Tickets for Thai Moto GP 2019 ?

ronaldo0

The other day I was checking to see if the tickets for this years GP were available yet and found they had been so for about 5 days ! Did not see one mention of it on TV ,social media etc . Last year bought tickets no problem for the main stand for the 3 days but this year not one place can I see has main stand tickets for sale as all sold out seemingly !

The fact I found tickets were on sale was pure luck and the fact the main stand is sold out when 1 person can only buy 6 tickets makes me think they weren't on sale at all and sponsors etc have kept them all or been allocated them far in advance off sale to give to the great and high and mighty who want to go this year as they seen what a success last year was ! So basically the main stand will be full of people who probably know nothing of Moto GP and are going to be seen at the event !

Even the small Rossi and Marquez stands are the same cost as the main stand but they are in the sun most of the day. From looking at costs of going to Buriram for the weekend I can get flights to KL , stay in a pretty reasonable hotel 2 km from Sepang circuit and get a 3 day ticket for around the same cost in the main stand so looks like that will be the plan.

Has anyone managed to buy main stand tickets for Thailand and where did they see they were on sale ?

Basically the tickets went on sale at 7/11 at 3pm, this was announced on Chang Circuit Facebook page, at 6.43 pm they announced all sold out of main stand. As was the case last year both Honda and Yamaha will have large contingents in the main stand. the main stand was largely empty until just about race time. This year they probably reserved even more space. Don't forget this is the primary market here not farangs, and Thais love these regimented little jaunts, both brands had huge camping areas set up with military precision. Scalpers and robots will have got most of the rest. I had to settle for tickets in the side stand as I did last year which was OK, facilities not as good and very cramped at race time, but cool enough and out of the sun. Last year I sold my Rossi stand ticket to a scalper on race day as I couldn't sit there in that sun. Yeah Sepang is OK but there are issues there too, and I'm not sure they would sell 6 changs in a bucket of ice for 200 baht

not the easiest of places to get to really.

i looked into it, would like to have gone

hotels sold out within minutes of date being announced

Will watch in on BT Sport as usual and benefit from the fantastic panel of experts that they have there.

Apart from Hodgy of course, who is very annoying!  ha ha

Has anyone managed to buy main stand tickets for Thailand and where did they see they were on sale ?

bought mine yesterday 7/11 Marquez stand 4000 baht each. i clicked on the GP Webb site to be notified when ticket went on sale and was meant to receive an email, never got it.

3 hours ago, Tomahawk21 said:

bought mine yesterday 7/11 Marquez stand 4000 baht each. i clicked on the GP Webb site to be notified when ticket went on sale and was meant to receive an email, never got it.

Not seen any main stand anywhere I looked at online . I signed up for notification when tickets were available at a few sites and got one about 2 days ago from the moto gp main site saying tickets now available. Went to the site instantly and main stand all sold out despite tickets only being available on that site 5 minutes before . Also if I remember im sure the rossi and marquez stands didn't cost as much last year if im correct .

On 3/10/2019 at 10:31 AM, ronaldo0 said:

Did not see one mention of it on TV

I posted this on TV on the 28th of February

Not that it did me any good, I still didn't manage to get a main stand ticket, had to settle for side stand.

What with having to settle for accommodation in Surin and main stand tickets selling out in a couple of hours (or were they just block booked for tour operators?) I won't be bothering again next year.

On 3/10/2019 at 11:03 AM, Bluetongue said:

I had to settle for tickets in the side stand as I did last year which was OK, facilities not as good and very cramped at race time, but cool enough and out of the sun. Last year I sold my Rossi stand ticket to a scalper on race day as I couldn't sit there in that sun.

You've lost me there, "cool enough and out of the sun" but you sold your ticket because "I couldn't sit there in that sun"?

If anyone got main stand tickets don't forget your Honda/Yamaha/Kawasaki hats and big sponge fingers and your ear plugs to muffle the sound of the cheer-leading drums. 

Yep stands will be empty until about 1 hr before the race when guys on Honda waves will flood in with their "free' tickets. 

• 2 weeks later...

Was in seven eleven yesterday and still have tickets for the Marquez stand and side stand.

Their screen was also showing Rossi stand available too (both these stands are next to each other- I was in the Marquez stand last year wearing a Rossi shirt lol).

Grandstand not available.

I think that the allocation for Grandstand ticket sales inside Thailand has been used up and those seats now reserved for international sales and possibly corporate reservation.

Have tickets for the Ducati stand this year. Being a Ducati owner I have access (bought a new bike in Thailand in 2017).

No need to aim for the grandstand.

I was in the Marquez stand last year and it was epic.

both Rossi and Marquez stopped in front of us after the race and gave respect to us all.

Archived