BANGKOK 20 March 2019 06:40
webfact

Czech tourist taken to hospital after collision with motorcycle in Pattaya

Czech tourist taken to hospital after collision with motorcycle in Pattaya

9pm.jpg

Picture: The Pattaya News

Police and rescue services were called after a pedestrian from the Czech Republic was involved in a collision with a motorcycle in Soi Bua Khao in Central Pattaya earlier this morning. 

Daniel Hykl, 44, was given first aid at the scene for a head injury and other injuries to his body before being taken to Pattaya Memorial Hospital around 2.30 am. 

Anon Kaewma, 30, the driver of a Honda Wave 125 said that he was on his way to South Pattaya when the tourist ran out in front of him. He was unable to brake in time and hit him, he said. 

Source: The Pattaya News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-11

6 minutes ago, smedly said:

at what speed and on what side of the road did this happen, I'd be willing to wager he was riding like a lunatic on the wrong side of the road

To the Czech guy it was. 

I hate being a pedestrian around there, no pavements and parked vehicles force you into the traffic and it is seriously busy.

45 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

According to the photo, it happened on the left side. No mention of speed, but really doesn't matter as the Czech, as a pedestrian, should've watched the traffic before trying to pass the road.

By "pass the road" I believe you mean cross. The driver said he "ran out in front of him" but as he was the one who hit the Czeck he's the last person I'd believe.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lemonltr said:

By "pass the road" I believe you mean cross. The driver said he "ran out in front of him" but as he was the one who hit the Czeck he's the last person I'd believe.

Yes, I meant cross the road. I still can't blame the driver. The drunk (?) pedestrian should've checked the road situation before he left the sidewalk.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

According to the photo, it happened on the left side. No mention of speed, but really doesn't matter as the Czech, as a pedestrian, should've watched the traffic before trying to pass the road.

oh ?

not sure how you work that out, he may have been moved or started crossing from the other side, it is also not clear the direction of the bike. but hey - maybe you were there.

One of the problems on soi Buakhao are slow moving baht buses and lunatics trying to pass them - couple that with lack of footpaths and a very busy tourist area - and this is what happens

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why do some people always assume they know a lot more than they actually know?

Is it so difficult to stick to the facts and maybe updates later on?

Some accidents happen because of high speed.

Some accidents happen because of driving on the wrong side.

And lot of accidents happen for numerous other reasons.

Don't assume...

what are you going on about

My first sentence comprised of two questions

my second "wager" was based on experience from what I have seen on that soi

go and lecture someone that will listen to your pointless contribution

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, smedly said:

he may have been moved or started crossing from the other side, it is also not clear the direction of the bike

Correct, but even so, don't you think as vulnerable pedestrian, he should've taken more care when crossing the road?

• Like 1

Europe (beside of Brexit Ilands) is driving on the right side of the road. So you look to the left before you cross a road. If you do that in Thailand, you will not last very long. 

If he did that, no wonder he ended up in front of the motorcycle. Best is, allways look to both sides before you cross the road. 

• Like 1

One of the requirements to ride a motorcycle in Thailand is to be clueless and not drive cautiously. Why not? You can always blame your reckless driving on the breaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Haha 1