Russian Murders: Sketch Released Of Gunman, Witness In Protection

george

post-27080-1172770660_thumb.jpg

Tatiana Tsimfer, 30, and Liubov Svirkova, 25, were found dead in their beach chairs at 5.30 am Saturday after being repeatedly shot by Anuchit Lamlert. His nickname is Nueng.

post-27080-1172770722_thumb.jpg

chief investigator Pol Lt General Assawin Khwanmueng asked Anuchit Lamlert's girlfriend. Nongruk Sudta claimed that Anuchit Lamlert kill both women.

post-27080-1172770761_thumb.jpg

Police are still looking for the murder weapon, a Chinese-made Norinco pistol, which Anuchit said he threw into a shrub-covered plot after shooting both victims.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SOURCE: Pattaya Daily News: March 1st 2007

Regardless of catching the killer I also agree that they may not have been killed at the beach, look at photo 1 - either Tatiana was sleeping with her head on her friends shoulder or she could not have been sitting up - if she was sitting up her right upper leg would have been on the wood frame of the chair, hardly a comfortable way to sit i'd say impossible

they both may have been drunk and sleeping, the robber ran up in 9 secs and just shot them sleeping and took nothing.

this whole thing is extremely weird

Edited by gharknes

By boat...even more odd.

His theory: the girls were killed elsewhere, put in a boat and put them nicely in some deckchairs.

Really?

not odd, it is the better way to move the bodies to the beach unnoticed

what is the alternative? to load the bodies on the back of a motorbike and drive them there in plain sight would be the most stupid thing to do

there should be bullet holes in the chairs, and they should be soaked in blood... but the chairs look oddly clean, makes no sense unless the bodies were planted there long after the bleeding had stopped

Edited by bgebhardt

they must have been shot at the beach coz someone heard gunshots...

The older girl was topless, and neither a bra or a bikini top was found on the scene... it is not logical for a woman of her age to walk topless from the hotel to the beach

The younger one was wearing a formal shirt and a panty, who goes to the beach wearing only underwear? very odd

in the video you can see how the shooter found the spot where the bodies were without hesitation, he just went there to fire shots in the air - for the record - and fled, it took him only 9 seconds to go from his motorbike to the set-up murder scene and back

Edited by bgebhardt

By boat...even more odd.

His theory: the girls were killed elsewhere, put in a boat and put them nicely in some deckchairs.

Really?

not odd, it is the better way to move the bodies to the beach unnoticed

If you know Jomtien beach you will know that it is a beach, kilometer after kilometer and quite narrow from the sea to the walkway and street. Many vendors of the chairs/parasols sleep there as well.

Anyone who knows Thailand a bit and the beach at nighttime, knows that there are ALWAYS (Thai) people, sitting, talking, sleeping somewhere, unnoticed in the dark.....

You will never get away with something as described in the theory of the Russian entrepreneur.

It's simply too risky and therefore odd and absurd.

If, just if, the girls were killed elsewhere, why would this person(s) take the risk of transporting them from the 'killing-scene' move them into a boat and than transport them to a 'risky' beach (with people)...and be kind enough to put them in the beach-chairs...? :o

LaoPo

If, just if, the girls were killed elsewhere

Do you really believe the women walked topless to the beach? if not then, where are their clothes?

.. and be kind enough to put them in the beach-chairs.

A 9mm slug fired at close range goes right your body, but the sand under the chair is strangely clean of blood, and the chairs free of bullet holes. How do you explain that if the girls were shot while sitting on them?

Edited by bgebhardt

Do you really believe the women walked topless to the beach? if not then, where are their clothes?

I didn't plan to speculate and I won't either. I read the letter from the russian entrepreneur and found that he was speculating, not knowing the local circumstances.

I have no answer to your question but they could have walked from their hotel with towels to beach, minimally dressed. The nights are warm this time of year.

But that's it, I won't go any further, speculating. I leave the investigation to the Police.

LaoPo

I read the letter from the russian entrepreneur and found that he was speculating, not knowing the local circumstances.

Of course, but he poses very valid and interest questions, the pics published in the news are very good.

To me, the whole beach set-up looked unnatural for a crime scene from the first time I saw the pics.

