Notary (for US document) in Srisaket-Ubon area?

oobar

For whom/what purpose do you need the notarization? Thai government/company or US?

I ask because if for purposes in the US you have no option other than US Embassy AFAIK.

If it is for use in Thailand, depending on what it is for ,you may have to go through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or may be able to sue a notarial service attorney.

8 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

For whom/what purpose do you need the notarization? Thai government/company or US?

I ask because if for purposes in the US you have no option other than US Embassy AFAIK.

If it is for use in Thailand, depending on what it is for ,you may have to go through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or may be able to sue a notarial service attorney.

It's for the state of Arkansas, wanting my notarized signature that I will not hold them liable for any problems related to the recovery of stock certificates lost in a fire that gutted my attorney's office.  I have no idea what business it is of theirs, but they seem to be holding up what has already been a long, drawn-out process.  I may be able to get by with just a regular Thai attorney's notarization -- if I could find one.

5 minutes ago, oobar said:

It's for the state of Arkansas, wanting my notarized signature that I will not hold them liable for any problems related to the recovery of stock certificates lost in a fire that gutted my attorney's office.  I have no idea what business it is of theirs, but they seem to be holding up what has already been a long, drawn-out process.  I may be able to get by with just a regular Thai attorney's notarization -- if I could find one.

I am pretty sure for the State of Arkansas a Thai attorney notarization will be useless. they have no jurisdiction outside of Thailand.

You need to use the US Embassy notarization service  or else one of the e-notary services (lots of them listed online, I have no idea how reliable). Best to check first if Arkansas will accept e-notarization.

Otherwise ..https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/notaries-public/

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I am pretty sure for the State of Arkansas a Thai attorney notarization will be useless. they have no jurisdiction outside of Thailand.

I'm pretty sure you're right, but I am willing to try to use any kind of notary-type witness if he/she has something that looks like an official stamp.  In 1986, we became guardians of a Thai girl we took back to the States to attend high school.  At that time, we got a Thai official in Chaiyaphum to witness our signatures, which were then accepted by an Arkansas court for appointment of guardianship, even though the stamp was in Thai and not decipherable to the judge.  I'm looking for a similar considerate soul where we now live (rural Sisaket), but have had no luck.  I am fluent in Thai, but the officials I've contacted in this locality are afraid to put their names on a document they cannot readily understand.  If you have some kind of a stamp in your desk drawer, I would give you a try, Sheryl.  I do not want to spend thousands more baht on airfare and hotel to return to Bangkok just to visit the embassy.

Contact any local law office, they will usually be able to notarize. Whether they'll agree to do so for a document they don't understand is up to them though.

Or, go through one of the many online e-notary services.

Archived