Stop at Cambodia border

It says you were denied entry under section 12 (2) of the immigration act.

Having no appropriate means of living following entrance into the Kingdom”

Which crossing we’re you denied at, was it Poipet/Aranya?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Essecola said:

Amazing that there are actually border hop companies that go to Poipet

Not any more. The last border run companies to use Poipet switched to other crossings over a year ago. The necessary bribes at Poipet became unaffordable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you are still in that area, you can take a bus or shared-taxi to Battambang, then another shared-taxi through Pallin to the Ban Laem entry point, where entry is possible.  Flying in would be dangerous.

Though they don't usually ask at Ban Laem, it is best to always have the required cash to show.  If entering with a Tourist Visa, you could be asked to show 20K Baht worth of cash or travelers checks.  It's only 10K needed if entering Visa-Exempt. 

Even better, cash + online hotel booking (printed out), plus proof of a flight out.  The flight out should be within 30-days of entry if entering visa exempt, or 60-days if entering with a Tourist Visa.  Cherry on top - print out an online bank-statement showing even more money in your passport-country account  - though this does not replace the need for the cash-in-hand.

They usually ask for none of this there (though they always could) - I primarily add this because of the fresh "rejected" entry they put in your passport, and in their immigration-database.  If they ask why you were rejected, best to say you don't understand what the problem was, but you have the required money (show money at this point).

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, JackThompson said:

If you are still in that area, you can take a bus or shared-taxi to Battambang, then another shared-taxi through Pallin to the Ban Laem entry point, where entry is possible.  Flying in would be dangerous.

Though they don't usually ask at Ban Laem, it is best to always have the required cash to show.  If entering with a Tourist Visa, you could be asked to show 20K Baht worth of cash or travelers checks.  It's only 10K needed if entering Visa-Exempt. 

Even better, cash + online hotel booking (printed out), plus proof of a flight out.  The flight out should be within 30-days of entry if entering visa exempt, or 60-days if entering with a Tourist Visa.  Cherry on top - print out an online bank-statement showing even more money in your passport-country account  - though this does not replace the need for the cash-in-hand.

They usually ask for none of this there (though they always could) - I primarily add this because of the fresh "rejected" entry they put in your passport, and in their immigration-database.  If they ask why you were rejected, best to say you don't understand what the problem was, but you have the required money (show money at this point).

No, these two border will not stamp a denied entry and cancelled Cambodian stamp back into Thailand. These times are over, either get a visa in Phnom Penh or fly IN (at a very high risk). 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, visarunner said:

No, these two border will not stamp a denied entry and cancelled Cambodian stamp back into Thailand. These times are over, either get a visa in Phnom Penh or fly IN (at a very high risk). 

Wouldn't it then be better to go to Laos and get the visa there? I don't think the embassy in Phnom Penh would like the denial of entry stamp either.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, visarunner said:

Then perhaps a better option is to go north to the Chong Chom crossing to Surin. There are taxis, vans and buses from Siem Reap going to there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, visarunner said:

When did that change?  Last couple months? 

I know you have experience - not saying you are wrong. 

Seems a Visa in PP would require a new passport from his embassy there.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2019 at 2:14 AM, elviajero said:

It says you were denied entry under section 12 (2) of the immigration act.

Having no appropriate means of living following entrance into the Kingdom”

Which crossing we’re you denied at, was it Poipet/Aranya?

Surprised you could read the denied entry part but not where it says "Aranyaprathet".

Thanks everyone for answers .

They try to get visa from Phnom Phen Thai embassy.
But visa was refused.

So as I understand from recommendations before they can try another border to go inside Thailand with 30 days stamp .

Also they have idea to try get Thai visa from Laos. But I’m not sure that have any chance after visa was refused at Thai embassy Cambodia. Or ?

IMG_2445.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If this will be the first SETV from Vientiane in the passport, I believe an application for a visa there would still succeed. Further, attempting to enter visa exempt at the Friendship Bridge at Nong Khai is likely to be successful in the event the visa in Vientiane was rejected. The problem is that an appointment slot in Vientiane to apply for a visa will likely not be available at short notice. Thus, it is probably best to head to Savannakhet for the visa. Entering visa exempt at Mukdahan is usually also trouble free.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I do not know why they tried to get a TR Visa after that last stamp - at one of the worst Thai consulates in the world - or why anyone would suggest they try there, unless completely clueless as to the situation.   A quick hop over to a decent border-post, and likely no problem entering (based on all reports I've read here to-date).  Worst case, turned away, but without any "formal rejection of entry" crap like Aranya/Poipet.

