What a kerfuffle! Cockroach in the beer at Pattaya Terminal 21 has everyone frothing!

rooster59

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Chicken George said:

Cockroaches sre everywhere here. Its not the end of the world

After that, they still drink your pint

2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

It would have drunk very little

It's a Thai Roach, politely shares it with you. Not a scrufty pirate one keg each.

1 hour ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Thai cockroaches don't behave like that. It must have been a farang cockroach, maybe on overstay

Should ask if he have a valid workpermit for inspecting the brew.

5 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

The offending cockroach was found swimming in the beer at "Beer Fest" on the second floor. Was it Doing the Backstroke or What ??

T21 at Pattaya I would've thought the other B'stroke !

I hope the girl keeps her job. If the Thais stopped throwing food scraps etc all over the side of roads there would be a lot less of these critters. Social media is anything but social. If a cockroach had of been cooked into a dish of food fair enough.

9 hours ago, johng said:

That corner of T21 has always been extremely quiet, already  the gaming shop closed..I wouldn't be surprised if a few more in that corner went belly up  soon ????

Yep, just a few cockroaches walking aimlessly around. Except for the one that was found belly up in a glass of beer. ????

090319_235020.jpg

Could the Roach have dropped off the ceiling and into the beer ? On the other hand, it wouldn’t be the first time “someone” has staged a Set-up.

As for the manager claiming “it would never have happened if he’d been there,” what a heap of ROACH POOP !

Is the fellow telling us that HE personally inspects each and every glass of beer that is served in the place?

Perhaps they should Sack the alleged Manager and replace him with the SERVER, who sounds a very honest and consciences individual.

Well its more ridiculous if u read it in thai. Staff were saying staff pay or u pay cuz bug belongs to terminal 21 so what she got to do with it? Staff got to pay for losses. 

When I was in Thailand a few days ago, there was this nice lady that sold food from her house. I used to walk by her house everyday when I was going for my daily workout routine. Her little food shop was not opened everyday. Usually I d stop by on Friday afternoon to try her food. She did not speak English and I did not speak Thai. So we have some great communication going on. Last time that I asked her for some noodles with chicken. It looked very delicious until my first bite. I found a 12 inches hair stuck in the middle of my food. I am glad it was my last day in Thailand.

2 minutes ago, GoodieAfterDark said:

It looked very delicious until my first bite. I found a 12 inches hair stuck in the middle of my food. I am glad it was my last day in Thailand.

Such a mess never could happen anywhere else in the world. Better avoid Thailand in future.

22 hours ago, HLover said:

It sounds like the staff did everything in their power to rectify the situation. Shamefully, the netizen still wasn't satisfied. 

The assistant manager should have preemt the situation by writing off the food bill as well. After all the mood and appetite were already gone by then. What more. The face was lost especially if the host was entertaining important guests. Thai style. We do not eat just for filling the stomach. We paid for the ambiance as well. Thais are always small on compensation unlike western businesses. They should pick some skills in PR from the western businessses. 

1 hour ago, GoodieAfterDark said:

When I was in Thailand a few days ago, there was this nice lady that sold food from her house. I used to walk by her house everyday when I was going for my daily workout routine. Her little food shop was not opened everyday. Usually I d stop by on Friday afternoon to try her food. She did not speak English and I did not speak Thai. So we have some great communication going on. Last time that I asked her for some noodles with chicken. It looked very delicious until my first bite. I found a 12 inches hair stuck in the middle of my food. I am glad it was my last day in Thailand.

You are lucky it is just a hair from the head. You might get a different kind of hair. The 3 or 4 inches curly hair from dubious origin. 

1 minute ago, Ctkong said:

You are lucky it is just a hair from the head. You might get a different kind of hair. The 3 or 4 inches curly hair from dubious origin. 

Surely that would only be a problem if the eggs were still attached?

19 hours ago, Emdog said:

"The manager was not on the premises at the time. He said had he been this would never have happened."

Does he inspect every beer before it is served?

Does he spray every glass with insecticide before putting out on rack?

I think the manager meant that he would have settled the incident to the customer’s satisfaction thus no bad publicity on Facebook at all. However, I would take that with a pinch of salt. Because Thai management are not known to be stellar in damage control. Hindsight is always golden. 

7 minutes ago, Ctkong said:

The assistant manager should have preemt the situation by writing off the food bill as well. After all the mood and appetite were already gone by then. What more. The face was lost especially if the host was entertaining important guests. Thai style. We do not eat just for filling the stomach. We paid for the ambiance as well. Thais are always small on compensation unlike western businesses. They should pick some skills in PR from the western businessses. 

Some people are never satisfied.

Went to a restaurant on the beach at Najomtien.  It was a young girl's birthday party and there was a group of us.  We were regulars and had eaten there for years.  At the end of the meal we drained our glasses.  My wife spat her red wine dregs back into the glass where a dead ching-chock was revealed.

The owner was called and he graciously wiped the red wine 90 baht off the bill.  We never went back.  Over the years I reckon that lack of customer service has cost him over eighty thousand baht.

54 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Went to a restaurant on the beach at Najomtien.  It was a young girl's birthday party and there was a group of us.  We were regulars and had eaten there for years.  At the end of the meal we drained our glasses.  My wife spat her red wine dregs back into the glass where a dead ching-chock was revealed.

The owner was called and he graciously wiped the red wine 90 baht off the bill.  We never went back.  Over the years I reckon that lack of customer service has cost him over eighty thousand baht.

Like I said, Thais are small on compensation. They do not think of future business. Only what they can get for that day. Any losses prick their <deleted> much. Small business minded indeed. Lack of skill on damage control in most situations. I always admire western type of compensation. Once agoda make a mistake on my hotel reservation( hotel’s fault for being overbooked)  and I was not able to check in upon arrival. Agoda graciously find me another hotel establishment nearby and awarded me a night’s worth of coupon. Now that is indeed PR damage control in the works. Until today I am still a loyal customer of Agoda. 

Archived