Does your Thai wife support your long-term stay in Thailand to support your family?

connda

3 hours ago, inThailand said:

immigration policies will affect them, until the money train stops. 

Exactly .... trying to explain and hoping it’s understood doesn’t happen for me very often. A lot of it is lack of education.

Not faulting her just wish overall education was important. To give

all children the opportunity to go to school at least 12 grade.

No I always must support here yesterday she told me after 8 year together

Next year you must invite my wholes family to Europe’s to see your homecountry must pay airplane for all my lovley Falang... some say in my country , if you give only the small finger for a handshake the want your whole hand !

Gesendet von iPhone mit Thaivisa Connect

It's fair enough to demand proof of being self-supported from foreigners that are not under any international refuge convention; many, if not most, countries do similar, and some are even harder than Thailand, and compared to foreign women in Thailand much harder in some European countries.

And in reply to the OP-question:

Does your Thai wife support your long-term stay in Thailand to support your family?

If a Thai GF for 15 years can equal a wife – which she normally can after Thai tradition – then YES, my lovely GF would do anything she could for me remain in LoS, also financially...????

my thai wife support me good, if have visa problem she go to immigration and ask all, if have money problem, not have in bank 400 000 B she go to bank and take loan i can stay in home, im marry 3 year and together have at 8-9 year, and IF immigration fight me out country i no can support wife and son anythink ,up to you if coverment no want keep me in thailand i no can keep care my wife and son too. thailand problem not me. same many married falang have, if coverment kick to out country many pension and marry falang not can support wife,childrens,family,busines,car loans,house loans etc. many thai have big problem if falang kicket out country, many busines,many live,many loan. immigration have stupid not understand this and help visa system at marry falang and him family.

19 hours ago, roo860 said:

Do you mean 400,000bt deposit or 40,000bt monthly income? Neither has changed?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Only two corrections to the OP: 1) also men, married to a Thai or not, can apply for Thai citizenship, or PR after 3 years of residence, provided they meet all the qualifications. 2) men married to Thai women enjoy some privilages, at least as far as the financial requirements, or the fees required for PR.

Quite frankly, I have been very happily married to a Thai woman for nearly 30 years and when I read some of the letters to TV, referring to Thai women, I start justifying the attitude of the Thai government. Expats who think that negatively about their wives or GF should leave Thailand voluntarily or otherwise.

If on a married visa that's the case,  but many of us chose the retirement monthly income route. Not being able to get an embassy letter has beggered it for many.

If they have the income, then nothing has changed, only got to show it coming in to your Thai bank, then spend it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Both my wife and I have never given it any thought, although I know her preference would be to live in my old country, but she knows life would be a little tougher.

Although living here permanently if I can use that word loosely, on marriage extensions for the past 3 years, we look at it like this, we moved here to be on a permanent holiday away from the western world and the skyscrapers. 

Yes we live in a village in a big house, there are issues with smoke burning every now and again, but it is what it is, the cost of living here is cheap.

If the Thai government ever said time for farangs to leave Thailand, my wife and two daughter have citizenship to the old country, so we would be on the next plane out, her two sons would accompany us on tourist visas, then apply for citizenship in the old country.

It helps to have some spare change for situations that may arise unexpectedly.

As for living in the old country, don't know how long that would be for, probably until one found another cheaper alternative, maybe Portugol....lol

20 hours ago, totally thaied up said:

My wife hates the Government. She hates the fact that I am here on extensions and there is nothing permanent about it. She knows little can be done about it but when it comes to extension time and she gets all the paperwork ready and we pay the agents, she just sighs and shakes her head. She sees the thousands of dollars I burn every year on health insurance when she says there should be something better for us. She tells me there should be an easier path but there is not to PR.

We are coming to an election where little will change and the likelihood of us husbands ever having a say in anything is zero. We had dinner about a week ago with some friends one night and a few of the guys got drunk. I don't drink and the wives had to come in and stop them from drinking further and when we got home, the wife told me this is the stereotype farang that most Thai girls get told about and that we need to be careful of our actions because other people are watching and that is how a lot of this started. I fear the government sees this stereotyping. With how the Immigration policy has changed lately, nothing is safe and they only want minted people here. My wife is working right now, late Sunday evening so we can earn some extra money for the month. That is just how it is for us.

At the least, my wife is against the Thai policy and would like to see change.

I’m a little curious- if you’re slightly short on money, why use an agent? 

In answer to your question the situation is rarely discussed because I/We don’t see it as an issue including the recent changes which don’t cause me a problem as I have been complying with the financial requirements since the day I arrived years ago.

The way I tend to look at the situation is that if I was a 50 year old Thai male with an income of 800,000 baht per annum I couldn’t fly to Australia and live there indefinitely as I can here.

3 hours ago, Sandman77 said:

No I always must support here yesterday she told me after 8 year together

Next year you must invite my wholes family to Europe’s to see your homecountry must pay airplane for all my lovley Falang... some say in my country , if you give only the small finger for a handshake the want your whole hand !

Gesendet von iPhone mit Thaivisa Connect

with respect Sandman, could you not refuse her requests, or are you relying on her co-operation for a marriage visa?

2 hours ago, finnishmen said:

my thai wife support me good, if have visa problem she go to immigration and ask all, if have money problem, not have in bank 400 000 B she go to bank and take loan i can stay in home, im marry 3 year and together have at 8-9 year, and IF immigration fight me out country i no can support wife and son anythink ,up to you if government no want keep me in thailand i no can keep care my wife and son too. thailand problem not me

Understand you are not a native english speaker . 

How are you supporting your wife now?  You say wife supports you!   You say if you have to go back to your country you cannot support your wife or son,  is that because you are retired and on fixed pension and live here in your wife's house?   

Good luck to you

great points you make and would like to add some of my worries, it appears the married to a Thai lady visa may has much less worries than the ones married to a foreigner, both living here and on a retirement visa/extension of stay. Why is that the Thai government allow us (on the extension of stay) to buy property, by a car, a moto, etc., in other words why they let us invest money here and when we less expect it they can kick us out without any explanation, why they don't allow us to stay long enough to get rid of our investments, why once they decided to come after you for one reason or another (they really don't need a reason, they just come) and find any BS to write a citation, baseless citations because they THINK you are doing something wrong, no proof but since they have the power to assume they do and we find ourselves in the middle of a potential extortion/black mail, what does the law say about the time frame to be expelled

Well please forgive my being blunt, but your missus sounds like a real doozy! What a ridiculous stand and side for her to take. :1zgarz5:

Mine despises the Thai government and all policies that make it more difficult for us philanthropists to stay. Most (and very nearly ALL) Thais associated with us foreign "invaders" have such an increased quality of life and well being...so much so...that my wife says your wife should be ashamed and that she should apologize to you. (and us!) 

My wife is the exact opposite of yours. She thinks most western foreigners are well intended and overall good...and that it's the Thais whom to be wary of, including aberrant behavior, violence scheming and general no good. I totally agree. 

Feel for ya bro...

My Thai honey doesn't care, as long as the Sin sot is BIG$$$$$$$....and I pay to support the entire family, this is my problem.  As for fairness and equality male versus female, he position, NOT my problem.  

Archived