Drilling well in Surin Province. Tips?

SurinMel

I will be building a house on my Thai wife's family land in Surin Province, near Rattanaburi. I plan to make my first task the drilling of a deep well to get a reliable supply of clean water.

It is my understanding that you need to go something like 100 meters down to achieve this. 

Has anyone in this forum done this?

100 meters sounds excessive to me but obviously every location could be different. About 80km from you, a friend had a 38m hole dug last week and all seems well (pun intended).

My advice is get a good lawyer to ensure the title papers are correct with no outstanding debts out, on the land. Build where you want to live & not just where your getting free land. Lots of experience within Surin province in the source mentioned previously in other thread.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in Roi - et though and drilling is seem to be a lot of work will be invole. The water is not that clean either. 

It is the normal solution for Isaan as it’s not too expensive.

Like I said above the water quality varies upon each location & filtration options.

5 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

My advice is get a good lawyer to ensure the title papers are correct with no outstanding debts out, on the land. Build where you want to live & not just where your getting free land. Lots of experience within Surin province in the source mentioned previously in other thread.

Not good advice.

If the OP thinks this is really necessary then the he has clearly married the wrong woman. What a terrible way to have to live...to need a lawyer to check up on things.

Good luck with your build @SurinMel

We had two wells put in one at cow farm and one at our house. 

Check around should be a local person/company can set up for you.

If I recall correctly the pump/set-up and drilling was total 12,000 baht each. You’ll have to get electric put in unless you already have it. 

That takes a couple of days depending when PEI comes out to check set-up we had temporary set-up until the house was finished.

FCF4463C-3C51-469A-889F-3925B021A760.jpeg

Ours was drilled 35m. First driller failed to find water (not sure how far down he went) and, surprisingly to me, was as good as his no water/no cost claim. Second guy found water at 35m and charged about 15,000 eight years ago.

Worked like a charm until 3 weeks ago - went dry, but no surprise to me (driest September/October I've seen here and all local huais are at record lows). Just hope our village supply is drilled very deep and holds out til rainy season. My best guess is it will not!

Hoping that the supply to my well returns in rainy season - will need walls and trees knocking down to get a driller back in. Should have thought of that possibility when the garden designer did his work

6 hours ago, DJ54 said:

If I recall correctly the pump/set-up and drilling was total 12,000 baht each.

Cost is for shallow wells, those pumps will not lift from a "deep well" that the OP wants to drill, how deep are they?

You need a submersible pump for a "deep well".

I am on the border Surin/Buriram/Cambodia. Our house has a 6" well 50 mt's deep ( 2" pipe down well), drilled 13 years ago costing 12,000 baht it has never run dry supplying 3 houses (submersible pump).

My wife's shop has a standard 2"/50mm well 25 mt's deep (25mm pipe down well), it has run dry 3 time over the last 12 years. Last week was the third time. A well driller has offered to drill a new 2" well for 3500 baht (I pay for the PVC pipe).

Not good advice.  

If the OP thinks this is really necessary then the he has clearly married the wrong woman. What a terrible way to have to live...to need a lawyer to check up on things.

Good luck with your build [mention=303909]SurinMel[/mention]

Just as an example, how would his wife have known what happened within her family/land plots before she was born???

Example 2- there are a lot of parcels of land across Isaan that doesn’t have proper legal papers for ownership.

In my time living here, I’ve seen both problem arisen (on separate instances).

1 hour ago, DILLIGAD said:

Just as an example, how would his wife have known what happened within her family/land plots before she was born???

Example 2- there are a lot of parcels of land across Isaan that doesn’t have proper legal papers for ownership.

In my time living here, I’ve seen both problem arisen (on separate instances).

From my experiences here, land with the correct papers in rural areas is indeed a rarity, wife's parents are in their 70s and still trying to get land papers in order, been going on for many years! & no way would I live on land close to relatives - recipe for disaster IMO :goof:

8 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

All deals done on the land previously will be listed on the back of the land deed. If his wife can read then she will know.

If there is an outstanding loan from a money lender or loan shark then the land deed will be with them and unavailable for scrutiny.

No need for a lawyer to check. 

The guys who have been drilling in your area for years will know how deep you need to go.

Have your wife talk to the neighbours.

In my case building a home near my Thai family has been a great move, mother in law is very supportive, we all pull together in the family unit.

The land for our modest house was a wedding gift from my generous mother law ????

• 4 weeks later...

You can have solar water pumps installed in Surin by several companies. Certainly worth the time of the OP to meet in person and speak to a native UK English speaker at the Buriram Builders Merchants Expo the next few days in Buriram. Whole House solar, solar exterior security lights, solar hot water heaters, deep well submersible pumps, both solar or ac are on show with English speakers to explain options. 

Buriram Solar Power English Speaking Technician.jpg

Buriram Home Building Expo Open Day Sale 2019.jpg

Buriram Hitachi Deep Well Pump Sale price.jpg

Confusion between Underground water ( deep well) Artesian and shallow well surface !!!! Thailand have an régulation about this subject if you want to drill over -15 m you have to request the permission to drill and exploite water maximum permited is 4" diameter and 10 m3/day for residential position please look here  http://www.krisdika.go.th/wps/wcm/connect/93a892004e2b8774998bfb798fdc4669/Groundwater+Act%2C+B.E.2520+(1977).pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=93a892004e2b8774998bfb798fdc4669

more here Department of Groundwater Resources

http://gcl.dgr.go.th/

The same office in Buriram or Surin where you would obtain the free chain saw permit is the office where they have the application to drill a deep well of a certain size. In Buriram that office is in the same building as Anti Corruption and Thai Immigration. I'll go on record that the 4000 baht Chinese submersible well pumps are not the same quality and longevity as a made in the USA or made in Mexico pump. The talent and experience of the well installer does impact your experience in Thailand. Solar deep well submersible well pumps are readily available in most provinces in Thailand. A water pump can last over 10 years and should cost more than your daughters last Vivo or Huawei mobile telephone. 

Buriram Submersible Deep Well Water Pump Installer 2019.jpg

Archived