Severe Itching

rascalman

I have severe itching over most of my body. Doctor did not help, I need serious help. I have tried prednisone, and moisturizers for dry skin like olive oil. Continue with that and take Atarax at night, let's me sleep which is so difficult. 

Imagine the worst itching To the point of blood and now wounds. This serious and I just need honest sincere help. Any real ideas please and experts too. 

Thanks in advance. 

This condition sounds rather serious already...if not better after poster "backbone's" suggestions...you may need to check yourself into a hospital.

Have you considered bedbugs?  Sleep on the couch or a different bed a few nights and look for signs of improvement...

Some sever allergies or bad nerves can cause itching and discomfort.

Your hospital doctors should be consulted immediately if you show no signs of improvement...good luck! 

I would recommend you use Canesten, it's an ointment that I use for sweat rashes. When I get them nothing helps, washing with soap and water, skin creams, etc ... the itch gets more intense and the rash spreads. Canesten is the only product that gets rid of it. 

My problem is in specific areas, not the whole body, apart from that your description sounds very familiar.

Have you ever tried the simplistic remedy of bathing in Epsom salts, more commonly known as magnesium sulphate in Thailand (if that is where you are)?

In your severe case, bathe daily for a week or two, warm water, not hot. Apply vitamin E cream after bath while your pours are open. If this solves the problem, maintenance of a bath or two a week is all you will need on the long term.

Feel free to PM me for more information. And please PM me if this solves the problem.

Do not try to self treat. You need to see a different doctor. Tell me where in Thailand you are and I will try to suggest where to go.

itching this severe could be many things but since it sounds like steroids and antihistamines aren't having much effect, probably not an allergy. Nonethelss - are you taking any medication (other than what you have started for the itching)?

Is there a visible rash?

Scabies is a possibility. So is bedbugs. Or psychological cause.

Scabies in particular causes really severe itching.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to institute of dermatology and got a through examination, then second visit biopsy on my toe. So waiting for results but they think I have Bullous pemphigoid. I have never suffered like I am now. Feet better but blisters on hand and itching that is incomprehensible it is simply unbelievable the pain I have had. 

Looks like prednisone soon I can not wait for help. Thanks.. 20190319_024850.thumb.jpg.d36074e989459356e09da6613afb0467.jpg

The hospital is good but being a government facility things go slowly.

If you want faster care, go to the private wing of Siriraj and ask for:

Prof. Kanokvalai Kanokvalai

http://www.siphhospital.com/en/home

However I would wait to get the pathology report first becaise any doctor is going to need this.

I assume you are already on prednisolone?

This may not help but I have cameras all over my dads house back in the UK he is 91 and disabled and is confined to a chair 24/7 he spends 15hrs a day sleeping 1 hr eating and 8hrs scratching and applying a myriad of lotions its been like this for the last 6 years nothing I have or countless doctors have done has had any effect please post anything you find that helps good luck I feel for you ???? 

UPDATE : JUST got back more blood work and another consult with a head doctor. She looked at me and said "treatable" put smile on my face.

I am on prednisone, another name. Big Dosage 40mg.daily. Did not get into the getting off this. I know this medicine and it's a serious matter. 

I am hopeful. 

William 

Thanks for those who care. I get my biopsy soon, I am on steroids and that other antibiotics. Now it is not much better. 

Now I have been here a long time and may have to get out. No $25,000 then no visa it seems. I will plan. Help if you can. 

I have quite a dilemma now in my old life. With a few choices to make that I am not happy with. Thailand are throwing out expats who are fine, many like me have lived here a longtime. But if you do not have $25,000 in a Thai bank then no visa. So being very sick does not matter. Nothing matters it seems. I will just have to get out. Being an  old NCO and used to making plans I might have to.
Choice is to live in Cambodia I am thinking Siem Reap not far from Thailand, one hour flight. I can find a condo/apartment for well under $500.00 a month, utilities cheap and food cheap too. Got no choice if immigration does not want me.
My visa expires in October so in June I will go talk to Thai immigration. I do not expect much help. If you know any expat contacts their please let me know.  Thank so much. 

William 
Bangkok for now
I  

Archived