Video: Brake failure again: 18 injured as pick-up goes through red light

webfact

S and S: Speed and Stupidity.

The white pickup, overloaded with an estimated 2,700 pounds of human cargo, was quite obviously speeding to rush to the concert and paid no heed to the safe ride of the cargo. Stupid !

I repeat, S and S.

Thank goodness, by quirk, the human cargo all got up and walked away, some limping.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

I should have wrote "civilised Europe" ... I only thought that went on in places in the US where people play duelling banjos?

Someone has to ride in the back and keep the bottles of moonshine from banging against each other.  And migrant workers need a place to sit.

And despite all these brake brain failure crashes, Government and the RTP sit on their collective butts DOING NOTHING to change the situation! They either don't care (elitists rarely suffer in these crashes - why would we "care"?) or they are so dumb through not knowing what to do about reducing these crashes. ????

Stupidity knows no bounds!

In the 'other newspaper' it was announced that riding in the back of a pickup is OK as long as safety is ensured!!  There are a number of bodies scattered about the street who may have a different view and may have second thoughts about doing so in the future.

It appears that there is a golden opportunity to open a 'brake shop' here in the LOS!

Yep brake failure...

Obviously explains why he was doing Mach I down the centre lane attempting the jump into Hyper space for light speed... You would think having a load of kids in the back  he would have been taking a bit of care... Oh wait this is Thailand, what am I saying... nothing to see here, normal day on Los roads - next!

30 minutes ago, Aussie999 said:

Brake "failure" more BS, vehicles have 2 brake circuits, one for front brakes, one for rear brakes, this <deleted> did NOT apply brakes. And let's not forget the hand/EMERGENCY brake.

Sigh, no ... they have one for the front left and hind right wheel and one for the front right and hind left wheel ...

And it does not matter, or do you think the investigators of the accident believe the drivers bullshit? if you believe so you are delusional.

On 3/11/2019 at 9:04 PM, AlexRich said:

I should have wrote "civilised Europe" ... I only thought that went on in places in the US where people play duelling banjos?

Very interesting topic. Please explain to me how Europe is "Civilized?"

On 3/11/2019 at 12:01 PM, steve187 said:

so at every green light we have to slow down and be prepared to stop, just in case some dick, to or harry decides not to stop at a red light, traffic all over the country would grind to a halt.

and then you say 

one should always slow down for traffic lights and all junctions...this is what I was taught when learning to drive. And also make sure it is safe to proceed this applies more so in the country !!! Traffic lights shoule be the same as in the UK  RED then red and amber the green

White pick-up totally in the wrong obviously. (Brake failure, my arse)

Black pick-up did not perform the check to see if any vehicle was coming. This is understandable but sadly necessary in Thailand. So, a defensive driving fail.

The two bikes behind the black pick-up did perform the check to see if any vehicle was failing to stop at the red light. They saw such a vehicle. They stopped. They saved their lives as a result.

1 hour ago, Briggsy said:

White pick-up totally in the wrong obviously. (Brake failure, my arse)

Black pick-up did not perform the check to see if any vehicle was coming. This is understandable but sadly necessary in Thailand. So, a defensive driving fail.

The two bikes behind the black pick-up did perform the check to see if any vehicle was failing to stop at the red light. They saw such a vehicle. They stopped. They saved their lives as a result.

if i get the chance, i do the opposite and block

the red light jumpers

7 hours ago, brokenbone said:

if i am first in the cue, i will at green light speed up and stop to block the red light jumpers with my bike

Red light jumpers from which direction? From the same direction you are travelling or from 90 degrees to the direction you are travelling?

I am still confused as to what you are trying to express.

On 3/11/2019 at 2:39 PM, Chassa said:

I think all cars these days have a dual braking system, that means that you can only lose half the cars braking system, No such thing as total failure that combined with computer controlled anti-lockup makes all these 'brake failure' seem pretty poor!

of course it is.....having been driving for nearly 50 yrs any vehicle I have driven I have NEVER EVER HAD BRAKE FAILURE and IF I HAD I KNOW WHAT TO DO.....Thais HAVE NO IDEA what to do !!

Am i the only one who doesn't see any traffic light in the video? The article says he ran a red light, but to me it looks like there is none.

So the black pickup is at fault because he crossed the white pickup's lane.

The white pickup should of course have slowed down while approaching the u-turn.

Archived