Regardless of catching the killer I also agree that they may not have been killed at the beach, look at photo 1 - either Tatiana was sleeping with her head on her friends shoulder or she could not have been sitting up - if she was sitting up her right upper leg would have been on the wood frame of the chair, hardly a comfortable way to sit i'd say impossible

they both may have been drunk and sleeping, the robber ran up in 9 secs and just shot them sleeping and took nothing.

post-27080-1172782035_thumb.jpg

post-27080-1172782043_thumb.jpg

post-27080-1172782048_thumb.jpg

post-27080-1172782056_thumb.jpg

post-27080-1172782065_thumb.jpg

post-27080-1172782073_thumb.jpg

post-27080-1172782081_thumb.jpg

post-27080-1172782088_thumb.jpg

post-27080-1172782096_thumb.jpg

post-27080-1172782103_thumb.jpg

Good work Thai Police !!

This would be a great way for the Thailand police to show they are up with the rest of the world.

What was in the bag they had with them on the beach and what about the security guard had seen them going to the beach and they was also at a store at the beach just before. Were they wearing gold necklaces that may be missing now. No where has the police said 10 bullet holes except one report

I believe was by the reckless pattaya daily news or one of them that seems to get much different info from same meeting as Pattaya city news.

If you shot someone several times in a open beach would you hang around to steal the phone.

Maybe they had a pocket book in their bag and a thief grabbed that after shooting them.

Still looks like it was not a robbery but then again a few weeks before in the same area a girl was shot in the stomach when she resisted having her hand bag stolen. No one was caught and could be the same shooter. The other one was shot and nothing taken could be same with this one.

they must have been shot at the beach coz someone heard gunshots...

The older girl was topless, and neither a bra or a bikini top was found on the scene... it is not logical for a woman of her age to walk topless from the hotel to the beach

The younger one was wearing a formal shirt and a panty, who goes to the beach wearing only underwear? very odd

in the video you can see how the shooter found the spot where the bodies were without hesitation, he just went there to fire shots in the air - for the record - and fled, it took him only 9 seconds to go from his motorbike to the set-up murder scene and back

Where do you get topless?

It looked to me she had a top on that had been opened probably by police looking for wounds.

Were you there?

If not you can not tell any sequence or timings from those photo's

OK, this murder appears to have been solved - at least as far as apprehending the shooter goes.

Now let us list the number of murders of Brits, other Europeans, Americans, Aussies and Kiwis in Thailand over the past year. And list the solve rate.

And list the ones that made international news.

The Russians are obviously "Most Favoured Nation" as far as the Thai authorities are concerned.

Like many others I am doubtful in the extreme of the true facts of this case.

The Bankok Post reports it as a botched robbery. So the guy sticks a gun in his belt and rides his motorbike along Jomtien beach looking for victims. Just how many victims is he likely to encounter at 5am? Okay, he stumbles on the pair but how he saw them from his bike on the road beats me. Why would he ride down the road looking across to the beach? So then he approaches them and demands their valuables. They scream for help, as reported in the B.P., and he panics and shoots both of them a number of times before leaving the scene without even grabbing the mobile phone. The security guard hears the shots but doesn't report hearing any screams. The CCTV footage of his departure is enough to ientify him but where was the footage showing the girls arriving?

But the thing that disturbs me is that the alledged murderer is a local petty thief out on bail on charges of snatch theft. So, in a short time, he has gone from petty snatch thief to gun toting hardened criminal. That's a pretty large leap up in the world, not impossible but dubious. Then on, presumably, his first job he panics and shoots the intended victims but doesn't panic enough to p1ss off to Bangkok or further for a month or two. No, he strolls off up the road only as far as Sriracha where he shacks up with his gf after telling her he has just shot two people. :o

The only facts in the public domain are that two young girls are shot dead. RIP. :D

.. and be kind enough to put them in the beach-chairs.
A 9mm slug fired at close range goes right your body, but the sand under the chair is strangely clean of blood, and the chairs free of bullet holes. How do you explain that if the girls were shot while sitting on them?

you will not get a wide spread of blood in sand, it will be absorbed in a small spot and sink into the sand, also you don't always get massive bleeding from gunshot wounds it depends on what the bullet strikes near the surface of the entry or exit point, hitting a vien or artery deep in the body will bleed inside the body, an arm or leg is more likely to bleed than the abdomen. So not all your theories are correct, as for taking belongings well I don't see and bags or purses around only a mobile phone, I do however think there is something not right about this whole thing, I cannot believe anyone would run onto the beach shoot 2 sleeping girls and run of with or without belongings, I say sleeping because the girl in the left chair with her head on her friends shoulder was shot in this position (if shot on beach)

post-27080-1172782081_thumb.jpg

post-27080-1172782088_thumb.jpg

post-27080-1172782096_thumb.jpg

post-27080-1172782103_thumb.jpg

Good work Thai Police !!

