else just looking at what are really mattress covers - these will not help much if at all.

A decent foam topper doesn't come for under 10K

They make a big difference, though.

If you want cheaper you could try putting an inflatable air mattress on top of the mattress, those do come for around 1,000 (But makes having the other mattress rather pointless). I have one i take with me whenever traveling in Thailand because I find 95% of the beds in hotels here to be unbearably hard. Be sure to get one that comes with the manual pump.

https://www.lazada.co.th/shop-camping-air-mattresses/

With the air mattress you can adjust to the  degree of firmness you want.

Wow really? They are $100-200 in the States.

Break open that safe ,our wallet, and buy a latex mattress ( I sleep like  on a cloud now :thumbsup: ) , as I did that after a few month's of torture on those cheap Thai mattresses , who even are on those expensive condos placed for more profits..., remember 1/3 of your life you are sleeping ,don't let it affect your mental and body health !

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
52 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Latex Innovations

Other shops are selling the same for half the price

14 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

looked at their website before

13000 is a lot to spend on something which I don't know will work

Check Lazada, for example: https://www.lazada.co.th/shop/verza-latex/

Probably the same products, but you pay only half the price