Thailand to start testing medical marijuana on patients

rooster59

Thailand to start testing medical marijuana on patients

medicalcanna.jpg

Credit: CC0 Public Domain

Thailand is poised to start its first tests of cannabis oil on patients, a health official said Friday, as excitement swirls around a new industry that could create money-making avenues for entrepreneurs while offering relief for suffering patients.

Marijuana has been used as a traditional herb for centuries in Thailand but was banned decades ago.

The junta's rubber-stamp parliament voted in December to legalise it for medical purposes.

Full story: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2019-03-thailand-medical-marijuana-patients.html

Medical Xpress: 2019-03-09

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

,,,as excitement swirls around a new industry that could create money-making avenues for entrepreneurs while offering relief for suffering patients.

Check that statement, dwell on it, and you'll understand the actual agenda.

I think the next step. It will be allowed in small quantities for personal use. And the real reason for doing this is for tourism. There will be full moon parties all over the country, attracting millions of tourists from all over the world

35 minutes ago, gamini said:

I think the next step. It will be allowed in small quantities for personal use. And the real reason for doing this is for tourism. There will be full moon parties all over the country, attracting millions of tourists from all over the world

Play with the numbers. A good stoner does about a half gram a day. That means 5 grams over a 10 day vacation.

Say a gram is taxed at 50 baht. 250 baht for this tourist in taxes.

How many tourists will come to smoke the good herb? A million? 250 million baht in taxes. Nice chunk.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Reread the article. They are talking about cannabidiol (CBD) NOT marijuana.

I couldn't see that in the article. I read cannabis oil, nothing about testing just CBD oils. I would think they were testing oil products with THC and CBD if they were doing proper research.

I guess they aren’t going to look at the sizable research that has been done worldwide?  Oh right, it’s in English.  FYI there is this thing called a wheel-it is round-if you ask enough people, someone can show you a picture of one-good place to start 

Archived