Patong Police chief creates LINE group with locals to monitor tourist road users

snoop1130

Patong Police chief creates LINE group with locals to monitor tourist road users

By Waranya Prompinpiras

1552042855_1-org.jpg

Police set up checkpoints around Malin Plaza in Patong to catch tourists that were disruptive or not following road laws. Photo: Patong Police

PHUKET:-- Patong Police have urged Patong locals to report any disruptive behaviour in the area after locals complained about tourists on motorbikes riding fast and making loud noises at night near Malin Plaza in Patong.

Patong Police Chief Col Anotai Jindamanee told The Phuket News, “At around midnight on Wednesday (Mar 6) I took a group of police officers to monitor the area around Malin Plaza following complaints by locals about a group of tourists riding motorbikes fast and making loud noises.

“We didn’t find anyone acting in this way on the road, however, we found a group of foreigners drinking together at a bar around Malin Plaza so we told them not to make noise when riding away on their motorbikes,” Col Anotai said.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/patong-police-chief-creates-line-group-with-locals-to-monitor-tourist-road-users-70640.php#GkCMU5GRFUlUzhDs.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-03-08

3 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

“We didn’t find anyone acting in this way on the road, however, we found a group of foreigners drinking together at a bar around Malin Plaza so we told them not to make noise when riding away on their motorbikes,” Col Anotai said.

Yes i bet they changed the exhaust pipes of their rented bikes...those pesky tourists. A longtailboat would never do that.

I have always taken opinions suggesting that Thais have a grudge against foreigners with a pinch of salt.

However, this is blatant and unwarranted targeting of foreigners.

The problem of bikes with "modified" exhausts, riding round town centres at night , pulling wheelies and generally riding like maniacs, disregarding the danger to themselves and others, is by far and away, primarily down to Thais.

Blatant racism. Get your own house in order first.

9 minutes ago, Youlike said:

Yes i bet they changed the exhaust pipes of their rented bikes...those pesky tourists. A longtailboat would never do that.

The first thing I do when I rent a bike is make sure It has bold tyres and then I change the exhust Nd make real sure it has no rear brakes

24 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

what an idiot, why the hell would a TOURIST modify a rental bike, he is only here for about a month at most, i bet the culprits are Thais ,

This you will loose. The culprits are french arab suckers on bigger bikes who drive like total maniacs.

This banlieu elements should be kicked out of country.

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Didn't tell them not to ride away when they were pissed up then?

Where I am, there are numerous lunatic speeding bike riders around, mostly with no helmet, mirrors or a functioning exhaust muffler. Every single one a local, mostly under 20. Do the cops care? Nope! If a farang goes even a little way down that road though, the whole station gets mobilised to thrown them in jail to make an example of them. The only example it shows though of course, is one of blatant racism.

If you are going to address the problem, excellent, do it. Don't make out though, that the lions share of the blame lies where it absolutely does not.

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

we found a group of foreigners drinking together at a bar around Malin Plaza so we told them not to make noise when riding away on their motorbikes,” Col Anotai said.

So, it's bad to make noise, but ok to drive after drinking?

Another proof of rascism and xenophobia towards tourists instead of catching the criminally insane Thais who cause all kinds of misdeminor, accidents and death on the roads..

Shame on you ! I hope tourist will avoid Thailand altoghether, this kind of unfair behaviour from the police who are biased towards their own people not matter the crime ☹️

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

We didn’t find anyone acting in this way on the road, however, we found a group of foreigners drinking together at a bar

MY GOD !!!! What an absolute disgrace, a group of foreigners drinking together at a bar, whatever will these ignorant uneducated Farangs do next. 

On 3/8/2019 at 9:21 PM, mercman24 said:

what an idiot, why the hell would a TOURIST modify a rental bike, he is only here for about a month at most, i bet the culprits are Thais ,

To be fair there are a few expats with loud bikes.

Archived