Sudarat questions credibilty of senator selection

rooster59

Sudarat questions credibilty of senator selection

Sudarat-k.jpg

Pheu Thai party’s chief election strategist Sudarat Keyuraphan has questioned the credibility of the selection of 194 senators by the military junta, officially called the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO).

She pointed out that a large group of active and retired military officers, closely linked to Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha and Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan, were among the 400 shortlisted candidates and most of them may well become senators.

“This is unfair,” she said, adding that the mixed election/selection process for senators has cost the taxpayer an enormous amount of money, but may still end with a large number of active and retired generals becoming senators.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/sudarat-questions-credibilty-of-senator-selection/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-03-10

Credibility, this election has none, a total joke in international circles, poor old  Prayut had a difficult time explaining to the International community his title of Prime Minister when he wasn't elected, how's he going to explain 200 unelected senators, just job for the boys at the Hi - So military club  

Typical news without details. No mention of how large the large group is. For all I know from this is that the number is between 1 and 400. If the reporter sides with the government, perhaps the number is 399. If they wide with the Pheu Thai party maybe the number is 2. I'm guessing that the real number is probably between 50 and 200, and who knows?

Credibility - like someone being "endorsed" as leader by the criminal that own the party for instance? That really increases credibility!

The real "unfairness" they whinge about is no longer having a seat at or control of the trough!

2 hours ago, chainarong said:

Credibility, this election has none, a total joke in international circles, poor old  Prayut had a difficult time explaining to the International community his title of Prime Minister when he wasn't elected, how's he going to explain 200 unelected senators, just job for the boys at the Hi - So military club  

Can you substantiate any of your assertions regarding "international circles"?

Or perhaps tells us why these mysterious "circles" choose to all confide in you with their views?

3 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if the elections are called off, there’s bombs going off in Satun and Pattalung for the first time ever right now.

Why call off the election? The junta has the governance of Thailand totally stitched up whoever is elected to parliament.

8 hours ago, YetAnother said:

of course it is, think 'fairness' is a top priority of a military government that writes it's own self-serving constitution ?

Of course it would be a lot fairer is Thaksin was allowed to nominate and select his people, now wouldn't it? 

I’m certainly not an Einstein when I say that the junta will do as it pleasespre and post election.

(Lots of you well-informed long term expats have helped me get a feel and flavour beyond my own experience that tells me this).

The election pre- manoeuvres e.g. banning of parties and other actions confirm, as a the body of indicators and what we could term ‘evidence’ that the junta shunting of people laws and action is to keep itself controlling the country.

At least this is out in the Thai news and was not allowed to just happen in preparation for election theft. It may all  be for naught if there is an overwhelming defeat for the junta at the polls. Get all of your Thai friends out there!

On 3/10/2019 at 1:01 PM, Baerboxer said:

Credibility - like someone being "endorsed" as leader by the criminal that own the party for instance? That really increases credibility!

The real "unfairness" they whinge about is no longer having a seat at or control of the trough!

Would you care to put your cards on the table ?

Do you believe that Thailand ruled by the Junta for the next 20 years would be better than a allowing  democracy , that is , government by the elected majority.

1 hour ago, Denim said:

Would you care to put your cards on the table ?

Do you believe that Thailand ruled by the Junta for the next 20 years would be better than a allowing  democracy , that is , government by the elected majority.

The chap in question would not not endorse Pol Pot if it meant anything to do with the end of the Shinawatras / their cronies / supporters.

I mean come on, Pol never fled to Dubai. Sure he broke a few eggs along the way, but what about Samak and his cooking show?

3 minutes ago, baboon said:

The chap in question would not not endorse Pol Pot if it meant anything to do with the end of the Shinawatras / their cronies / supporters.

I mean come on, Pol never fled to Dubai. Sure he broke a few eggs along the way, but what about Samak and his cooking show?

Sad but true . Keeps Kleenex in business though.

4 minutes ago, CGW said:

He was a real piece of work ???? better cook than Prime minister - doubt you could find many to argue that :goof:

He was a piece of crap. A disgusting man. But that does not mean other such disgusting men had the right to remove him in the petty and sleazy way they did.

Hmmm as if the current government isn't criminal. One could say the evidence in the case of the junta is miles more convincing and credible than the evidence used to convict Thaksin. Probably why no country in the world will extradite him. Your credibility is zero in any case, a poor and feable attempt to shoot the messenger, even she is right a 100%, a useless defection attempt. Clearly showing you are nothing but a shameless junta apologist.

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

Archived