Latest Update On Retirement Visa

eljuwa

I have read in this Forum that the U.S. Embassy in Kuala Lampur will sign an income affidavit can anyone provide details?

Now that is very interesting!

If true which sounds a bit doubtful would such a document be accepted by Thai immigration?

I wouldn't mind traveling to KL with benefits.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 3/10/2019 at 6:43 PM, Sophon said:

The agent applications for people who don't qualify are based on (fictive) money in the bank. When he goes back next year to do it himself, Immigration will check that he had the 800k in the bank for three months after the application and 400k after that. How do you suggest that he explains his inability to show this (or that he ever had 800k in the bank)?

With the new rules, once you use an agent for a fraudulent application you are pretty much locked into continuing to use an agent for all future applications. The only way out would be to break your string of extensions and start over with a new Non O visa (and hope that immigration never take a look at your previous agent aided application).

Sophon

There are, of course, agents that allow you to bypass all money on deposit in a Thai bank....however, not fictive money, but 800,00 Baht does arrive in your bank account for (1 second ?). Certainly not long enough for you to remove it. Some of these agents are former immigration employees, so the way is paved (paid) throughout the system. What I find interesting is that the banks are all in collusion and there is a paper trail that connects all. It is simply too big to bring down. Agreed, once you start with this type of agent you are locked in. In most cases these agents are now not taking new applicants, but maintain old clients for the last dozen (s) years. Hopefully the dust will settle after the election and we can return to a Thailand which is again semi free and easy.

3 minutes ago, Teak said:

In most cases these agents are now not taking new applicants, but maintain old clients for the last dozen (s) years. Hopefully the dust will settle after the election and we can return to a Thailand which is again semi free and easy.

Not true,

I can find you one for 25Kbht, no money, no bank accounts, and a legit VISA procured by the very highest legal sources in Chiang Mai.

1 minute ago, jonwilly said:

"Hopefully the dust will settle after the election and we can return to a Thailand which is again semi free and easy."

No offence but the Folk who cheated have Cooked our goose, for ever.

john

Nothing to do with those who have cheated put the blame where it lies and that is in the one's taking the payoffs at headquarters... now it is all about another way to make more payoffs wake up and see the way it works here.

26 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

Nothing to do with those who have cheated put the blame where it lies and that is in the one's taking the payoffs at headquarters... now it is all about another way to make more payoffs wake up and see the way it works here.

The corruption only exists because expats don't meet the financial requirement, or follow the procedures.

On 3/10/2019 at 8:07 PM, DonDoRondo said:

I was told by my agent that this year only, because of the implementation of the new requirements, one would be able to get by with 3 consecutive months of deposits before renewing, then next year it is 12 months. ..

That would make sense but unfortunately such guidance was not issued to IOs. Rather there was a vague instruction to be "lenient" with no parameters given as to what exactly would constitute acceptable vs excessive lenience. So, predicably, many IOs are making ni exceptions to the rules, which state 12 months.

OP:

1) Are you married to a Thai? If so you should apply for extension based on marriage, this requires only 40k/month income or 400K in bank

2) (f not, can you use the combo method? That requires whatever you put in the bank 800 k - (whatever monthly income you can document *12 ).

18 hours ago, BONGOMAN said:

Just got an update from a senior member that affidavit would only be useful in Penang to get an OA not in Thailand for an NON OA Retirement extension.

Still, that could work for this OP. He could go to Penang, get a new O-A visa and come back, meanwhile of course making the required 65k/month transfers into a Thai bank so that at end of year he can get an  extension.

4 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Still, that could work for this OP. He could go to Penang, get a new O-A visa and come back, meanwhile of course making the required 65k/month transfers into a Thai bank so that at end of year he can get an  extension.

The OP is from the US.

You can only obtain an O-A from your Country of nationality, or a Country where you have permanent residency.

On 3/12/2019 at 12:43 PM, Tanoshi said:

The corruption only exists because expats don't meet the financial requirement, or follow the procedures.

ridiculous they would simply find another way to make other's not meet the requirement... have you not figured out here that laws are tailored to revenue potential?  how long have you been here?

"Nothing to do with those who have cheated put the blame where it lies and that is in the one's taking the payoffs at headquarters... now it is all about another way to make more payoffs wake up and see the way it works here."

There is a thread about how poorly paid Thai Police are.

If Frangs tempt the poor then not surprising Corruption exists.

Oh I know about corruption, having lived here for 18 years and been a visitor since the 70's, married for 8 years in the 90's and as I say it's the Frangs who cheat who are the ones who have now caused our B800K to not be available on day visa is issued but locked up for 3 more months and B400K tied up forever.

Lock up the cheats, a night or 2 in CM police nick sorts out many problems.

john

I have my B800K but have found times when I want to use my money, Ta Much Cheaters.

Corruption has always and will always exist here.
In Thailand - and this was actually the reason why people loved it here - you where always able to find a way around regulations if it made life easier for some and a good profit for others.
Legal or illegal as long as no major crime was committed and nobody else got hurt there was always a way. Everybody involved benefited but you kept quite about it.

The problems started already years ago when some smart-ass very clever people started to post about how to circumvent the law on forums like this instead of keeping quite.

Boasting about their illegal activities for all to read publicly including the authorities. Thinking they are smarter than others and telling the world about it - they have caused these problems now for everybody.

In the old days and for under 50’s and not married back then there where ways to make your life easier renewing visas - but we would have never been so stupid and announce to the world how and where it’s done and alert the authorities.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, boonrawdcnx said:

but we would have never been so stupid and announce to the world how and where it’s done and alert the authorities.

Correct.  Where are these new people coming from that they can not understand that simple concept?

On 3/12/2019 at 1:00 PM, Sheryl said:

I thought a non-O visa can only be applied in home country?

What's difference between non-O and non-oA?

4 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I thought a non-O visa can only be applied in home country?

Or where you have permanent residency status.

5 minutes ago, EricTh said:

What's difference between non-O and non-oA?

A single entry Non Imm O Visa. Valid 3 months. Can be issued to those who are over 65 and in receipt of the 'state pension', or married to a Thai and intend to retire permanently in Thailand. On entry this Visa is ‘used’. Under the Immigration law you have permission to stay for 90 days. You can extend your 90 day permission to stay one time by 60 days (at Immigration) if married, for the purpose of visiting a Thai wife or child and the relationship is de jure and defacto.

A multi entry Non Imm O Visa. Valid 1 year. Can be issued to those who are 65 and over in receipt of the 'state pension' or married to a Thai, or have Thai family. This Visa allows unlimited 90 day entries before the ‘enter before’ date of the Visa, at which point this Visa is ‘used’. You cannot make 90 day reports at Immigration, you must leave and re-enter Thailand to obtain another 90 days permission to stay. You can extend each 90 day permission to stay one time by 60 days (at Immigration, 1,900 baht) for the purpose of visiting a Thai wife or child and the relationship is de jure and defacto.

If used correctly, you can stay in Thailand for almost 17 months with this Visa type with only 3 border crossings.

A multi entry Non Imm O-A Visa. (Long stay). Valid 1 year. Can be issued to those who are over 50 who intend to remain in Thailand for long periods. This Visa allows unlimited 1 year entries before the ‘enter before’ date of the Visa, at which point this Visa is ‘used’.

If you leave and re-enter just before the ‘enter before’ date of this Visa type you are granted another 1 year permission to stay. You will however require a re-entry permit if you intend to leave and re-enter Thailand during this 2nd year permission to stay period.

This is because when the Visa expires on the ‘enter before’ date, so does the ME facility which is only valid for the duration of the Visas validity (1 year)

If used correctly, you can stay in Thailand for almost 24 months with this Visa type.

Qualifying conditions vary between Embassies.

On March 14, 2562 BE at 10:21 AM, boonrawdcnx said:

Corruption has always and will always exist here.
In Thailand - and this was actually the reason why people loved it here - you where always able to find a way around regulations if it made life easier for some and a good profit for others.
Legal or illegal as long as no major crime was committed and nobody else got hurt there was always a way. Everybody involved benefited but you kept quite about it.

The problems started already years ago when some smart-ass very clever people started to post about how to circumvent the law on forums like this instead of keeping quite.

Boasting about their illegal activities for all to read publicly including the authorities. Thinking they are smarter than others and telling the world about it - they have caused these problems now for everybody.

In the old days and for under 50’s and not married back then there where ways to make your life easier renewing visas - but we would have never been so stupid and announce to the world how and where it’s done and alert the authorities.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Agree with what you say, but the corruption will simply continue at a higher price, those in authority that have benefited in the past will not be giving up their golden eggs, and of course the financial incentives will be required to enhance their positions.

Archived