4 hours ago, HampiK said:

Now It seems I have to wait about 2 weeks and then I should be able to collect a cheque with the amount.

If only 2 weeks you will be lucky and guess it depends on how busy the  specific office is.

The other point is that they appear to have stopped issueing cheques - see this thread -

and this one 

Edited by topt
spelling

I will write back, what I become and if I can become the money….

The problem is, that foreigners can not have Promptpay… Only can use their mobile phone number and not register the ID.

1 minute ago, HampiK said:

The problem is, that foreigners can not have Promptpay… Only can use their mobile phone number and not register the ID.

Read the thread - not a problem as long as you have a Krung Thai bank who can generate one of the cards for you :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1
  • 11 months later...
On 3/9/2019 at 9:12 PM, HampiK said:

I know this is an old thread,but you're saying that foreigners can't use PromptPay if you don't register a Thai ID. I have PromptPay enabled at both Bangkok Bank and K-Bank. I registered using my phone number. You need either a mobile phone number or a Thai ID number.  

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

I know this is an old thread,but you're saying that foreigners can't use PromptPay if you don't register a Thai ID. I have PromptPay enabled at both Bangkok Bank and K-Bank. I registered using my phone number. You need either a mobile phone number or a Thai ID number.  

Correct, promptpay is beyond our reach.

Thai Revenue issues a letter that can be taken to Krung Thai Bank. The bank can issue a "money card" that can then be used at an ATM to get cash. No Krung Thai account is required as I can attest to since I did just as stated above. 

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

I did the same at Bangkok Bank. What a waste of time... The Revenue Department told me that my PromptPay can not be used. I then did this in post #8 with the Krungsri Money Card. 

My experience last month:

Tax letter from TMB took less than 5 mins

Fill in tax form at tax office (by nice lady behind counter) took about 10 mins.  I had a TIN issued already.

Wait about 10 days for the refund letter to arrive by post.

Go to Krung Thai bank with letter, passport, TIN card and photo of my condo Chanote containing my name in Thai (easier than asking the bank teller to do the transliteration from Roman to Thai script). Time to issue an e-wallet card took about 10 mins.

Got to Krung Thai ATM and withdraw most of the money took about 5 mins as the screen is all in Thai so needed a bit of a help.

Go to Thaniya spirits and buy a bottle of whisky with the refund took about 10 mins

Problem?....What problem.  Just need a bit of perseverance hic! hic!

4 hours ago, saengd said:

Correct, promptpay is beyond our reach.

No, I can use PromptPay at both Bangkok Bank and K-Bank. I registered using my mobile phone number. A Thai person can register using phone number or thai ID-number. 

2 hours ago, rak sa_ngop said:

My experience last month:

Tax letter from TMB took less than 5 mins

Fill in tax form at tax office (by nice lady behind counter) took about 10 mins.  I had a TIN issued already.

Wait about 10 days for the refund letter to arrive by post.

Go to Krung Thai bank with letter, passport, TIN card and photo of my condo Chanote containing my name in Thai (easier than asking the bank teller to do the transliteration from Roman to Thai script). Time to issue an e-wallet card took about 10 mins.

Got to Krung Thai ATM and withdraw most of the money took about 5 mins as the screen is all in Thai so needed a bit of a help.

Go to Thaniya spirits and buy a bottle of whisky with the refund took about 10 mins

Problem?....What problem.  Just need a bit of perseverance hic! hic!

Why Krung Thai Bank? Shouldn't any bank issuing same type of "e-wallet account" work? 

6 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Why Krung Thai Bank? Shouldn't any bank issuing same type of "e-wallet account" work? 

No because that is the way the Thai revenue service have set it up. Their way or the ..........

what money was involved in this bank interest?  If I had 800,000 baht on deposit for a visa, would the interest on that 800,000 baht be taxed and automatically withheld?   Would I as an expat have to file or would I be able to get any taxes that were withheld returned?  The total interest can't be too large, say 3 % of 800,000 is only 24,000 baht, but would that get taxed?

7 hours ago, Max69xl said:

No, I can use PromptPay at both Bangkok Bank and K-Bank. I registered using my mobile phone number. A Thai person can register using phone number or thai ID-number. 

Yes, available for Thai people, not available for foreigners who do not have a Thai ID number.