Baby of Islamic State teenager in UK furore dies - group

rooster59

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Stated where? Not in any reputable media that I have seen.

She was born in the UK. She did not come there from anywhere else.

Both her parents have Bangladeshi citizenship. They acquired UK citizenship after coming ot the UK. She was born with it.

It was quoted on the BBC when the story first broke, I have not seen or heard any retraction and like many of the facts that woman has said have changed when it suits her, obviously their should be documents to prove one way or another.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

I think it's a sign of the advanced age of the poster that he or she thinks it's still possible to get away with this kind of statement. Before the Internet and Google, certainly. But now?

I saw the same interview on sky or bbc where the interviewed man who i understood to be her father said she didnt arrive in the UK until she was 3.

This was shortly after the story broke of her being found in the camp. The news quickly changed when it looked like she wasnt welcome back in the UK.

7 hours ago, Basil B said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47506145

Ms Abbott shooting Labour in the foot again...

Did not this start with a stupid girl steeling her sisters passport and running away from home to join the ISIS?

Before her nationality was revoked did she not do a number of media interviews basically glorying the ISIS? including stating how she went to a bin to hold up a decapitated head (and probably spat on it), I am sure the person to whom the head belonged is not sorry for her.

Were not her parents going to the press stating the the UK Government should go out there and rescue her? putting consulate employees at risk and giving her a free ride home.  

Does Ms Abbott really think attacking the government on this issue is really going to get Labour more support???

Diane Abbott is dreadful. She's been kept well away from the Brexit shenanigans. Here she is destroying Labour even further if that's possible.

This is just one of those awful topics. 
I listened to her interview, and I guess previous babies had died too. There are/were totally innocent in all of this horror.
But in her interview it was all so without emotion. 
Talking about her dead babies, seeing severed heads in bins, and it seems no remorse for what these savages did. 
I would struggle to have any sympathy for this woman
I don't even believe she's had 3 babies.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

32 minutes ago, roo860 said:

I don't even believe she's had 3 babies.

Am I alone in noting the timing of this unfortunate affair (if it happened as presented) coinciding with intl womens day and that the foreign sec has also gone into bat for the Radcliffe woman in Iran?

She ran away to join Daesh in Syria. She married days after she arrived aged 15. ( : “ It was her own choice; she was the one who asked to look for a partner for her. “Then I was invited and, yeah, she was very young and it might have been better for her to wait a bit, but she didn’t — she chose to get married and I chose to marry her.”

Had the situation been different for Daesh and her children, she now would be raising at least 3 future djihadists, that was her mission.

So now that things turn out differently than expected she's fighting for her rights as UK citizen … it's a joke. 

Well, for a woman to lose 3 children in succession, suggests she wasn't much of a mother. Reality is even if it had been decided the baby could be repatriated, it would have probably died before travel documents could be issued and travel arrangements made anyway. Of course if a British woman had a baby in Thailand and was detained (at say IDC) would the British embassy have done much to get the child repatriated? Someone has to pay for that first. As for adults we are allowed to rot away if you have no-one to pay for you, until the Thais eventually deport you.

As for the mother, unrepentant about her decision to join ISIS, she would be a security risk for years if not for life. Surveillance cost - millions. I do agree with Malaga Teddy, if such people are repatriated they should be banished to some island - preferably far away, like South Georgia, or better still the south Sandwich islands - they can hunt seals and penguins, so will not starve if they apply themselves.....

13 hours ago, PJPom said:

This female IS a supporter of a group that murder captives in horrifying ways including burning a man alive.

Now they have been captured we are supposed to treat them as human beings !!! WHY ?.

When you play games there are rules, seems like only one side read them.

As a father of Daughters I can understand the pleas from her family but she has given up all rights to life in any civilised society, please disappear quietly.

When there is danger in the field I agree fight fire with fire. However when people are captured or in camps there is no advantage to becoming the evil we fight. It is counterproductive as then it is used against us to indoctrinate others to fight us. 

Seems her farther spends most of his time in Bangladesh with his second wife so I see no problem in her living there. 

Shamima Begum's father has apologised to the British public for his daughter's decision to join the Islamic State group (IS).

Ahmed Ali said Ms Begum, who travelled from London to Syria aged 15, had "done wrong without realising it".

Mr Ali spoke to the BBC in a village in north-eastern Bangladesh before he found out Ms Begum's baby son had died.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47508468

15 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

This is just one of those awful topics. 

I listened to her interview, and I guess previous babies had died too. There are/were totally innocent in all of this horror.

But in her interview it was all so without emotion. 

Talking about her dead babies, seeing severed heads in bins, and it seems no remorse for what these savages did. 

I would struggle to have any sympathy for this woman

I dont struggle with having no sympathy for this woman and her ilk,  I loath what she is, who she is and what she stands for. 

21 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

No. It would have been trained and groomed to murder like its parents.

That is very possibly what the future may have held. During it's short life it was an innocent.

