Czech tourist taken to hospital after collision with motorcycle in Pattaya

webfact

Czech tourist taken to hospital after collision with motorcycle in Pattaya

9pm.jpg

Picture: The Pattaya News

Police and rescue services were called after a pedestrian from the Czech Republic was involved in a collision with a motorcycle in Soi Bua Khao in Central Pattaya earlier this morning. 

Daniel Hykl, 44, was given first aid at the scene for a head injury and other injuries to his body before being taken to Pattaya Memorial Hospital around 2.30 am. 

Anon Kaewma, 30, the driver of a Honda Wave 125 said that he was on his way to South Pattaya when the tourist ran out in front of him. He was unable to brake in time and hit him, he said. 

Source: The Pattaya News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-11

20 minutes ago, webfact said:

Anon Kaewma, 30, the driver of a Honda Wave 125 said that he was on his way to South Pattaya

at what speed and on what side of the road did this happen, I'd be willing to wager he was riding like a lunatic on the wrong side of the road

6 minutes ago, smedly said:

at what speed and on what side of the road did this happen, I'd be willing to wager he was riding like a lunatic on the wrong side of the road

To the Czech guy it was. 

I hate being a pedestrian around there, no pavements and parked vehicles force you into the traffic and it is seriously busy.

35 minutes ago, smedly said:

According to the photo, it happened on the left side. No mention of speed, but really doesn't matter as the Czech, as a pedestrian, should've watched the traffic before trying to pass the road.

45 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

According to the photo, it happened on the left side. No mention of speed, but really doesn't matter as the Czech, as a pedestrian, should've watched the traffic before trying to pass the road.

By "pass the road" I believe you mean cross. The driver said he "ran out in front of him" but as he was the one who hit the Czeck he's the last person I'd believe.

1 minute ago, Lemonltr said:

By "pass the road" I believe you mean cross. The driver said he "ran out in front of him" but as he was the one who hit the Czeck he's the last person I'd believe.

Yes, I meant cross the road. I still can't blame the driver. The drunk (?) pedestrian should've checked the road situation before he left the sidewalk.

2 hours ago, smedly said:

Why do some people always assume they know a lot more than they actually know?

Is it so difficult to stick to the facts and maybe updates later on?

Some accidents happen because of high speed.

Some accidents happen because of driving on the wrong side.

And lot of accidents happen for numerous other reasons.

Don't assume...

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

oh ?

not sure how you work that out, he may have been moved or started crossing from the other side, it is also not clear the direction of the bike. but hey - maybe you were there.

One of the problems on soi Buakhao are slow moving baht buses and lunatics trying to pass them - couple that with lack of footpaths and a very busy tourist area - and this is what happens

19 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why do some people always assume they know a lot more than they actually know?

Is it so difficult to stick to the facts and maybe updates later on?

Some accidents happen because of high speed.

Some accidents happen because of driving on the wrong side.

And lot of accidents happen for numerous other reasons.

Don't assume...

what are you going on about

My first sentence comprised of two questions

my second "wager" was based on experience from what I have seen on that soi

go and lecture someone that will listen to your pointless contribution

14 minutes ago, smedly said:

he may have been moved or started crossing from the other side, it is also not clear the direction of the bike

Correct, but even so, don't you think as vulnerable pedestrian, he should've taken more care when crossing the road?

Europe (beside of Brexit Ilands) is driving on the right side of the road. So you look to the left before you cross a road. If you do that in Thailand, you will not last very long. 

If he did that, no wonder he ended up in front of the motorcycle. Best is, allways look to both sides before you cross the road. 

3 hours ago, smedly said:

Maybe the Czech was not used to left hand driving and just looked to the wrong side? It takes time to get used to... Just look to both sides and you are much safer.

40 minutes ago, toenail said:

One of the requirements to ride a motorcycle in Thailand is to be clueless and not drive cautiously. Why not? You can always blame your reckless driving on the breaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

what "breaks" do you mean Tea Breaks....cig breaks... booze breaks?? !!!

all this conjecture as to what happened here... anyone who rides a motorbike down soi buakaow knows full well.. you are constantly trying to avoid people wandering into your path.. it's hard for tourists to navigate on foot sober, never mind when they've had a few drinks. I'm only surprised it doesn't happen more often

36 minutes ago, hkt83100 said:

Maybe the Czech was not used to left hand driving and just looked to the wrong side? It takes time to get used to... Just look to both sides and you are much safer.

maybe maybe maybe maybe

I know the soi - I have walked on it and driven on it and it is dangerous with Thai lunatics scrambling to pass everything in front of them - that is a fact

same goes for beach road Klang and 2nd 3rd road - in fact basically every road in pattaya has thai lunatics (and some farangs)   thinking they are Rossi with their exhausts removed making as much noise as possible in the most childish manner you could imagine

we have only heard the Thai guys version of events which was unsurprising - I am sure there were other people who witnessed this incident who were ignored or what they said was unreported 

Bikes dont stop for anyone on soi Buakhao. taxi bikes are by far the worst , they cant stand it when the are forced to go slow behind a baht bus so solution is overtake with speed on blind corners and hope for the best..to bad if a pedestrian is crossing the rd ahead cause he wont be seen, just felt!

...a pedestrian...involved in a collision.....???

...why...was he/she speeding....???

...illegal u-turn....???

....come on....

....'run over by a motorcycle'.....

...utter nonsense.....!!!

6 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Yes, I meant cross the road. I still can't blame the driver. The drunk (?) pedestrian should've checked the road situation before he left the sidewalk.

Yes but ... did he look both ways?

I dislike riding my scooter on Soi Bukaho. No sidewalks, tourists walking two-three abrest instead of single file. Darting across the road drunk or sober without checking for traffic. Stop and go Baht busses. Pedestrians have to remember its not walking street, vehicle operators have to keep in mind pedestrians are often drunk and come from countries that drive on the opposite side of the road and check the wrong direction as they start to cross the roads.  

17 hours ago, Kim J said:

Well no surprise here at all. The only surprise to me is that such incidents are not more common place. How on earth have they allowed this mess to develop, where a previously quiet Soi has turned into one of Pattaya's busiest entertainment areas for tourists, without having pavements for people to walk on safely?

Hordes of drunk people walking on the road in among unregulated traffic will never end well.

Money, greed and corruption are the causes Pattaya is in such a state. Footpaths are taken over by business, double parking unchecked and zero mobile, police patrols add to the mayhem on this and other city roads. More injuries will follow.

19 hours ago, Kim J said:

Well no surprise here at all. The only surprise to me is that such incidents are not more common place. How on earth have they allowed this mess to develop, where a previously quiet Soi has turned into one of Pattaya's busiest entertainment areas for tourists, without having pavements for people to walk on safely?

Hordes of drunk people walking on the road in among unregulated traffic will never end well.

As is evident throughout the country the concept of zoning has never been adopted - i.e. specific areas reserved for residential, commercial, and industrial enterprises.  Not unusual to have a mechanical workshop or a woodworking shop, etc. adjacent to a single family dwelling.

Archived