Jump to content
BANGKOK 25 April 2019 21:47
rooster59

Video: Land of Smiles! Grinning American in custody after theft from Chiang Mai store

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
On 3/9/2019 at 1:41 AM, sharktooth said:

As much as I agree with that, are they allowed to do that anymore?

Anymore? Thieves use guns and kill these days. Are they allowed to do that now? The whole situation is ugly and sad. And yes, they still do it, not physically but psychologically. How many convicted of a crime have said something to the effect of they said whatever the police wanted them to say just to get out of the interrogation room. Yes, they still do it.

Edited by Jimdandy
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2019 at 10:17 AM, Jimdandy said:

Anymore? Thieves use guns and kill these days. Are they allowed to do that now? The whole situation is ugly and sad. And yes, they still do it, not physically but psychologically. How many convicted of a crime have said something to the effect of they said whatever the police wanted them to say just to get out of the interrogation room. Yes, they still do it.

Are you ex-law enforcement Jim?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2019 at 10:17 AM, Jimdandy said:

Anymore? Thieves use guns and kill these days. Are they allowed to do that now? The whole situation is ugly and sad. And yes, they still do it, not physically but psychologically. How many convicted of a crime have said something to the effect of they said whatever the police wanted them to say just to get out of the interrogation room. Yes, they still do it.

Been watching documentaries about wrongful convictions in the US based on testimony of the defendant. Its bad what happened in some cases even death penalty cases. So yes it happens and they still do it. (and yes we had a bad case of bad policing in the Netherlands too)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2019 at 8:58 PM, robblok said:

Been watching documentaries about wrongful convictions in the US based on testimony of the defendant. Its bad what happened in some cases even death penalty cases. So yes it happens and they still do it. (and yes we had a bad case of bad policing in the Netherlands too)

Sad but true and it is getting worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ho, Hum, God Bless America once again !!! ... I am glad that I came to Asai 40 Years ago, when not to many of then were here, well, only Good ones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2019 at 9:46 AM, worgeordie said:

So he was given the chance to get away with it,and refused to pay when caught,

what a wally.

regards worgeordie

I have it on good authority that they dont give a chance to pay for it.

They delight in their good cop bad cop approach to extracting cash from you. 

The signs say 10 times the value. 

Threats of monkey house and immigration.

Last line is call the police. 

Several 7/11 around Pattaya klang have reputations for dropping an odd item in the basket without scanning it. 

Then saying you take without pay.

A German associate was taken for 4000 baht, over a tube if toothpaste. 

Threats of monkey house and visa cancel. 

Plus language issues. 

 

Big C has a similar policy. 

Ten times the value if pulled up.

And still call the police. 

So the contributions go even higher..

(Partners son worked Big C security).

 

No offers to pay... no way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

I have it on good authority that they dont give a chance to pay for it.

They delight in their good cop bad cop approach to extracting cash from you. 

The signs say 10 times the value. 

Threats of monkey house and immigration.

Last line is call the police. 

Several 7/11 around Pattaya klang have reputations for dropping an odd item in the basket without scanning it. 

Then saying you take without pay.

A German associate was taken for 4000 baht, over a tube if toothpaste. 

Threats of monkey house and visa cancel. 

Plus language issues. 

 

Big C has a similar policy. 

Ten times the value if pulled up.

And still call the police. 

So the contributions go even higher..

(Partners son worked Big C security).

 

No offers to pay... no way.

"When confronted and asked to pay for the merchandise he refused and the cops were called"

regards worgeordie

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...