There has been a great deal of discussion in the UK press and its' comment forums on what to do about these young women and their children. One suggestion I have seen, which seems to me to be rather sensible, is that they should be returned, as "Wards of Court" and raised, either by foster parents or been their extended families, under the strict supervision that implies.

As for the mothers, I really don't know. What however I am quite sure of is that the main difference between our society, civilisation, and that espoused  by ISIS, is that ours is capable of showing mercy. I don't mean by that they should not be held accountable for what they may have done.

20 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Grandparents, who are UK citizens and against whom there is nothing, were willing and able to take care of the baby.

Baby should have been brought to the UK IMO, assuming the mother was prepared to relinquish custody to allow that.  The grandparents have every reason to be upset.

The mother's situation is more complex as not clear if she has other nationality and thus could legally be stripped of UK nationality. From what I read, likely not. Being eligible to apply for another nationality is not the same things and holding another nationality and it is against international law to strip someone of their nationality unless they have nationality elsewhere.  And odds are good that any country she might apply to for nationality would deny her (I think Bangladesh has more or less stated they would) for the exact same reason that UK does not want her back.

Countries are playing a game of hot potato over these people. In the end, some country is going to have to deal with each of them and it is likely to be one whose nationality they already held, not one they newly apply to for nationality which almost surely turns them down. Understandable no country wants this, but it is a reality...these camps can't be maintained forever nor is it wise to try in terms of security in that region. 

Surely she has broken a number of laws and can be prosecuted accordingly.

Those grandparents brought up a daughter who had no problem seeing heads in the bin (because they were enemies).....????

Why would anyone believe that they would have been good 'parents' for their grandchild?

Sorry Jag..but I must disagree with you.
Yes the babies are innocents..let them be adopted in a muslim country by muslims..far away from the UK.
But no mercy whatsoever to be shown to male/female isis personnel.
Round every last one up and give them to Assad..they committed their horrible acts on Syrian soil.
If I was the UK Prime Minister..I'd be wanting to pass a Patriot Act thro parliament.

That is very possibly what the future may have held. During it's short life it was an innocent.

There has been a great deal of discussion in the UK press and its' comment forums on what to do about these young women and their children. One suggestion I have seen, which seems to me to be rather sensible, is that they should be returned, as "Wards of Court" and raised, either by foster parents or been their extended families, under the strict supervision that implies.

As for the mothers, I really don't know. What however I am quite sure of is that the main difference between our society, civilisation, and that espoused  by ISIS, is that ours is capable of showing mercy. I don't mean by that they should not be held accountable for what they may have done.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Personally speaking..I hope that all the isis/she isis receive their just deserts..why not hand the lot if them over to Assad's forces and be done with it??

UK does not 'hand over' anyone to a country having the death penalty for the accused. In anycase Assad is a mass murderer, torturer and in the past has aided islamists/terrorists himself. Assad should face justice, plus his UK born wife, though sadly highly unlikely to occur.

13 hours ago, rickudon said:

Well, for a woman to lose 3 children in succession, suggests she wasn't much of a mother. Reality is even if it had been decided the baby could be repatriated, it would have probably died before travel documents could be issued and travel arrangements made anyway. Of course if a British woman had a baby in Thailand and was detained (at say IDC) would the British embassy have done much to get the child repatriated? Someone has to pay for that first. As for adults we are allowed to rot away if you have no-one to pay for you, until the Thais eventually deport you.

As for the mother, unrepentant about her decision to join ISIS, she would be a security risk for years if not for life. Surveillance cost - millions. I do agree with Malaga Teddy, if such people are repatriated they should be banished to some island - preferably far away, like South Georgia, or better still the south Sandwich islands - they can hunt seals and penguins, so will not starve if they apply themselves.....

She used her baby as a bargaining chip to get her way back to the UK.

She said she would'nt allow her baby to be taken to the UK without her.

She made the decision.

So she bears all responsibilities for the outcome. 

2 hours ago, JAG said:

- Sky's press preview made interesting viewing this morning.

- Here's a similar case for comparison involving a non-terrorist who was miles from home (note: No rescue from HMG & silence from the likes of Abbot!)

The UK and other countries are NOT handing over anyone to Assad..they ARE ALREADY IN SYRIA..having POW status after burning people alive..beheading people after torturing them etc etc.
Sorry..I'm an eye for an eye man.
When I played Amateur footie many moons ago..if someone kicked me, I kicked them back.
Don't get mad..get even.
Cheers

UK does not 'hand over' anyone to a country having the death penalty for the accused. In anycase Assad is a mass murderer, torturer and in the past has aided islamists/terrorists himself. Assad should face justice, plus his UK born wife, though sadly highly unlikely to occur.

14 minutes ago, Opl said:

She used her baby as a bargaining chip to get her way back to the UK.

She said she would'nt allow her baby to be taken to the UK without her.

She made the decision.

So she bears all responsibilities for the outcome. 

She will likely be pregnant again or will borrow an orphan (claiming it as her own) in order to jump the queue & provide a meal ticket back home. UK is so weak that we'll even provide lifelong anonimity & any sentence would be minimal as a result of having a child.

Terrorists do not play by normal rules.

Archived