Quality tourist? Westerner in Phuket filmed being abusive after urinating on taxi

rooster59

Quality tourist? Westerner in Phuket filmed being abusive after urinating on taxi

Screenshot 2562-03-10 at 09.02.23.png

A foreign tourist was filmed urinating behind a taxi in Phuket before becoming abusive when someone asked him to stop.

In the clip, the man can be seen relieving himself before another man kicks out at him as locals shout at him to go.

After being kicked the tourist, wearing a red t-shirt, appears to threaten someone off camera.

The clip was filmed in Phuket and posted to Facebook on Wednesday.

People commenting were heavily critical of the man, who is believed to be French.

It is not known if police are investigating the incident.

In a similar incident last year, an American woman was charged with urinating in a public place and fined 2,000 baht after she was filmed stepping out of a taxi and peeing in the middle of the road in Bangkok.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-10

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, SammyT said:

Cant wait til the "but Thais misbehave in their own country too" gang see this story and add their valuable comments. 

Yes Thais do it too your right about that, but that does not mean we need foreign idiots doing it. But seriously this problem happens a lot in the UK. Been watching some CCTV show and one of the things happening a lot is peeing wherever they want. I can remember this kind of behaviour too where I came from usually drunk people. Best thing is to just catch and punish maybe they will remember for next time.

10 minutes ago, SammyT said:

Cant wait til the "but Thais misbehave in their own country too" gang see this story and add their valuable comments. 

Considering the fact that raw sewage is intentionally dumped into the water where  foreign tourists swim, the chap was most likely assimilating with the local culture.

23 minutes ago, SammyT said:

Actually, couldn't wait for the post like yours and I didn't have to wait very long/.

4 hours ago, AGareth2 said:
4 hours ago, BestB said:

How did they know he was French????????????? the only language he spoke was geberish with a French accent ????????????

French then

Of course he was French! Why do you think he had this outrageous accent, you silly English k-nig-it, you.

45 minutes ago, SammyT said:

wheres that topic of the street wagon vendor that was pissing in a bottle all the while he was cooking ?

Yes... Thai's do it too.....  I've actually lost count of the amount of times I'm driving down the road and see a Thai chappy taking a leak - But, they usually make attempts to be far more discrete. 

It is the openness with which this man acted, peeing up someone else car. 

But, I see the 'Faux-Outrage' that it was a foreigner doing this, had it been a Thai it may not have made the news. To place this issue in a true Perspective...  A Thai Taxi driver can beat up a tourist and receive a 500 baht fine, but a tourist (American female) desperate for a Pee takes one on the street and is fined 4x that amount - IMO there represents a degree of imbalance between the manner in which Westerners and Thai's are viewed, reported on and charged.

Personally, I believe this guy should be penalized for his disgusting act - its the open brazenness for which he needs to be charged. If he is unable to find a bathroom he could have at least found somewhere more discrete. 

What the farang pig did is wrong but its nothing.

I live in a soi in BKK that has a busy samlor rank. Thai drivers urinate against the wall /gutter of a house in view of everyone from 5am to 8pm 7 days a week. Its impossible to stop them. They once threatened to get their police mates to come around and arrest me...for what? They've been urinating there for over 30 years so that makes it OK apparently.  I'm surprised the foundations of the house haven't rotted.

You or I would be fined 2000 baht .

We have no rights in this country.

I've just about had enough of this place which is sad.

11 minutes ago, Lucius verus said:

Thai drivers urinate against the wall /gutter of a house in view of everyone from 5am to 8pm 7 days a week. Its impossible to stop them.

Same at the bottom of my driveway here, although they do it just out of sight, but the smell is not pleasant.

13 minutes ago, Lucius verus said:

What the farang pig did is wrong but its nothing.

I live in a soi in BKK that has a busy samlor rank. Thai drivers urinate against the wall /gutter of a house in view of everyone from 5am to 8pm 7 days a week. Its impossible to stop them. They once threatened to get their police mates to come around and arrest me...for what? They've been urinating there for over 30 years so that makes it OK apparently.  I'm surprised the foundations of the house haven't rotted.

You or I would be fined 2000 baht .

We have no rights in this country.

I've just about had enough of this place which is sad.

That's reminded me of a sign on a piece of land - but it was only in Thai - 'Don't piss here!'

41 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Of course he was French! Why do you think he had this outrageous accent, you silly English k-nig-it, you.

Punch of punks..

He is Canadian....oh no no he is Belgian..lol..poor guy ,he was drunk..he only did what thai men do..if he hadn't seen thai doing it in public then it is highly unlikely he would.

Most of those piss on the streets are from Scotland &England ????????????????

1 minute ago, mickymouse1 said:

Punch of punks..

He is Canadian....oh no no he is Belgian..lol..poor guy ,he was drunk..he only did what thai men do..if he hadn't seen thai doing it in public then it is highly unlikely he would.

Most of those piss on the streets are from Scotland &England ????????????????

I didn't realise there was an 'in depth' survey that had been carried out?

The Welsh and the Irish must be more restrained then. Or suffer more with enlarged prostates.

All countries who beg for tourist must face one big fact…’There is a cost of doing businesses’.

Anytime 30+ million people come into their country bad things will happen. Rape, robbery, murder, hospitalization, overstay, you think of it and someone in the group of 30+ million will do it.

Countries must collect ‘insurance’ money along the way. They must set up these funds to pay for the damage because it will happen.

5 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I didn't realise there was an 'in depth' survey that had been carried out?

The Welsh and the Irish must be more restrained then. Or suffer more with enlarged prostates.

I do not think it’s natinality related . All has to do with how much of a pig one is. Good reason why you only see taxi drivers urinating in public , well dressed locals would find a toilet or go far away from public eye. Same applies world wide

I am not in favour of urinating in public, but some people, sometimes have a need to relieve themselves quickly.

The alternative could be pissing themselves in the pants.

I would like to ask the "gentleman" who has filmed the scene, would you prefer pissing yourself or pissing on the street ?

Is it more barbaric to publicly embarrass a human being for a pee, or the act of peeing itself ?

Let the foreign tourist offer a wai and pay for 3 buckets of tap water, end of.

I cannot believe my eyes - this foolish behaviour from a westerner no less.

Luckily there was no BAD END.Read of many such cases being set upon by a gang of thais. This person must be reported to the relevant authorities  for action.

What a shame.

4 minutes ago, ebean001 said:

All countries who beg for tourist must face one big fact…’There is a cost of doing businesses’.

Anytime 30+ million people come into their country bad things will happen. Rape, robbery, murder, hospitalization, overstay, you think of it and someone in the group of 30+ million will do it.

Countries must collect ‘insurance’ money along the way. They must set up these funds to pay for the damage because it will happen.

That's ongoing.

Wasn't an American woman last week fined 2,000 Baht for getting out of a taxi and urinating in the street?

The street vendor pissing into a bottle whilst cooking wasn't fined, there again he was being more discrete, if unhygienic. What the 'eye' doesn't see, the heart doesn't grieve about.

Archived