Bum gun

edwardandtubs

So, I have to explain to my landlady that my bum gun is broken but the only Thai expression I can find is อุปกรณ์ชำระล้างก้น which translates as equipment to clean your arse. I was hoping for something a bit more subtle. Any ideas?

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Easy and simple:

Take several smartphone photos which display the fault / broken part etc., and show her, also print the photos for her to take away.

Or just replace it yourself ,so cheap n easy to buy from any hardware.

4 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Easy and simple:

Take several smartphone photos which display the fault / broken part etc., and show her, also print the photos for her to take away.

Take a selfie of your dirty bum as well.   LOL

4 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Easy and simple:

Thanks but I posted this in the language forum because I actually want to know the word. I don't need blatantly obvious alternative suggestions.

2 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Thanks but I posted this in the language forum because I actually want to know the word. I don't need blatantly obvious alternative suggestions.

Guess I know why it’s broken then!

Bum gun literally is ปืน ก้น (pern gon). I suggest you point towards your room then point at your arse as you say "nai hong naam pern gon kaput kap". (In toilet bum gun kaput.)

It's not subtle, and I'm sure it's not great Thai, but it might get a laugh.

สายชำระ will do

ชำระ literally means to clarify or to pay, it is close enough to 'clean' that it is used euphemistically to refer to arse cleaning

tissue paper (rolls) กระดาษชำระ

ชำระล้าง is a phrase for to wash and clean

Wonderful response!
ชำระ means to wash using water here.
ฉีด is a transitive verb with an approximate meaning of squirt, as seen in ฉีดยา. As we all know, grammar is very flexible in Thai as seen in the ‘spoken’ form, ที่ฉีดตูด (something) which squirts anus, where liquid is the object of the verb and ตูด is the topic.
I am not sure whether I should say that ตูด can be a topic without making a Thai-like assumption that hygiene or sanitation relative to ตูด is the topic.
Incidentally the link posted by katana has all the info needed such as explaining that is more hygienic than bucket with dipper on the floor of the loo.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Archived