This would be a great way for the Thailand police to show they are up with the rest of the world.

how come the camera is following him ? also if these cameras are up high on a poll the angle doesn't seem right

As of 9:30 this morning the story going around South Pattaya (Thais not Foreigners) is that it was 100% a paid hit, the alleged gunman was arrested at 3 pm and it was made public at 7 pm…Bangkok post etc must have been told earlier for it to be in today’s edition?

The truth may never fully come out…as sadly is the norm here

Edited by terryp

As of 9:30 this morning the story going around South Pattaya (Thais not Foreigners) is that it was 100% a paid hit, the alleged gunman was arrested at 3 am and it was made public at 7 am…Bangkok post etc must have been told earlier for it to be in today’s edition?

I read about the confession last night (Thursday)about 11PM in the Nation's online news site. I think the arrest was reportedly made about 10PM as I recall.

I still wonder who bought the girls the tickets to come from Russia to Pattaya. If it is the 40 year old European guy, the wife might have had some reason to be suspicious about their relationship.

As of 9:30 this morning the story going around South Pattaya (Thais not Foreigners) is that it was 100% a paid hit, the alleged gunman was arrested at 3 pm and it was made public at 7 pm…Bangkok post etc must have been told earlier for it to be in today’s edition?

To me the theory by the copper that the Russian guy's Thai wife paid for the hit as her husband had been messing around with these girls including a 3 day trip to Ayyuthuya sounds plausible.

The last straw might have been these girls visit to the office where the Thai wife was

The Russian guy also say's he never went to police for fear of his family?

Fear of what?

Whatever - looks like the girls were not hookers - party girls but not what all were trying to say ie refuseniks after they got there etc

Sorry I put am should have been pm....(Heineken last night to blame)

Another odd thing the gun was given (paid) someone in Chonburi to dispose of it ??? Not thrown away in a building site or bushes

Edited by terryp

Like many others I am doubtful in the extreme of the true facts of this case.

The Bankok Post reports it as a botched robbery. So the guy sticks a gun in his belt and rides his motorbike along Jomtien beach looking for victims. Just how many victims is he likely to encounter at 5am? Okay, he stumbles on the pair but how he saw them from his bike on the road beats me. Why would he ride down the road looking across to the beach? So then he approaches them and demands their valuables. They scream for help, as reported in the B.P., and he panics and shoots both of them a number of times before leaving the scene without even grabbing the mobile phone. The security guard hears the shots but doesn't report hearing any screams. The CCTV footage of his departure is enough to ientify him but where was the footage showing the girls arriving?

But the thing that disturbs me is that the alledged murderer is a local petty thief out on bail on charges of snatch theft. So, in a short time, he has gone from petty snatch thief to gun toting hardened criminal. That's a pretty large leap up in the world, not impossible but dubious. Then on, presumably, his first job he panics and shoots the intended victims but doesn't panic enough to p1ss off to Bangkok or further for a month or two. No, he strolls off up the road only as far as Sriracha where he shacks up with his gf after telling her he has just shot two people. :o

The only facts in the public domain are that two young girls are shot dead. RIP. :D

Was there not a Russian women shot in the stomach recently during a robbery and the guy never caught.

It's a big leap but maybe they should check the bullets from each?

To me the theory by the copper that the Russian guy's Thai wife paid for the hit as her husband had been messing around with these girls including a 3 day trip to Ayyuthuya sounds plausible.

The last straw might have been these girls visit to the office where the Thai wife was

The Russian guy also say's he never went to police for fear of his family?

Fear of what?

Whatever - looks like the girls were not hookers - party girls but not what all were trying to say ie refuseniks after they got there etc

Most of you have got it all wrong. The above story is about the closest yet. Im sure you will all find out in due time. Im also sure these lounge chair Detective's on TV will continue with their dribble.

Cheers Tony :o