Video: Brake failure again: 18 injured as pick-up goes through red light

webfact

On 3/11/2019 at 12:04 PM, 4MyEgo said:

Mate, do as you like, I personally do not put my life in the hands of a green light.

How many people have been killed by other drivers running the red around the world, suffice to say, one needs to proceed with caution, but up to you as the Thai's say, works for me, saved me on many occasions, remember half the Thai's here are not licensed or registered or insured, so need to take extra care IMO, just saying, but go green without care if you like, no skin of me ????

It's called defensive driving technique.  You can learn it as a life skill or be taught it on advanced driving skills courses.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/14/2019 at 6:32 AM, Enki said:

Sigh, no ... they have one for the front left and hind right wheel and one for the front right and hind left wheel ...

And it does not matter, or do you think the investigators of the accident believe the drivers bullshit? if you believe so you are delusional.

investigators of the accident - you jest of course or are you delusional. 

The investigation was over immediately the BIB arrived - Bht 500 clinched the deal - brake failure. 

15 hours ago, jackdd said:

Am i the only one who doesn't see any traffic light in the video? The article says he ran a red light, but to me it looks like there is none.

So the black pickup is at fault because he crossed the white pickup's lane.

The white pickup should of course have slowed down while approaching the u-turn.

seems the headline editor is about as smart as the black pickup driver - didn't look.

10 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

It's called defensive driving technique.  You can learn it as a life skill or be taught it on advanced driving skills courses.

I call it commonsense, gotta have your wits about when your out there, especially if your ride a big bike, giddy up...........!!!!

On 3/12/2019 at 2:08 AM, Redline said:

So, where is the social media outrage about deaths on the road?  

Here apparenty. Generated by Thai bashers, do gooders, virtue signallers piety pointers, most of whom, by and large are pompous racist prigs who never analyse or think about their own countries nor cast judgement on them. I should add these people have little or  no travel experience and most are not here in Thailand anyway.

10 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I call it commonsense, gotta have your wits about when your out there, especially if your ride a big bike, giddy up...........!!!!

I agree. However, amongst TV contributors there is a dirth of commonsense but there is an abundance of anti thai bitterness,ignorance and hostility. There are many witless idiots out there including many none Thais. Experienced drivers know we have to be aware at all times and not be complacent.

On 4/4/2019 at 6:03 PM, sunnyboy2018 said:

Here apparenty. Generated by Thai bashers, do gooders, virtue signallers piety pointers, most of whom, by and large are pompous racist prigs who never analyse or think about their own countries nor cast judgement on them. I should add these people have little or  no travel experience and most are not here in Thailand anyway.

Hmmmm funny you ???? if you are talking about me-I’ve been here 10 years, and I have been with my Thai wife for 5 years.  We own 5 properties, and are quite happy together.  The Thai bashing you are speaking of has most to do with wishing to make the country a better place for everyone.  Complaining doesn’t always help, but TV people at least know what the concerns are, and This is a place to vent-if you think Thai people don’t think the same, then your friends are probably drunks or druggies because Thais have the same concerns as us.  Good luck with wanting everything to stay the same because you are in the minority.  Thai people deserve better.  Stop wishing for things to stay the same because of your own self interest 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived