Jump to content
BANGKOK 19 April 2019 17:20

Recommended Posts

How do I go about auctioning a mortgage-free property for which I can't find a buyer? Does it have to be done through a bank?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@john69

 

No idea but I do know the favourite pastime at Thai auctions is bidder collusion closely followed by bidder intimidation. Please take care to have a reserve price.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can't auction it yourself, as auctioning is a job that is reserved for Thai nationals only. What part of the country is the property in?

 

You will find that if you reduce the price by 10 per cent each week you will soon sell it. Property that is priced attractively soon sells.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An off topic comment has been removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Collingbournes in Pattaya do property  auctions. You could try marketing  an open day with offers, see what response you get

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, blackcab said:

You can't auction it yourself, as auctioning is a job that is reserved for Thai nationals only. What part of the country is the property in?

 

You will find that if you reduce the price by 10 per cent each week you will soon sell it. Property that is priced attractively soon sells.

Thanks, blackcap. The property is near Sattahip. I didn't know only Thai nationals can do auctions. 

Edited by john69
grammatical issues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, baansgr said:

Collingbournes in Pattaya do property  auctions. You could try marketing  an open day with offers, see what response you get

Thanks, Baansgr! I wasn't aware that Collingbournes auctions houses. We will contact them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2019 at 6:11 AM, baansgr said:

Collingbournes in Pattaya do property  auctions. You could try marketing  an open day with offers, see what response you get

Collinbournes and who else in Pattaya ?    the owner disappeared and the judge decided to put the condo up for auction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2019 at 9:45 AM, john69 said:

Thanks, blackcap. The property is near Sattahip. I didn't know only Thai nationals can do auctions. 

have you tried marketing in the Navy base.... Also Search magazine in Sattahip is good and all in Thai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2019 at 6:50 AM, baansgr said:

have you tried marketing in the Navy base.... Also Search magazine in Sattahip is good and all in Thai

Thanks baansgr. Do you mean that Navy people may be interested in such a property?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...