Unless there are pressing-reasons to return to Thailand, I'd find a nice place to hang out in a country with a welcoming immigration system (Cambodia, Vietnam, or The PI - just in the region), and apply for a new passport from ones embassy there, before bothering with Thailand, again.

Malaysia does not allow repeat-tourism, but a 90-day stamp upon-entry (available to Americans and most Europeans) would provide enough time to get a new passport from one's embassy, after which one could get a TR Visa from KL, Penang, or Kota Bahru. 

(Assuming one is not from a country which is completely dysfunctional, and takes months to issue passports)

Short of a new passport - yes - could try in Savannakhet Laos - no harm in trying, other than travel-time/money.  If that fails, could try entering visa exempt from Laos - the "Friendship Bridge" entry-point to Mudkahan is generally friendly - though not as well-tested as the one to Nong Khai, in terms of ignoring bs stamps/visas from crazy consulates and entry points.  That passport is pushing the limits, though.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Myself and two friends also received this same stamp in our passports from Poipet border crossing. After a long struggle, we came back into Thailand through Padang Besar border crossing. We will be needing to do a border run soon, what are our options with this stamp in our passports? This stamp seems to be a serious problem! 

On 3/11/2019 at 4:52 AM, BritTim said:

Let me guess. You were trying to enter Thailand via the Poipet/Aranyaprathet crossing. It has been well known for at least the last three years that trying to enter Thailand there is akin to Russian roulette. I bet they also told you that you must fly back to Thailand. They do this because they have have friends in the Bangkok airports who have the power to force you back to your home country. (The correct procedure, after making the mistake of trying to enter by Poipet, is just to use any other land crossing.)

Russian Roulette..lol The OP seems to be Russian when you look at the passport. How did you know?

On 3/15/2019 at 9:24 AM, JackThompson said:

I do not know why they tried to get a TR Visa after that last stamp - at one of the worst Thai consulates in the world - or why anyone would suggest they try there, unless completely clueless as to the situation.   A quick hop over to a decent border-post, and likely no problem entering (based on all reports I've read here to-date).  Worst case, turned away, but without any "formal rejection of entry" <deleted> like Aranya/Poipet.

Unless there are pressing-reasons to return to Thailand, I'd find a nice place to hang out in a country with a welcoming immigration system (Cambodia, Vietnam, or The PI - just in the region), and apply for a new passport from ones embassy there, before bothering with Thailand, again.

Malaysia does not allow repeat-tourism, but a 90-day stamp upon-entry (available to Americans and most Europeans) would provide enough time to get a new passport from one's embassy, after which one could get a TR Visa from KL, Penang, or Kota Bahru. 

(Assuming one is not from a country which is completely dysfunctional, and takes months to issue passports)

Short of a new passport - yes - could try in Savannakhet Laos - no harm in trying, other than travel-time/money.  If that fails, could try entering visa exempt from Laos - the "Friendship Bridge" entry-point to Mudkahan is generally friendly - though not as well-tested as the one to Nong Khai, in terms of ignoring bs stamps/visas from crazy consulates and entry points.  That passport is pushing the limits, though.

I'd have thought that the passport with the owner are pushing the limits now. 

10 minutes ago, Shano said:

Unfortunately the country we come from is not safe for us to live in, so we have to put up with the BS and find solutions to these problems.

The biggest problem must be cash. And not too many jobs are for foreigners.

If it's not having enough money, they'll use another excuse to deny you. It's a war you can't win and the times of overstay are over. 

It's a weird world and an even weirder country. 

1 hour ago, Shano said:

Myself and two friends also received this same stamp in our passports from Poipet border crossing. After a long struggle, we came back into Thailand through Padang Besar border crossing. We will be needing to do a border run soon, what are our options with this stamp in our passports? This stamp seems to be a serious problem! 

1 hour ago, Ron jeremy said:

I simply can't beleive the BS people are putting up with

I simply can't believe such people are on holiday here as tourists.... 

• Like 1