Best Arc Welder Sold in Thailand?

NCC1701A

I am thinking about learning to arc weld. This is just for personal non professional use but I would like a good quality welder. I was looking in Global House, Home Pro and others and they had many brands, none that I have heard of before. My budget would be a maximum of 8,000 baht. Maybe a bit more. 

Thanks for any info.

Depends what you want to learn to weld.
If its fair sized framework etc then Arc is okay, for some nice detail welds then Tig is great....

Weldpro do nice little welders which are decent value IMO...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, grollies said:

WeldPro are pretty good. Trouble here is you can't get rods under 2.6mm

17 hours ago, Anythingleft? said:

Depends what you want to learn to weld.
If its fair sized framework etc then Arc is okay, for some nice detail welds then Tig is great....

Weldpro do nice little welders which are decent value IMO...

at the end of this video is a example of what i want to build. square tubing to make a ladder. and some other simple projects.

what would in need to weld like this? and what number rod would i use. the numbers seem to be different in Thailand.  

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

at the end of this video is a example of what i want to build. square tubing to make a ladder. and some other simple projects.

what would in need to weld like this? and what number rod would i use. the numbers seem to be different in Thailand.  

Depends how thick the metal is but the smallest rods you can get are, like I said, 2.6mm.

Works with practice on low amps. I use the Thai technique of dab stop dab stop.....

Less than 3mm thickness takes practice and patience for Arc, even with a Tig to begin with

Stick gives you greater access to awkward joints
Stick is good for outside (no gas blowing away)
Rods are easily available for stick welding(6013 in the main part here but they can be tricky as the slag is not especially easy to remove - 7016 gives a much nicer run but generally harder to find and more than likely in heavier rods)

You can buy a multi weld machine that gives you the flexibility of arc and tig but they are expensive

Get the stick unit and work on 1/4" - 3/8" plates with butt welds until you get used to how the rods lay out......

You can find whatever product you want here. Just not so easy.150 amp inverter is all you need. Most of them would do, but I would go for an esab caddy or a small kemppi if I could choose. The rods are a pain in the ass to find some good ones. Esab 48.08 2,5mm can do all you want. Thick walled profiles is another pain to find. Thin wall as is normally sold can even make a certified welder by trade frustrated. Best of luck burning alot of holes ????

On 3/9/2019 at 7:00 PM, grollies said:

WeldPro are pretty good. Trouble here is you can't get rods under 2.6mm

People have found, and posted links to, thinner rods on Laza

On 3/10/2019 at 5:04 PM, Anythingleft? said:

7016 gives a much nicer run but generally harder to find and more than likely in heavier rods)

It is available in 2.6mm, I have some at home, I'll post a picture later if I can find it.

After looking at most models availible here, I chose this one. https://www.globalhouse.co.th/product/detail/8858867126478 It has served me well and I like the digital controls. Welpro was my other choice but this one has the same features at a lower price. Welpro has 3 different lines, the white ones have 1 year warranty and 35% duty cycle, then purple models 2 yr warr. the red ones are 3 year warr. Even with 1.6 rod its hard to use because the steel here has such a high carbon content you cant really run a bead without blowing thru it. I took it home last year and it works like a champ with the steel i weld there.

On 3/9/2019 at 2:45 PM, NCC1701A said:

I am thinking about learning to arc weld.

In the good old days! arc welding was used primarily for thicker steels, smaller gauge steel was welded with oxy/gas. It is common in Thailand to see arc used on thin steel - usually resulting in crappy welds that look like birdshit! welds not helped by the poor quality of the local steel.

If you are going to be working inside and welding thin gauge steel Tig is the only way to go, you have the potential to end up with some decent welds & some work you can take pride in.

On 3/11/2019 at 6:45 PM, sometimewoodworker said:
On 3/10/2019 at 5:04 PM, Anythingleft? said:

7016 gives a much nicer run but generally harder to find and more than likely in heavier rods)

It is available in 2.6mm, I have some at home, I'll post a picture later if I can find it.

image.thumb.jpg.5ab53434272ce9bedf6f16e72a157b31.jpg

L-55

On 3/9/2019 at 2:45 PM, NCC1701A said:

My budget would be a maximum of 8,000 baht. Maybe a bit more. 

Buy a decent grinder with that "bit more" you will need one, steel has to be properly prepared to get a decent weld.

http://www.longwellthai.com/product/เครื่องเชื่อมไฟฟ้า-mma-150-hdpe-microcontroller/

Here is a better description of my longwell welder. Its cheaper at global house. The arc start/hot start and anti stick options with the digital controls will help you alot when learning. I like the plastic case for safety too. Spend some xtra money on a better helmet with 4 sensors instead of the cheaper two sensor models also. Some good boots are a must too, I have thrown away a few pairs of trainers being lazy when doing a quick weld job.

Archived