Will Asian airlines allow female flight attendants to leave the make up and tight clothes at home?

webfact

Will Asian airlines allow female flight attendants to leave the make up and tight clothes at home?

By The Thaiger

airasia.jpg

Some regional airlines, principally AirAsia and Vietnam’s VietJet Air are being criticised for putting young female flight attendants in tight-fitting clothes or revealing outfits either on the job or in promotional videos.

The local online ‘outrage’ follows an announcement this week that Britain’s Virgin Atlantic has dropped a requirement that female flight attendants wear makeup. This sees Virgin join other major carriers that have eased their dress and grooming requirements after complaints about turning female employees into sex objects.

Just over a year ago, two Malaysian ruling party lawmakers chided the homegrown low-cost airlines AirAsia and Firefly for dressing their stewardesses in uniforms that are “too revealing”.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/regional/will-asian-airlines-allow-female-flight-attendants-to-leave-the-make-up-and-tight-clothes-at-home

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-03-11
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

While missing the point that sex sells.

The stewardesses aren't forced to work for a particular airline.

If they were unhappy wearing the uniform they could seek to work elsewhere, although I'm sure they knew the policy when they accepted the position.

You think that the Malaysian lawmakers were missing the point rather than you, pfft.

Vietjet Airline comes close, the owner is a female billionaire:

"Nguyen Thi Phuong Thao, a mega-successful Vietnamese entrepreneur who is set to become one of the world's richest people, thanks to her brilliant idea of staffing an airline with bikini-clad babes."

image.png.b28992e40fd16222f06580f711df24f3.png

The ones in the middle are quite worthy. Gawking at those would easily take 3-4h away from the boredom that flying is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

While missing the point that sex sells.

The stewardesses aren't forced to work for a particular airline.

If they were unhappy wearing the uniform they could seek to work elsewhere, although I'm sure they knew the policy when they accepted the position.

You think that the Malaysian lawmakers were missing the point rather than you, pfft.

Absolutely. I am unanimous in that, pfft.

16 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

I don't understand the question.

Most women won't leave home without a proper make up or special clothes. 

Yes, its sooooo complicated.  At present they must wear make up and tight uniforms, the question being will they be allowed not to wear these things.

Flying the flag for ladyboys: Thai airline takes on transgender flight attendants

Boss of PC Air hires transgender cabin crew and says he wants Thailand to give more rights to 'members of the third sex'

Her eyelashes, and her stockinged legs, are long enough to warrant a double-take from passengers on board. It may seem a form of harassment to others, but Thai flight attendant Punthakarn Sringern, 25, relishes the attention.

PC-Air-ladyboy-trabbnssex-007.jpg

4 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:
26 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

I don't understand the question.

Most women won't leave home without a proper make up or special clothes. 

Yes, its sooooo complicated.  At present they must wear make up and tight uniforms, the question being will they be allowed not to wear these things.

sense of humour failure:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sense of humour failure

1 minute ago, mike787 said:

fine don't.  Just hire my grandmother and see what happens to your profit margin...I won't fly with them.  I pay so much for that ticket just like I pay for my beer....To see SEXY!  Not for drinking beer that tastes like urine, or stuffed in a crammed seat for hours.

Although they do say that beauty is in the eye of the beerholder...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, fforest1 said:

Yea I miss the middle aged over weight unattractive cows that work as stewardess on the western airlines.... 

....which makes this excerpt from the article rather baffling.

[Objectification of women is still an issue at U.S. carriers. Last year, a US flight attendant union said its survey indicated that nearly two-thirds of U.S. flight attendants suffered harassment during their careers, ranging from suggestive comments to groping.]

So if most flight attendants are getting harassed anyway, why not let them look good!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

When I select an airline, it has to include good looking petite Asian flight attendants as I need eye-candy to soothe my nerves while inflight. 

Asian eye candy

Allow me to interrupt the regularly scheduled program to opine that this girl is particularly hot.  Ok, as you were. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1