UK Spouse Visa - Company Director Financials

I'm hoping for some advice, please.

I have been with my girlfriend for 6 years and for most of the past 4 years we have been living in Thailand. We plan to marry, then live in the UK. 

I am the director of my own company and I comfortably clear the threshold via dividend payments, declared salary and rental income. But like many people in my situation, I don't pay myself regularly. I just transfer lump sums from my business account to my personal accounts at random intervals. This is perfectly normal and legal. Nor do I have official payslips or dividend vouchers. But then I read that the following evidence is needed:  

"Personal bank statements covering the same 12-month period as the Company Tax Return CT600 showing that the salary as a director or employee of the company (or both) was paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly."

"Dividend vouchers for all dividends declared in favour of the person during or in respect of the period covered by the Company Tax Return CT600 showing the company’s and the person’s details with the person’s net dividend amount and tax credit."

"Personal bank statement(s) showing that those dividends were paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly."

Does anyone knows how strict they are on this? I have looked at my bank statements and I made 2 transfers that exactly match my declared dividends, by pure chance. However, I have no exact match for my declared salary. My 'official' salary is £8,244. In addition to the dividends, during that 12 month period (to year ending 31st January 2019) I also made transfers of £4,000 + £4,000 + £10,000. So I have evidence of transferring more than my official salary, but it clearly doesn't match. 

Obviously I don't want to spend money on an application, only for it to be rejected on a financial technicality. It's obvious I clear the threshold and I have nothing to hide, but from what I have read they appear to be very picky, so I am concerned. What do you think are my chances based on the above? 

I'm half tempted to go down the cash savings route, but I need cash flow for my business. That would also take 6 months before we can apply. If I have to wait 6 months then I'm also tempted to resign as a director of my own company, or setup a shell company of sorts and pay myself a salary for 6 months, then apply as a "salaried employee" with far fewer questions to answer and significantly less paperwork. But that feels a bit shady and comes with risks. Does anyone know if/how they would investigate an employer? 

I have emailed my accountant for his advice but I don't think he is as knowledgeable on immigration processes as you guys, so I'd welcome your thoughts.

I am self employed and I sent my accountant the visa guidelines and he did it all for me for around a £100 on top of my end of years accountants fees. He doesn't need to know about immigration law. He simply needs to follow the financial guidelines for the visa.

3 hours ago, rasg said:

I am self employed and I sent my accountant the visa guidelines and he did it all for me for around a £100 on top of my end of years accountants fees. He doesn't need to know about immigration law. He simply needs to follow the financial guidelines for the visa.

I told him I needed to clear £18,600 and he did this. I didn't read the 'small print' though, so it's my own fault. I've started paying myself monthly and I think we'll have to wait until 2020 to apply, unless I can sort out the cash saving route. Anything else is just a headache.

Archived