Resorts start rolling in own water tankers as Phuket dry spell continues

rooster59

Resorts start rolling in own water tankers as Phuket dry spell continues 

By The Phuket News

1552034764_1-org.jpg

A water truck is filled at a private water source in Rassada on Wednesday, to deliver water to a hotel in Patong after 11pm that night. Photo: Tanyaluk Sakoot

PHUKET: A leading figure in Phuket’s hotel industry in has confirmed that hotels and resorts across the island are starting to feel the effects of low water pressure in their mains water supply, which is forcing some hoteliers to arrange their own water supplies to ensure guests are not affected.

“The dry situation has started to affect many hotel businesses,” Kongsak Koopongsakorn, President of the Thai Hotels Association, Southern Thailand Chapter, told The Phuket News this week.

“The tap water does not flow well and there is low pressure. Hotels now have to buy water from private water sources, which is increasing their costs. Plus traffic jams are also increasing as part of the problem because there are now many water trucks on roads throughout the province,” he added.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/resorts-start-rolling-in-own-water-tankers-as-phuket-dry-spell-continues-70638.php#cSV2o2LOjMh0LVSc.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-03-09

59 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Rama 9 dam projects will prove to be the smartest public works projects ever.

Counter the drought with rising seas.

Not going to end well.

I would be interested to hear which Rama 9 dam project is planned to service Phuket.

Also, please expand on your drought countered by rising seas statement.

Interesting, and concerning, reading in the link about projected hotel room numbers and the scarcity of water resources going into the 20's and 30's.

Something needs to be instituted now, whether it be a new large dam, or a pipeline from neighboring Provinces.

5 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

I fail to see any relevance in that statement.

You would if you were getting a "commission" from unneeded bullet trains and someone wanted to invest the money where it was needed - improving the infrastructure :wink:

7 minutes ago, CGW said:
15 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

You would if you were getting a "commission" from unneeded bullet trains and someone wanted to invest the money where it was needed - improving the infrastructure :wink:

That was still a very vague link to water supply problems in Phuket.

Why didn't you just mention submarines?

32 minutes ago, CGW said:

There are no bullet trains coming to Phuket so totally irrelevant.

If you'd said light railway however..................

9 hours ago, Old Croc said:

I suspect it means infrastructure money is being spent in the wrong places. Same as “buy more army tanks”.

On 3/9/2019 at 5:39 PM, Old Croc said:

Interesting, and concerning, reading in the link about projected hotel room numbers and the scarcity of water resources going into the 20's and 30's.

Something needs to be instituted now, whether it be a new large dam, or a pipeline from neighboring Provinces.

Something needed to be instituted 15 years ago. 

Now you see the consequences of no forward planning. 

6 minutes ago, Richard Kuklinski said:

Not long now until we see the "water mafia" colluding to set the price of trucked in water.

Of course, it will be called the "water truck association."   ????

There has always been a water truck mafia

10 minutes ago, Richard Kuklinski said:

Not long now until we see the "water mafia" colluding to set the price of trucked in water.

Of course, it will be called the "water truck association."   ????

What do you pay for yours 

7 minutes ago, Richard Kuklinski said:

Nope.  Just know a thing or two about Phuket Thainess.  You don't think the price will go through the roof?

No I get deliveries from mom n pop operators, 300 baht for  good water  and  an hours work seems cheap to me

Archived