Baby of Islamic State teenager in UK furore dies - group

rooster59

Baby of Islamic State teenager in UK furore dies - group

800x800 (1).jpg

FILE PHOTO: Renu Begum, sister of teenage British girl Shamima Begum, holds a photo of her sister as she makes an appeal for her to return home at Scotland Yard, in London, Britain February 22, 2015. REUTERS/Laura Lean/Pool/File Photo

DEIR AL-ZOR, Syria (Reuters) - The baby of Shamima Begum, a teenager who left London to join the Islamic State group in Syria, has died, a spokesman for the U.S.-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) said on Friday.

Begum, whose two older children had also previously died, was stripped of her British citizenship last month on security grounds after she was discovered in a detention camp in Syria.

The 19-year-old left London to join IS when she was 15. She had sought to return to Europe with her third child, who was born just over three weeks ago.

SDF spokesman Mustafa Bali said the child had died. Shamima has said in media interviews her baby son was called Jarrah.

Begum married Yago Riedijk, a Dutch fighter for IS who surrendered to Syrian fighters and was being held in a Kurdish detention centre in northeastern Syria.

The family's lawyer said earlier on Friday there were strong but as yet unconfirmed reports that Begum's infant son had died.

The fate of Begum has illustrated the ethical, legal and security conundrum that governments face when dealing with the families of militants who swore to destroy the West.

The U.S-backed SDF is now trying to take Islamic State's last, small patch of ground in eastern Syria. They have slowed their offensive on the jihadist enclave at Baghouz near the Iraqi border to allow many thousands of people to pour out in an exodus that has lasted weeks.

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-03-09

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the father is a terrorist and the mother terrorist supporter, what kind of education would they give their kid? and why the UK or any other sain country will aid in caring for the sons and daughters of would be future terrorists?...

18 minutes ago, ezzra said:

If the father is a terrorist and the mother terrorist supporter, what kind of education would they give their kid? and why the UK or any other sain country will aid in caring for the sons and daughters of would be future terrorists?...

Whatever you think of his parents, and my opinion of them is as low as you can get, the baby was an innocent.

I feel for the baby who had no choice in parents or environment.

A 15 year old was not old enough to make a decision to join a terrorist organization...become a child bride...and the mother of children...granted that is just what she did...why didn't someone stop her?

Normally, I would think she deserves another chance...I fear her indoctrination into terrorists hate of all things western...disqualifies her from ever entering civil society again...

10 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

That's three dead babies so far for this terrorist who went along with be headings, burning people alive and mass rape, maybe karma is real after all?

Its too bad she has not met the same fate.

5 minutes ago, monkeycu said:

Its too bad she has not met the same fate.

Well she is still in Syria in a camp. It's a long way from Tower Hamlets. There were reports of her having received threats from other ISIS "wives" due to (oh the irony!) not adhering properly to sharia when she showed her face on interviews. She is not out of the woods yet.

5 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Well she is still in Syria in a camp. It's a long way from Tower Hamlets. There were reports of her having received threats from other ISIS "wives" due to (oh the irony!) not adhering properly to sharia when she showed her face on interviews. She is not out of the woods yet.

Reports of threats could well have been made up to gain sympathy for her case, ooh look the poor little innocent who did not know what she was getting into is being threatened by the real Isis supporters etc. Now the latest baby is dead she has no case at all for being allowed to return, none of them have.

This female IS a supporter of a group that murder captives in horrifying ways including burning a man alive.

Now they have been captured we are supposed to treat them as human beings !!! WHY ?.

When you play games there are rules, seems like only one side read them.

As a father of Daughters I can understand the pleas from her family but she has given up all rights to life in any civilised society, please disappear quietly.

57 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Reports of threats could well have been made up to gain sympathy for her case, ooh look the poor little innocent who did not know what she was getting into is being threatened by the real Isis supporters etc. Now the latest baby is dead she has no case at all for being allowed to return, none of them have.

except for the tiny matter of international law.

Whatever you think of his parents, and my opinion of them is as low as you can get, the baby was an innocent.
For now he was, given his name one can only imagine what he'd have been.

Sent from my SMART 4G GEN C 5.0 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Remind me again. What was the excuse she was using for being allowed to return to the UK?

She was sorry, willing to wai, pay a fine as long as she and the kid and her 3rd husband were allowed into the UK. Not even gonna collect more than allowed in benefits. 

2 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Nonsense. According to International law, she's a citizen of the UK. She has every right to return. And if she's committed any crimes. the UK has a perfect right to institute legal proceedings against her.

1 minute ago, Orton Rd said:

The UK is a sovereign state again, almost. We have the right to strip terrorist traitors of their citizenship, and have done, International law can say what it likes.

Not even the UK government agrees with you. It claimed justification on the grounds that she has dual citizenship. Bangladesh said this assertion was false. The only grounds I see in your argument, if you want to dignify the claptrap you are spouting as such, are vengefulness and spite.

3 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

That's three dead babies so far for this terrorist who went along with be headings, burning people alive and mass rape, maybe karma is real after all?

Karma is bs perpetuated by the privileged few to keep the ignorant masses in their place at the bottom of the pile.

These three are the only innocents in the whole sorry affair and died because they were unable to get suitable medical care in a war zone.

No country wants her, not even Bangladesh which presumably she has dual citizenship, yet it's fairly obvious that the UK will eventually have to take her in.

She will either go to jail, highly unlikely considering the UK soft attitude to "refugees" or more likely she will be set up in free accommodation with free medical and dental plus a spending allowance and so be set for the rest of her life.

All of which is more than any returning pensioner would ever hope to get. :sad:

She abandoned her country to join an enemy of her country she should be classified as a traitor and dealt with accordingly. :1zgarz5:

2 hours ago, bristolboy said:

except for the tiny matter of international law.

Please show me one time ISIS, or any other terrorist organisation or individual has abided by "International Law" .

International Law is a tool they wheel out to use when it is in their favour to do so, and soft hearted people in the west allow them to because it is...........now, what is that saying so commonly used..........hmmmm...........oh yes, I have it...it is within their Human Rights......:bah:

p.s. 

With regards to Shamima Begum's babies dying at an early age, including her latest one, I have a one word message for her that should explain everything to her in such a way that she will fully understand..................Inshallah............

2 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Don't remember Isis abiding by even one international law

Isis is more of a religouse group or political entity, not really recognized as legitimate by international standards or international law

IS members should be prosecuted locally for crimes committed in that jurisdiction, or be deported to their home nation to be dealt with there, if the recipient nation has the will to do so.

5 hours ago, JAG said:

Agree entirely, but what 'should' have been the 'right' course of action to protect the innocent baby?

Genuine question, as I've no idea.

1 hour ago, Beachcomber said:

No country wants her, not even Bangladesh which presumably she has dual citizenship, yet it's fairly obvious that the UK will eventually have to take her in.

She will either go to jail, highly unlikely considering the UK soft attitude to "refugees" or more likely she will be set up in free accommodation with free medical and dental plus a spending allowance and so be set for the rest of her life.

All of which is more than any returning pensioner would ever hope to get. :sad:

She abandoned her country to join an enemy of her country she should be classified as a traitor and dealt with accordingly. :1zgarz5:

"not even Bangladesh which presumably she has dual citizenship"

A convenient, if false presumption. And if she has violated UK laws then on her return she should be tried.

Archived