What a kerfuffle! Cockroach in the beer at Pattaya Terminal 21 has everyone frothing!

rooster59

What a kerfuffle! Cockroach in the beer at Pattaya Terminal 21 has everyone frothing!

cr.JPG

Image: Daily News

Everyone darted for cover like a startled cockroach after one of the insects was found in a customer's beer at an outlet in the recently opened Terminal 21 in North Pattaya. 

A woman customer went on Facebook to complain despite not having to pay. 

A staffer offered her resignation. 

A deputy manager denied that it was their cockroach. 

And Terminal 21 issued a letter and promised further action.

The offending cockroach was found swimming in the beer at "Beer Fest" on the second floor. 

Deputy manager Nisa Konthong, 42, told Daily News reporters that all their glasses are kept open side down. 

The staffer who poured the beer didn't notice one in the glass. She said that their shop doesn't have cockroaches.

The suggestion was that it had come from outside in the Terminal 21 complex. It certainly wasn't there when the server delivered it, she claimed.

But she accepted responsibility. She said the serving girl had apologized to the customer and said there would be no charge for the beer. The customer reportedly said: "It's too late now".

The server offered her resignation. 

The manager was not on the premises at the time. He said had he been this would never have happened. He said he called the customer to apologize. It further appeared that the customer had been given a bill for food. 

"If I had been there she wouldn't have had to pay for food," said manager Krit Jamnongphian, 36.

The staffer's resignation offer would be considered by executives of Beer Fest, he added. 

Meanwhile Terminal 21 issued a letter saying they were aware of Beer Fest's actions in the matter. 

They had offered to have a follow up interview with the customer who had replied to their email with one word:

"Kha". 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-09

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Waitress !!!! there is a cockroach in my beer !!!"

"Shhhhh, be quiet Sir, or everyone will want one"

Not saying it isn't true, but it is the oldest trick in the book to claim a free meal, hence the reason for not accepting the apology, plus, if that was the beer she was drinking, whether real ale or not, I would call it closer to dish water than beer.

32 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

The offending cockroach was found swimming in the beer at "Beer Fest" on the second floor. Was it Doing the Backstroke or What ??

Front crawl, what else?

46 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

The offending cockroach was found swimming in the beer at "Beer Fest" on the second floor. Was it Doing the Backstroke or What ??

Channeling your inner Borscht Belt there I see....

Its a cockroach for gods sake. its the tropics. duh

2 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

I must say the beer is not looking to heathy without the roach????

I used that restaurant on my first visit to T21. It's a German wiessbier and meant to be cloudy. I reviewed my experience on this forum. Good food and one of the best draught beers I've had in Thailand.

Sadly, I won't be drinking it again.

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Why dude, its a roach, give it back and get another beer...bet its for free!

Maybe Im just a bit jaded, having had to cut flyblow off a hunk of hanging moose backstrap before we cooked it over an open wood fire. Nomnom to the max by the way, especially with filed expedient barbeque sauce (Ketchup packets, garlic powder, soy sauce packets and what ever else is in in the cache)

3 hours ago, HLover said:

It sounds like the staff did everything in their power to rectify the situation. Shamefully, the netizen still wasn't satisfied. 

Probably an "entitled" person who thinks they are Julie Andrews in "Victor, Victoria"

"The manager was not on the premises at the time. He said had he been this would never have happened."

Does he inspect every beer before it is served?

Does he spray every glass with insecticide before putting out on rack?

One night I was at home enjoying a cold beer and movie..the room was dark so as not to get distracting reflections from the TV screen....I reached over to my beer mug....got it right to my face before noticing the 2 inch long cockroach balancing on the rim...screamed like a "girly" and spilt the beer all over me and the wife....the cockroach escaped !

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

I used that restaurant on my first visit to T21. It's a German wiessbier and meant to be cloudy. I reviewed my experience on this forum. Good food and one of the best draught beers I've had in Thailand.

Cockroches fly. Probably just fkew in. It was alive not in the keg.. Cockroaches sre everywhere here. Its not the end of the world and dors not mean the foid or beer is dirty. But your choice..

2 minutes ago, seahorse said:

I'm just surprised that the restaurant didn't charge extra. 

Call it a Barley Pop Protein Shake and market it to the Birkenstockers.

An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar and each orders a pint of beer. When the drinks arrive they notice that all three pints have a fly cockroach in them.

The Englishman just looks at his pint in disgust and pushes it away.

The Irishman picks out the fly cockroach with his fingers, throws it on the floor and proceeds to drink his beer.

The Scotsman picks the fly cockroach out of his pint, and holds it over the drink saying, "Come on you little git, spit it out!" 

41 minutes ago, Chicken George said:

Cockroches fly. Probably just fkew in. It was alive not in the keg.. Cockroaches sre everywhere here. Its not the end of the world and dors not mean the foid or beer is dirty. But your choice..

I have a phobia of cockies, long story and not for this forum. I don't doubt you that they do fly, but I've never seen one fly - thank God. Probably in the glass before the beer was poured.

Archived