Monitor Won't Turn On , Suggestions on where to take it

krey

If it is not under warranty, then try computer plazas on northwest part of moat. I've seen some repair shops there.

But I think the repair charge might be more expensive than buying a new one....

23 minutes ago, EricTh said:

If it is not under warranty, then try computer plazas on northwest part of moat. I've seen some repair shops there.

But I think the repair charge might be more expensive than buying a new one....

naa its not under warranty ,

I looked at the manual for this display (available on the LG website).

This monitor has a power indicator light that will display as blue if it thinks it is running normally.  This light will be red if the monitor is in sleep mode.

Is the indicator light on when you turn this monitor on?

If that light is not on, then check that the power converter module is providing the correct current to the monitor.  You most likely don't have a multi-meter or a test lamp so you may have to take the power converter to a shop to have it tested.  If the converter fails the test buy or borrow one to see if the problem is now fixed.  Generally the details of the power required are printed on either the converter or on the screen near where the power cord is connected to it.  There are many different types of connectors for the power converter so make sure you have one that matches the original connector.  Also be aware of the polarity of the replacement power connector and that it also matches the original.

If the light is blue, then probably the screen is correctly powered.  At this point the most likely reason the screen remains black is that the backlight bulb is burned out.  This is an inexpensive repair to make IF you can find some shop that sells the correct bulb.

Good luck with it.

13 hours ago, amexpat said:

Try the Amorn repair shop behind Icon Plaza on the northern moat road.

I've taken one of my monitors to Amorn (Samsung - out of warranty) twice now when it would not turn on. They repaired it both times. The first time it only cost 200 Baht and the next time it was about 450 Baht as I recall. Had to wait about 10 days for a part that time. Has been working fine for about 18 months now. In years past they also repaired my ViewSonic monitor when it would not power on.

12 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

I looked at the manual for this display (available on the LG website).

This monitor has a power indicator light that will display as blue if it thinks it is running normally.  This light will be red if the monitor is in sleep mode.

Is the indicator light on when you turn this monitor on?

If that light is not on, then check that the power converter module is providing the correct current to the monitor.  You most likely don't have a multi-meter or a test lamp so you may have to take the power converter to a shop to have it tested.  If the converter fails the test buy or borrow one to see if the problem is now fixed.  Generally the details of the power required are printed on either the converter or on the screen near where the power cord is connected to it.  There are many different types of connectors for the power converter so make sure you have one that matches the original connector.  Also be aware of the polarity of the replacement power connector and that it also matches the original.

If the light is blue, then probably the screen is correctly powered.  At this point the most likely reason the screen remains black is that the backlight bulb is burned out.  This is an inexpensive repair to make IF you can find some shop that sells the correct bulb.

Good luck with it.

there is no lights at all and I actually have a working monitor of the same type, so I exchanged power adapters with the working monitor but it did not matter, both power adapters work on the good monitor  thanks for the advice

Archived