English translation from Japanese?

Trujillo

• 4 weeks later...

Just saw this. Thanks; I had a suspicion you might have the key. 

It's a ginormous, stonking ashtray. And it says it's crystal, too. Picked it up at one of the secondhand clothing shops on the road between Kham Tieng and the moat (whatever that road is called). Unfortunately, I gave up cigarettes a couple years ago. 

5 hours ago, Trujillo said:

Just saw this. Thanks; I had a suspicion you might have the key. 

It's a ginormous, stonking ashtray. And it says it's crystal, too. Picked it up at one of the secondhand clothing shops on the road between Kham Tieng and the moat (whatever that road is called). Unfortunately, I gave up cigarettes a couple years ago. 

Hardly unfortunate! Perhaps the very best thing you could have done for yourself and your family, to say nothing of those non-smokers around you had to put up with the stench.  I never realized just how badly smokers smelled until I gave them up. Makes me wonder how I ever got a date with non-smoking women!

9 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

Hardly unfortunate! Perhaps the very best thing you could have done for yourself and your family, to say nothing of those non-smokers around you had to put up with the stench.  I never realized just how badly smokers smelled until I gave them up. Makes me wonder how I ever got a date with non-smoking women!

Almost all smokers don't realize that a certain percentage has nasal/sinus allergy i.e the smoke causes their nose to excrete nasal discharge to fend off the nicotine poison.

I am one of them.

1 hour ago, Trujillo said:

Well, in fact, I don't live with anyone and all my friends smoke, so I am the odd man out. 

But I have a great ashtray now.... ????

Truth be told, I was actually a bit sad when I stopped smoking and had to throw away my ashtrays. I even had one that I had bought my first semester in college, with the school's logo on it. 1964. A few of them were also souvenirs of other life events, but I thought it best to get rid of them for my own sake. Same with my favorite lighter...  All for the best, I guess. 20+ years now without cigarettes.

Archived